Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a question that I haven't seen addressed yet in the forum....

I cannot get my saddle level. Tried 3 different saddles and no matter what orientation I have the internal gearing , I am angled up or down.

There is no dead flat . Anything I am missing? Is it possible the "gear" in the mast is off?

Thanks in advance!!
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [blackadder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
are you turning the internal dial one way and the external the other? each time you do it, it should give you 0.5 degrees (I think) of rotation. you should be able to get it level

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [blackadder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The outer ring changes the angle by 3/4 of a degree. The inner ring moves it by a half. So to change the angle by the smallest amount, rotate the outer ring in one direction one notch and the inner ring in the opposite direction one notch.

That said, I've had the same problem and I was unable to get my saddle flat. It was just not possible and I still don't know exactly why. After I tried, my LBS had two guys working on it and they could not get it totally flat which is how I like to ride. I am using an Adamo Attack but the pictures I've seen with the stock saddle are flat. Its been extremely frustrating.

Let me know if you're able to make it work.
Last edited by: IronStork: Apr 12, 16 15:20
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [srev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
srev wrote:
We were talking in generalities about accessories made to utilize all the bosses. The only ones we discussed specifically were hydration and the seat box.

so what did they say about hydration?

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [IronStork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Watching some 3T videos on YouTube. Will give it a go after class!
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
srev wrote:
We were talking in generalities about accessories made to utilize all the bosses. The only ones we discussed specifically were hydration and the seat box.

so what did they say about hydration?

Sorry to be vague, but their answer was vague! I asked if they were ever going to sell things to take advantage of the 7 bosses, like a seat box or hydration. They said, "Yes, out to retailers in May."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just to be clear: they were meaning external hydration? Not an internal bladder type system?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Synnove] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I asked specifically about "things that would use the bosses," and they gave the response above.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone put behind the seat hydration on the IA 10 yet? What are you guys using? Does the Xlab Delta Wing work with the stock seat?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [IronStork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IronStork wrote:
The outer ring changes the angle by 3/4 of a degree. The inner ring moves it by a half. So to change the angle by the smallest amount, rotate the outer ring in one direction one notch and the inner ring in the opposite direction one notch.

That said, I've had the same problem and I was unable to get my saddle flat. It was just not possible and I still don't know exactly why. After I tried, my LBS had two guys working on it and they could not get it totally flat which is how I like to ride. I am using an Adamo Attack but the pictures I've seen with the stock saddle are flat. Its been extremely frustrating.

Let me know if you're able to make it work.
I haven't counted the teeth or looked it up but I don't need to to know those numbers are incorrect. It would require 480 and 720 teeth respectively, which there are not. If the designers had any sense which I suspect they did the number of teeth on one set will be just one different to the other so that you can get very fine adjustment without needing absurdly small teeth. You may want to move large numbers of teeth at a time however. Ever used a vernier scale? I presume it works like that.I should have looked it up instead of guessing but I'm being lazy. Its late and I'm off to bed. If you still have problems Ill have a look tomorrow and try and suggest an approach but even fiddling about with it should get you the solution in a minute or two. It did for me which is why I didn't need to look it up or do the maths.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [test] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
test wrote:
Anyone put behind the seat hydration on the IA 10 yet? What are you guys using? Does the Xlab Delta Wing work with the stock seat?

A delta wing may work but it depends. I'm currently using a super wing because the bottle cage mounts higher than some other mounts.

For 70.3's and under I would prefer to run something like a delta 400 along with my xlab versa up front. I currently have a Trek draft box mounted to the rear of the seat tube. Since my saddle height is not that high I have limited room for behind the seat hydration. With some mounts like the delta 400 the bottle cage sits too low and the draft box gets in the way. The shape of the underside of the saddle also makes it hard to mount certain rear mounted carriers especially if your saddle is mounted pretty far forward.

I thought I liked the stock seat, but had to deal with some pretty bad numbness issues after my first 70.3 last weekend. Looks like I am in the market for a new saddle which might be easier to use with some rear hydration setups. I also am waiting to see if felt comes up with a rear box that sits lower making more room for rear hydration.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Mcluvin22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Am different are the alloy grade and manufacturing process. The 3D+ use 7055 alloy and it is full CNC, while the 3D30 is made out of 7075 alloy and is first forged and then machined.

Simplifying: 3D+ is lighter and stiffer. Also you can get the 3D+ with the aero spyder.

As a third option you have the Flow, same alloy as the 3D+ also full CNC, just more aero but a little heavier.

All those cranks has a power meter option called Inpower.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [larsvanzanten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
larsvanzanten wrote:
Drumroll, please...

