Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Team ZOOT
Quote | Reply
I'm super excited to be part of Team ZOOT for 2023. I love their stuff, and am thrilled to have been picked! I'm in Maryland. Hoping to come across other athletes next year from the team. Also excited to be partnered with some of my favorite brands. I typically race Kinetic Multisports races and also hoping to branch out and do a 70.3 race next year.

Also hoping I can keep up with my training and represent next year!
Quote Reply
Re: Team ZOOT [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
littlefoot wrote:
I'm super excited to be part of Team ZOOT for 2023. I love their stuff, and am thrilled to have been picked! I'm in Maryland. Hoping to come across other athletes next year from the team. Also excited to be partnered with some of my favorite brands. I typically race Kinetic Multisports races and also hoping to branch out and do a 70.3 race next year.

Also hoping I can keep up with my training and represent next year!

Welcome to the Team! Be sure to find Team Zoot Mid Atlantic's Facebook group and ask to join. Your Team Captain is Ashley Anderson, she's terrific.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zoot has very little (any?) presence in Australia.
Sadness.

"Find a way, not an excuse". Goony, Kona, 2009
Quote Reply
Re: Team ZOOT [teaandstuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve been offered a place for the coming season. Any idea who the European partners are? What sort of discounts are normally offered?

Thinking it’ll be fun to be part of something bigger, especially since I’ve had to move away from home for work for a while.
Quote Reply
Re: Team ZOOT [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been with team zoot for the past 2 years, but their strict policy is a deal breaker for me. That is you MUST race with the team kit otherwise you are out. Team captain emphasized this several times in the emails and facebook posts and once you get caught you are out. I've decided not to join team zoot next year. I've been wearing the same kit in most of my race pics and I want to wear different kits sometimes. If they don't have this policy, I would still wear maybe 60-70% of the time and proud to represent them. Anyway, I tried and it's time for me to move on. If you are in the U.S., you will see so many people wearing the same team zoot kit in most big races. Good luck!
Quote Reply
Re: Team ZOOT [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I enjoy racing in their kit and the Ohana out on the course.
If Trek gave you 40% off your bike, would you be bothered by having to race on their bikes? Zoot only has two “rules”. Don’t be a jerk out there while representing them, wear their kit. Seems fair to me. But great minds can disagree! Lots of great teams and clubs out there.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Re: Team ZOOT [Karl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I don’t get it. Seems like a fair compromise

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: Team ZOOT [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
I've been with team zoot for the past 2 years, but their strict policy is a deal breaker for me. That is you MUST race with the team kit otherwise you are out. Team captain emphasized this several times in the emails and facebook posts and once you get caught you are out. I've decided not to join team zoot next year. I've been wearing the same kit in most of my race pics and I want to wear different kits sometimes. If they don't have this policy, I would still wear maybe 60-70% of the time and proud to represent them. Anyway, I tried and it's time for me to move on. If you are in the U.S., you will see so many people wearing the same team zoot kit in most big races. Good luck!

Be kind and race in the kit is all we require. If that doesn't work for some folks, no worries, but it's not a big ask.

Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do they reject anyone who applies? Not sure what’s their selection criteria. Sorry if I sound like a **** but the people i know in it are mostly BOP. Not that it’s a bad thing, but seems like zoot is going for volume
Quote Reply
Re: Team ZOOT [hubcaps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zoot is not an elite racing team. And yes almost all are welcomed. Fun, nice people that share the feeling of Ohana!
You will find fop, mop, and bop. You should see how many of us were at St George World’s 70.3 and full.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is the main advantage to be in that team?
Do you receive special coaching, discount, advices, training camp etc...?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hubcaps wrote:
Do they reject anyone who applies? Not sure what’s their selection criteria. Sorry if I sound like a **** but the people i know in it are mostly BOP. Not that it’s a bad thing, but seems like zoot is going for volume

Us regional Captains will make final recommendations as to who is on our squad. Meaning if there are people we don't think would be a good fit we don't have them on. But for the most part we welcome everyone, we are not a performance based Team.

