Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA [smt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
smt wrote:

Just curious what the TriRig AlphaX has advantage wise over the Felt Bayonet 3 basebar that comes on the IAx bikes? I assume more aero with a little more adjustability for fit?

Probably not more than 30 grams of drag and extension tilt could make up for more than that. See results for the classic alpha:

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
got my IA 10 today! i tried telling the shop this wasn't how it was supposed to be wired, and they looked at me funny. /facepalm i guess i'll try and do it myself. not sure whether to run towards notch in stem or just leave under calpac
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [jazzymusicman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, that's a pretty ugly job of wiring. Also, shorten up that front brake cable. You can pull a lot of it out of the wind.

I took my IA16 out for it's first ride today. Headed for the biggest downhill around here, hoping to hit 50 mph. I go up this hill all the time but I don't go down because you get squeezed, two lanes into one, about 2/3 of the way down. I was in traffic going down and before they all brake, and so did I, I got to 45.99. It was all smooth and steady. With out the traffic, I might have made it.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How's the comfort so far? I assume no worse than any other bike and it comes down to what tires + pressure and wheels you use and saddle?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Riding with a Hed3/Renn disc, Conti GP 4000 tires, an Adamo TT saddle and a Zipp Vuka Aero, it was solid as a rock on a blustery day. I think I have to pull the extensions back about 5 mm but other than that I think it was right on.

''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yikes! I'd look for a new shop and have them do it the right way. Don't get in over your head "fixing" the wiring.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Send them a link to this thread and look at them like WTH. That is crazy.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are there plans for other stem options (with more rise)? I tested a 56 IA16 today and he had to put 60mm of risers (40+20 with bridge) to get the pads where I'd like them (can't get very low!). The bike would look much better with just the 40mm riser....but would need to get some rise out of a stem...

Can an uncut fork be purchased separately and use an aftermarket stem?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [7ofClubs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
7ofClubs wrote:
Send them a link to this thread and look at them like WTH. That is crazy.

That's the plan. They're going to fit me on Monday and then I'm going to show them all the photos from here
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone here do mostly shorter events like TT's and duathlons that are considering or went with the Felt IAx?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [cpotter88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Please no.

Raising the stem will add so much frontal area it will slow the bike. The solution is not a stem with more rise.

60mm is good. Much better airflow. Flip the base bars over if you would like that position higher.

Stems are not needed to cover the range of reasonable fit options.

Dave
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Anyone here do mostly shorter events like TT's and duathlons that are considering or went with the Felt IAx?

I've put 3 athletes on Felt IAxx's already this season. 1 is purely a bike racer, 1 is only a short course athlete + does some duathlons and one is a long course athlete.

I think the IA xx is pretty much a slam dunk no matter what distances/sport you race.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So...are there any sellers/distributors/whatever on this thread that would sell a Felt IAx (Must be Di2 capable in 56), and ship it...to say Alaska? No LBS where I live, and I don't recall ever seeing a Felt dealer in the big City (Anchorage). I put a bike together this winter...and I'm thinking I could probably do it again.

Or is this not an option?

Current plan was to try to call around to a Las Vegas dealer to get one. But I've called twice to two of the dealers down there, that would "call me back" with the cost and info...and both times, neither ever did.
Last edited by: Culley22: Feb 21, 16 11:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dave, if you were putting a round water bottle on the IA16, where would be better; down tube or seat tube?

What about the Torhens VR, does it fit on this frame?

Last edited by: Sweeney: Feb 21, 16 12:35
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [Culley22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What about some shop down in Portland? A bit closer and no sales tax would be good, or even vancouver BC with the weaker Canadian dollar.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't looked into Portland as I rarely ever travel to there. If it was to be shipped, since AK has no sales tax I usually don't get charged any Sales tax. Now, it may be that a Portland place has one, and WOULD ship it...and I'd be open to that. But if someone on here had means to make it happen, it might alleviate me calling around to see who has what (since like I said, I hit up a few shops in Vegas and they didn't have anything, but would call me back on when they could get it and the cost).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
smt wrote:

Yes, I do only short stuff. Mostly 20km TT
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
Quote:

I've put 3 athletes on Felt IAxx's already this season. 1 is purely a bike racer, 1 is only a short course athlete + does some duathlons and one is a long course athlete.

I think the IA xx is pretty much a slam dunk no matter what distances/sport you race.

Thank you desert dude. I appreciate that. I figured there would be more like me that are considering the IAx and are into shorter events, just wanted to make sure there wasn't something I was missing. It feels like the IA is somewhat more geared towards the Ironman crowd (or at least that is how it comes across to me).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
super dave

got my IA 16 yesterday - love the bike

question however, what is the purpose of that strip on the seat post to cover up the vertical "gap" in the seat post - in fact why the "gap" at all ?

thx
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [UKINNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
UKINNY wrote:
super dave
question however, what is the purpose of that strip on the seat post to cover up the vertical "gap" in the seat post - in fact why the "gap" at all ?
thx

Th strip is mostly cosmetic and helps to keep moisture and debris from falling inside the frame.
Without the gap the seatpost would be less compliant but more importantly would not be able to move up and down.

-SD
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [UKINNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
UKINNY wrote:
super dave

thx
The seatpost locking mechanism consists of 2 bolts, 1 either side that pass through the wall of the seatpost and clamp it to the frame. The slot is for the bolts. You'll notice they are directly in line with the slot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gotcha

many thanks

steve
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
Dave, if you were putting a round water bottle on the IA16, where would be better; down tube or seat tube?
What about the Torhens VR, does it fit on this frame?

BTA by a large margin, (3w-5w)

-SD
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Desert dude or Super Dave or anybody!

I just got an IA10 size 54, coming from a 2013 Argon e-112 (small). Did all my due due diligence wrt sizing, at least as much as I could without having a bike available to physically try.

Now I am in the process of setting it up and it feels a bit short, specifically the aerobars and pads. I have long long arms and it feels like I need a couple more centimeters seat to pads and seat to aerobar tips reach. Unsure what to do at this point- I don't want to mess with the stem. I was wondering if a new aerobar setup with longer extensions might help. Specifically looking at the ENVE system since it has J bend extensions that are long, and bars and pads that can be tilted. What do you think?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is that to say the Torhans VR bottle is a dud on the IA frames (IA or IAx) ? I had planned on using one for my spare kit this year for a 70.3 on the seat tube. Hydration would come via a Torhans Aero30 upfront and a rear mounted round bottle.

Whats been your best method for setting up for the 70.3 crowd using this bike?

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply

Prev Next