Felt IA 14
Flo 60 + DISC
Powertap P1

Could you guys help me figure out how to make this bike race ready? I'm considering using the bento box just for a flat kit, which means I still need to have some hydration and fueling options. I'm working towards my first Ironman now.

Hydration
I don't drink that much - just makes me pee. I'm considering the Torhans Aero30 bottle in front, but I don't know whether they have improved the design already, making it splash less. Maybe I should add another bottle behind the saddle?

Fueling
Haven't got a clue yet :-)

What would you guys recommend?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Although the aero30 splashes a bit I don't think it was ever so bad I couldn't stand it. I also use it only for water so not a big deal to get water splashed a bit over sports drink. Put a frame bottle on, Torhans aero bottle it nice but only if you don't need to replace it. If you need to replace bottle during race go with regular cage. I'd throw a cage behind the saddle too to have an extra bottle just in case. But I think you first need to figure out nutrition. If you're good with gels and Gatorade then you can live off course and make it easy! I have Torhans aero 20/30 for sale too...shameless plug!

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone found where to buy an additional calpac? I would like to modify one to add the shiv bladder or add a small bag to it for a flat kit. It seems you can get them from Germany.

http://www.felt-stuff.com/felt-ia-aeropac.html
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [BAMATRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just a shoutout to Jim@EROsports & SuperDave & everyone else on this post. I was able to completely rewire my IA10 with the Di2 set-up and switch to a 165mm ROTOR crank with the help of this forum.
What was unclear to me and is now clear: How t run the Di2 cables, how and if to remove the Calpak and what spacers I needed for the Rotor crank. Happy to provide more details if anyone has the same issue.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [theKAISER] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any photos from around the headset/calpac area of the wires before you closed it up?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [clydecat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will need to take those, will do it this week.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [clydecat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ordered an IA 10 frame set from JT Lyons at Moment Bicycles in San Diego (they were fantastic) and I built it up with some elements of my old TT bike and a new Ultegra Di2 groupset.

I'm loving it already and have only been on it twice so far - I still need to get to know it a bit more. Here are some reflections on the build....
  • The wiring from the Ui2 brake levers/shifters is pretty short. I have placed my 5 port junction box A in the calpac for easier charging/access but may need to move it to the storage area in front of the headtube due to the shortness in those lines (I used my old Profile-Design CX3 aerobars but the throw out to the end of the pursuit bars aren't that different from lots of other set ups).
  • This was my first Di2 build and didn't know what length wires to order so I called Felt and got a terrible answer ("just get the longest ones the offer"). I used the shortest ones made (150mm) for Junction B to Front D and for Junction B to internal battery. Used an 850mm from Junction A down to Junction B. Used a 500mm for rear D. This is on a 56cm bike.
  • Tri Rig Brakes - the front was a tiny bit of a bummer because I needed to score a super long bolt to get through the fork and then had to stack up spacers to keep the brake from scraping the head tube. The rear was a bit of a challenge as it really should be done with a noddle to make the very tight curve from the down tube exit to the brake ferule boss. I didn't use a noodle, rather I dremeled out a bit of the lip at the downtube exit and that allowed me to bend housing into place.

Other notes:
165 cranks, mid compact 52x36, 11x28, Enve 6,7 w/ Powertap hub, Cobb V-Flow Saddle.

Ian

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone else want to sell their stock Vision Trimax front brake? Asking for a friend. (I already procured one to replace my other aero front brake).

PM me with your offer price including shipping if you want to sell.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Apr 28, 16 13:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Je dacht dat wij die vragen niet konden beantwoorden 😅😅
Hij is goed geworden!!

grt,

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ianpeace wrote:
  • This was my first Di2 build and didn't know what length wires to order so I called Felt and got a terrible answer ("just get the longest ones the offer"). I used the shortest ones made (150mm) for Junction B to Front D and for Junction B to internal battery. Used an 850mm from Junction A down to Junction B. Used a 500mm for rear D. This is on a 56cm bike.
    Ian

Who did you speak with at Felt and when did you call them? I thought recommended wire lengths were published in the .pdf on the site.

-SD
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Who did you speak with at Felt and when did you call them? I thought recommended wire lengths were published in the .pdf on the site."

Dialed direct, got a you guy in dealer support. When I didn't like his answer he put me on hold to inquire elsewhere and came back with no better answer. Perhaps it's my own innocence but I kinda expected that to be a readily available thing. No biggie, it's easy enough to measure and ball park it.

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [tri-run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha, of course you can :-) Sent you an e-mail!
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IA16 is dialed and ready to race:

Took it around the American Zofingen course this morning. Solid as a rock.
I hit 50.1 mph on the first downhill. Solid, solid, great ride!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply

Prev Next