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply
Re: Team ZOOT [ThyTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThyTri wrote:
What is the main advantage to be in that team?
Do you receive special coaching, discount, advices, training camp etc...?

We are a brand ambassador program, offering discounts on Zoot and our many team partners including Garmin, QR, HED, Rudy, TriRig, Hyperice, Form Goggles, Magic5, and others. Also we strive to build communities in our respective regions and at events for folks. I love being on a race course and seeing all our team kiys and everyone encouraging each other. We won the Tri Club Championship last year and Ironman gave us many free entries to races to give away to our team, which was a nice perk. I had 6 for IMAZ alone for my Southwest region. This year for anyone who signs up early they are entered to win a pair of Hyperice recovery boots or HED wheels. We are doing at least two distinct training camps in 2023.

Team ZOOT
Last edited by: Bryancd: Oct 3, 22 4:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yay! Welcome to the Ohana! I'm one of the Maryland state reps as part of Team M-A, feel free to DM me and say hi! We've got some fun stuff in the works for next year.

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hubcaps wrote:

They do and have rejected people (and also asked people to leave for not supporting the team ethos). And as far as the BOP comment goes, the squadron of teammates going to Kona and StG would disagree with you. We have a whole Podium Project that rewards placement at races. And we do all of that while championing the athletes who are out there giving it their best, F or M or B OP. The entire point of Team Zoot is to champion the pursuit of excellence in triathlon and foster a positive multisport community, we just happen to be wearing the best brand of kit out there ;)

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: Team ZOOT [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr_Cupcake wrote:
hubcaps wrote:
The entire point of Team Zoot is to champion the pursuit of excellence in triathlon and foster a positive multisport community, we just happen to be wearing the best brand of kit out there ;)

I would say the entire point of Team Zoot is to grow Zoot's business and make more money.
While the goal for those in team zoot might be to "champion the pursuit of excellence" it is certainly not the reason behind zoot creating the team.

I am not necessarily arguing just clarifying the reason brands start things like this is very different then the stated mission.

I do have to say my admittedly very limited experience with people from Team Zoot has left a bad taste in my mouth. Several instances of triathletes who take themselves much too seriously for their own good and embodied everything I do not like about triathlon and come across as the self important triathlete and being on a "Team" only seems to impower them to be more egotistical.
(also 100% not saying you fall into that but so far that has been my experience)
Quote Reply
Re: Team ZOOT [STeaveA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
STeaveA wrote:
Dr_Cupcake wrote:
hubcaps wrote:
The entire point of Team Zoot is to champion the pursuit of excellence in triathlon and foster a positive multisport community, we just happen to be wearing the best brand of kit out there ;)

I would say the entire point of Team Zoot is to grow Zoot's business and make more money.
While the goal for those in team zoot might be to "champion the pursuit of excellence" it is certainly not the reason behind zoot creating the team.

I am not necessarily arguing just clarifying the reason brands start things like this is very different then the stated mission.

I do have to say my admittedly very limited experience with people from Team Zoot has left a bad taste in my mouth. Several instances of triathletes who take themselves much too seriously for their own good and embodied everything I do not like about triathlon and come across as the self important triathlete and being on a "Team" only seems to impower them to be more egotistical.
(also 100% not saying you fall into that but so far that has been my experience)

Of course, all brand ambassador programs are structured to create a higher volume of sales by offering discounts to product. I was one of the three folks who created the Team back in 2013. Prior to that we were the Zoot Ultra Team, which was performance based. That started in 2006 and I joined in 2007. We had about 30 top AG'ers and young pro's. It was us and Team TIMEX. The ROI for the Ultra Team ws sort of hit and miss, some people were great at being representatives for ZOOT in their local communities and were influential others were not. So in 2012, Zoot wanted a change. At the time, I was very impressed watching what Wattie Ink. was doing with their team. They had far more people, showing up en mass at races and seemed like they were having a lot of fun and helping Wattie sell gear. So I suggested we model our AG team similar to theirs. That's how Team Zoot was born and the thinking behind it. I'm sorry you have had poor experiences with someTeam Zoot folks, in my experience taking themselves too seriously is a general triathlete issue not unique to an specific team.

