Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS COMING!!!! [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wsrobert wrote:
So a triathlon only bike, but no consideration for hydration. Because he spent too much time hiding a Silca Allen key in the fork. FFS. Never mind word is those kappa cages are literally unusable while actually riding. Meaning they hold too tightly.

So I guess this is for dentists who race sprints?

Drinking? ain't nobody got time for dat
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS COMING!!!! [frenchieTT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you ever had a root canal?
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS COMING!!!! [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I was on the same fit as my p5 I would be in the same spot on that chart for a medium. However, I was hoping to buy the x-low bars and those got discontinued because of the recall. So in reality I want to be lower than the 575 stack, but that's not happening any day soon unless I go back to the p4.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a shiv and people hate on it for reasons. but I will say I feel they did a good job of integration. I have never had an issue with the internal bladder and it just works and doesn't leak (people complain that its too small 22oz). I do use this bladder and a BTA for hydration. I also find the fuelcell works great as well. I can throw in a gel flask and a few other things and still grab it out when in aero no issues. Maybe I will get heat for it but I do find that if want a good starting point for integration I think they did it well not perfect but pretty good considering. I still feel its at the top of well performing integration in real world conditions.

PS. This frame is way better looking than a ventum. If I was in the market for this type of bike I would pick this based on vanity alone compared to a ventum.

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS COMING!!!! [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that is where the 48 P(whatever) comes into play(you just run out of reach quickly)
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS COMING!!!! [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would mind trying to ride this other than I don't want to pay for it and I don't want my water bottles behind my @ss when training.(hate how it throws the bike feel off and cant use BTA in my position) probably pretty fast and I actually kinda like how it looks(did I say that?)
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS COMING!!!! [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's okay I'm happy with it. Not planning on replacing it anytime soon since I think the gains from a frame are starting to level out. Not too mention my training is the bigger issue than a new bike at this point.
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS COMING!!!! [zachboring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zachboring wrote:
I think the closest thing might be the Canyon...

Not the one on the front page! Like me you'd have to save up for the SLX.
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS COMING!!!! [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is what I meant. Forgot about the new one.
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS HERE!!! [PubliusValerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And still can't find the time to finish a stem...
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS COMING!!!! [hutchy_belfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hutchy_belfast wrote:
Does anyone else think 1 year warranty for a $5k frame is damn stingy?

Hadn't noticed that. That seems odd, no? Even Dimond offers 6 years.....not sure about Ventum.

Lack of faith in the durability of the frame?
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS COMING!!!! [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
... an aero penny farthing

What's old is new again?

I don't really understand why this bike was made. That sounds kinda harsh, and I'm not knocking the design, but with a market replete with very high end designs, I'm not seeing the opportunity; whereas the accessories were all clearly overlooked and low-hanging fruit. Maybe the data will show a crazy performance boost and beating everything else to market now that 3:1 is bygone. I look forward to reading more when they interview Nick on the details. -J

----------------------------------------------------------------
Life is tough. But it's tougher when you're stupid. -John Wayne
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS COMING!!!! [hutchy_belfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hutchy_belfast wrote:

Dealbreaker (not that I was interested in a TR bike anyway).

I guess Nick will finally be able to write a completely positive [subjectively biased] review of a bike.
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS COMING!!!! [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
James Haycraft wrote:
hutchy_belfast wrote:

Dealbreaker (not that I was interested in a TR bike anyway).

I guess Nick will finally be able to write a completely positive [subjectively biased] review of a bike.

Nick is quoted detailing his bike as "bombproof". With a 1 year warranty it would seem he doesnt actually believe that.

slowman wrote:
Salazar says this factory tests to 120 percent or more than ISO standards. He stands behind the Omni as, “bombproof; you can put this bike in a trainer, BB torsion and stiffness pass with flying colors.â€
...as long as you only use it like that for a year.

"One Line Robert"
Last edited by: wsrobert: Sep 13, 16 7:14
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS COMING!!!! [karlaj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I actually suspect Nick has picked some of the remaining low-hanging fruit. I claims that with an initial 3d printed prototype he managed to beat a P5 by ~5 watts. Not bad. He also references ~5 watts of savings for the skewers. That seems a bit high to me, elsewhere I've seen 2-3 watts, but still there's savings to be had. Just look at the detail Trek put into the skewers of the Speed Concept. There may also be savings from the 1x configuration. It's completely speculative but there's a chance that this bike is 5-10w faster than a similarly equipped P5.

