Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Were you at your ideal race weight?
Do you put on pounds and then try to lean out leading up to a race?
Any near collisions on the bike? What are your thoughts on a 3 loop course?
Everyone is asking about the bike and the run - How was your swim compared to your expectations?
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [timboricki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Were you at your ideal race weight?
Do you put on pounds and then try to lean out leading up to a race?
Any near collisions on the bike? What are your thoughts on a 3 loop course?
Everyone is asking about the bike and the run - How was your swim compared to your expectations?

- yes. 155lbs +/- 2lbs is what I shoot for, though I currently seem to hit that weight with appropriate training and don't need to diet to get there.

- yes. Mostly because otherwise I'd get too skinny. So when I put on pounds, it's mostly because I know I will lose weight once I start with heavy training. I don't ever put on a lot of pounds. I never really weigh more than about 161 lbs - or 6 lbs more than what I target for racing.

- Two "close calls." The closest was from someone putting a bottle in a rear carrier, which is part of why I hate rear cages. It's very unstable. I do like the three loop course though. You see family and friends, which is really nice. It's a very different experience than one-loop Canada, but I do enjoy it. I wouldn't have raced it three times if I didn't like. There are challenges, but I do like it. I also like it because other races are nice enough to cheer for me, which is really awesome.

- Great. Best swim ever. It was a bummer to get dropped off the back of the pack in the last 800m or so, but at the same time, I came out of the water closer to the front than ever. If I'd stayed in the group, I would have been two minutes off the back, which is probably a bigger improvement than I think is reasonable in one year. As it was, I already improved over a minute relative to where I was last year, which is great.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats yet again Jordan!

I noticed that while you were on the run you seemed to be checking your watch an awful lot -- at one point it seemed you looked almost ever 4 or 5 strides or so. Are you checking pace, or what were you watching?

---
Miles of Life --- Powered by MarkyV
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jordan, congrats again. timboricki pretty much stole my questions. Re your answers...

- yes. 155lbs +/- 2lbs is what I shoot for, though I currently seem to hit that weight with appropriate training and don't need to diet to get there.

- yes. Mostly because otherwise I'd get too skinny. So when I put on pounds, it's mostly because I know I will lose weight once I start with heavy training. I don't ever put on a lot of pounds. I never really weigh more than about 161 lbs - or 6 lbs more than what I target for racing.

What exactly is "too skinny"? Have you been there, what does it feel like (in training, racing, and general day-to-day living), what were the consequences? TIA...

blood, sweat...and big gears

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
- Muhammad Ali
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Do you ever hit it?

I have a question for you, how old are you?

It's not about the bike, it's just along for the ride.
Last edited by: roadhouse: Nov 25, 09 17:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lots of questions about power and pace for training.

In races and training do you where a HR belt as an additional number to see and weigh - or just pace/power + feel + demands of the day?
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [kylie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Congrats yet again Jordan!

I noticed that while you were on the run you seemed to be checking your watch an awful lot -- at one point it seemed you looked almost ever 4 or 5 strides or so. Are you checking pace, or what were you watching?

Pace.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [show pony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Jordan, congrats again. timboricki pretty much stole my questions. Re your answers...

What exactly is "too skinny"? Have you been there, what does it feel like (in training, racing, and general day-to-day living), what were the consequences? TIA...

Feel like getting sick all the time, loss of power on bike, general weakness, moody...

Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [roadhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Do you ever hit it?

29 now. 22 in the photo.

Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Lots of questions about power and pace for training.

In races and training do you where a HR belt as an additional number to see and weigh - or just pace/power + feel + demands of the day?

never use hr. perceived exertion to supplement power & bike in training.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks Jordan

and congrats, 2 outright IM wins is pretty effing SICK!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What kind of front hub are you running? Do you think that was the key to your win?

And congrats for the win, I'm a big fan!

-

The Triathlon Squad

Like us on Facebook!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What watch do you wear?

Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
What watch do you wear?

+1 What watch :)
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [Paulo Sousa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
What kind of front hub are you running? Do you think that was the key to your win?

And congrats for the win, I'm a big fan!

Zipp. I used an older 2008 1080 front, which is a different hub than on the 2009 wheels, such as the 808 I used in Canada. So I am not sure that the specific hub itself is really that important. At least provided it is a good hub with smooth rolling bearings. I once had a front wheel with really bad front bearings, and it was awful. ;)

Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [waitebe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
What watch do you wear?

Garmin 310XT

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Do you ever hit it?

29 now. 22 in the photo.

Got it. Your previous answer to my bike question didn't seem to want to match this pic which is why I asked. Can I ask you how much of your running training helped out with your riding if any and the other way around if any?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is your favorite flavor of Gatorade? :) Z
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
What is your favorite flavor of Gatorade? :) Z

Orange, thanks for asking.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Do you ever hit it?

lmao! Have to repost just in case you delete it!!

I think I rode it 6 or 8 times. But from the first ride, the only change I made was that my saddle was a bit too high, so it wasn't a big deal not to have a lot of time on it.

I must have missed the "critique my new transition..." thread ....

-----------------------------------------------
www.true-motion.com Triathlete Casual Wear since 2007
(Twitter/FB)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your swim just keeps on improving year after year which is frankly amazing to me. Is this a function of continuing to refine technique, mixing up your approach to the workouts or just plain harder work in the pool?

To you see yourself reaching a plateau or do you feel there are still further gains to be made?

-----------------------------------------------
www.true-motion.com Triathlete Casual Wear since 2007
(Twitter/FB)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Were you super excited to get on the new ride (in T1 when they handed you your bike)? It looked like you were going to hop on right there before realizing you needed to run it to the mount line. Do you spend much time working on transition strategy or is it pretty routine now?
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [roadhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Got it. Your previous answer to my bike question didn't seem to want to match this pic which is why I asked. Can I ask you how much of your running training helped out with your riding if any and the other way around if any?

Fitness transfers. So more run fitness helps cycling (and swimming) and vice versa. I can't isolate it any more than that. Being more fit just means being more fit to me. If you are really strong in one but not the other, it means your training is off.

Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [t2k] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Do you ever hit it?

lmao! Have to repost just in case you delete it!!

I think I rode it 6 or 8 times. But from the first ride, the only change I made was that my saddle was a bit too high, so it wasn't a big deal not to have a lot of time on it.

I must have missed the "critique my new transition..." thread ....

Delete it? It's in my profile as one of my five pics. Has been since we first added that feature to the forum...

Quote Reply

Prev Next