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also got word that I've been accepted to Team Zoot for 2023! I am excited to get some nice discounts on great kit. One of my local tri club folks is a current (2022) member and is pleased with the experience so far.

Does anyone have comments on kit fit? I am in one of those "in between" size areas, 6'2" and about 190 lbs...I keep going back and forth between L and XL on the one piece suits, not sure whether to size up or not. Any advice welcomed!
Quote Reply
Re: Team ZOOT [rickt411] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rickt411 wrote:
I also got word that I've been accepted to Team Zoot for 2023! I am excited to get some nice discounts on great kit. One of my local tri club folks is a current (2022) member and is pleased with the experience so far.

Does anyone have comments on kit fit? I am in one of those "in between" size areas, 6'2" and about 190 lbs...I keep going back and forth between L and XL on the one piece suits, not sure whether to size up or not. Any advice welcomed!

I'm not a Zoot member but love their kits. I race in L and it's borderline a tick loose for my taste. I'm 6'1" 180.

Cheers, Ray
Quote Reply
Re: Team ZOOT [STeaveA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
STeaveA wrote:
Dr_Cupcake wrote:
hubcaps wrote:

Agreed; a way to get discounts is the main driver IMO. Oddly, as a worker in as retail Tri store, we lose so many sales to these "teams" as we are not allowed by the vendors to discount. Come to our store, have us educate you on products, try them on for size, and buy through the team. Brick and mortar loses, but it seems to be the way of the world.

Kiwami Racing Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was rejected by team Zoot roughly 2-seasons ago.

I found it ironic because they said my social media presence wasn't strong enough (which I admit I have zero social media for personal reasons) but I assume they did little research or read my bio as I run a 500-member club page on strava with 1-2 weekly rides that has from 50-90 riders on each ride during peak season. I would say that 20% of those riders are tri-specific, I also moved into full time MTB racing and Gravel racing.

I wasn't upset but just thought it was somewhat ironic haha, so no - they do not take "anyone"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think they recommend sizing up, looking at the chart you'd be better off at an XL

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tough call indeed. I’m 6’3, 193-198 range. XL fits well and comfy but like many suits, when wet, maybe a touch big and personally I get “scoop neck” (neckline droops a bit) on the ride which is my only issue (although it’s a fairly big issue) with the Zoot tri suits. Otherwise, suits are really nice and I would put them up against any other brand these days.

So, for you, I would say if you like snug but not super tight, go XL. If you prefer really snug, go L.
Quote Reply
Re: Team ZOOT [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr_Cupcake wrote:
Yay! Welcome to the Ohana! I'm one of the Maryland state reps as part of Team M-A, feel free to DM me and say hi! We've got some fun stuff in the works for next year.

Great to hear! I will reach out this week. Looking forward to the team.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To chime in on a few of the comments...

I'm not on Team Zoot, but have often considered it. The only reason I don't is I have several Zoot tri suits that I love and want to keep alternating (just wore the Oktoberfest one and was pretty fun!). I've met and talked to several Team Zoot folks and all have been awesome. I just moved to the SF Bay Area so don't know any yet, but there were several in DFW that were at most of the local races and really enjoyed racing against them, chatting it up afterwards... Because of that and that I love Zoot, I've thought of joining. Maybe I will after another year or two before I buy another suit...

To the person asking about sizing, I'm 6'3" and 205 lbs. Zoot's one-piece XL (sleeved) fits me pretty well. I wouldn't mind the L from a tightness standpoint, but need the length in the torso that the XL provides. I believe the earlier posted said they were 6'2"? If you are the shorter-torso body type for your height, a L might be best. But if you are longer-torso type, go with the XL.
Quote Reply

Prev Next