If that ends up being the case that's actually pretty significant.
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS COMING!!!! [karlaj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If this bike is 5 watts faster than a P5 frameset, that is pretty substantial. If I cant hit 16cm of drop off a 78cm seat height, that is a deal breaker.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
true, very true

last bombproof item(from talking with RP) I had was a set of rudy project glasses, they were not and actually quite sucked arse
Last edited by: jeffp: Sep 13, 16 7:10
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS COMING!!!! [zachboring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A lot of negativity. I truly think the bike will fit most serious athletes. This view that it is not low enough isn't cutting it for me. With the tririg aerobars, you can get low. Doing the math, the reach on the Omni is perfect for me, with a 10mm longer stem that I'm running now, which will lead to better handling: that's a good thing. Then, with a 74cm seatpost height (bb to top of saddle), if I slam the spacers/pads on the Omega aerobars and keep the stem slammed, get ready for this, I achieve ~18.5cm of drop from the top of my saddle to the top of the aerobar pads. Want longer, go with a tad longer stem. I ride long and low, I'm flexible... and the Omni would be a spot on fit for me. honestly, who is going with more than 18.5cm of drop!?

someone had mentioned wanting to get behind the bb more... have you used the Ritchey seatpost clamp? That thing does wonders; once you slid the clamp all the way back on the seatpost-rail, and then slid your saddle all of the way back on the saddle-rails, getting 7cm behind the bb really shouldn't be an issue. I ride with the tip of my saddle 6cm behind the bb with no problem on a bike with very similar geometry to the Omni, and I could go back 8+ more cm if I wanted (I don't want to).

I'm excited, this is a super-well thought out bike.

But, I will agree with others, a one year warranty is scary. [edit: Nick posted that it has a 5 year warranty. all is good in the world]

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Last edited by: milesthedog: Sep 13, 16 8:59
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS COMING!!!! [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
a 10cm longer stem? Are you on a downhill mtn bike stem??

W/ regard to the warranty, what about all the people whose original Alpha bars broke/cracked and were told to use a torque wrench (even if they did) and buy another one?

That gives me a LOT of confidence in a multi thousand dollar frame that (at least as far as we know) this one guy designed who also used to design and build lightsabers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mm, corrected that. thanks

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS COMING!!!! [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
milesthedog wrote:

But, I will agree with others, a one year warranty is scary.

".. Salazar believes the factory they’re now using has its own failsafe checks .."

I have an Alpha X and I think Nick is the unfortunate recipient of those failsafe checks not being done particularly well. I have had a lot of discussions with people who have had annoying issues with the bar. The pads falling off due to poor glue quality. The cable routing is not as easy as advertised due to the amount of excess material left inside the bar cavity. The TriRig extensions do not fit the TriRig bars! You have to ask for thin metal shims ("due to variances in the extensions diameter"), that are sent separately for some reason, you have to wrap these around the extensions to stop it wobbling up and down when attached to the bar. I don't think any of those are Nick's fault, they are manufacturing issues rather than design is my guess .... although I do not know the process. Nick also does not have the facility to replace parts without you sending them back to him first because "right now we don't have any policy that satisfies your demand. Sorry for any inconvenience." Meaning weeks without a bike if something they sold you doesn't work. It kind of ties you in to just living with it and circumnavigating the problem yourself.

Would I buy an Aplha X again? Yes. In fact I have to because of a crash which cracked the riser bolt insert on the basebar. I have a few TriRig items. I am a TriRig customer. The bars look great and I can work around those issues with a bit of work on the bars myself. I am not sure I would want to do that with a bike though.

I hope the bike is dialled and sells well. The more them merrier, and it's great to see some out of the box thinking .... even if it is a mix of out of the box ideas assembled in one place.

Good luck Nick.

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS COMING!!!! [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
I actually suspect Nick has picked some of the remaining low-hanging fruit. I claims that with an initial 3d printed prototype he managed to beat a P5 by ~5 watts. Not bad. He also references ~5 watts of savings for the skewers. That seems a bit high to me, elsewhere I've seen 2-3 watts, but still there's savings to be had. Just look at the detail Trek put into the skewers of the Speed Concept. There may also be savings from the 1x configuration. It's completely speculative but there's a chance that this bike is 5-10w faster than a similarly equipped P5.

If that ends up being the case that's actually pretty significant.

Remember that the Ventum is also faster than the P5 until you put someone on it. Bikes don't ride themselves.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
James Haycraft wrote:
a 10cm longer stem? Are you on a downhill mtn bike stem??

W/ regard to the warranty, what about all the people whose original Alpha bars broke/cracked and were told to use a torque wrench (even if they did) and buy another one?

That gives me a LOT of confidence in a multi thousand dollar frame that (at least as far as we know) this one guy designed who also used to design and build lightsabers.

As a user of the original bars still......what did I miss?!?

Formerly TriBrad02
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG OMNI IS COMING!!!! [PubliusValerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder if this new bike comes with the $45 dollar low profile dust cap as well. If so this looks like a steal.

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
James Haycraft wrote:
...this one guy designed who also used to design and build lightsabers.

Wait. What?

After some digging, found this: http://www.saberz.com/

No integration for these to take out scum of the earth drafters while on course?

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply

Prev Next