Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Specialized $999 Carbon Hotwalk, the bike for the wealthy toddler
Quote | Reply
I know I tend to be one of those Harden the Eff Up types and tell people to not be so offended. But I just can't get over how trashy this idea is.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/specialized-launches-999-carbon-hotwalk-for-toddlers.html

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized $999 Carbon Hotwalk, the bike for the wealthy toddler [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didn't Litespeed\Lynskey make one of these a few years ago?

See your bike fit. https://bikefitr.appspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized $999 Carbon Hotwalk, the bike for the wealthy toddler [Stubob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stubob wrote:
Didn't Litespeed\Lynskey make one of these a few years ago?

I don't know about a push bike, but I recall a few decades ago Litespeed made a ti trike for Bob Roll's daughter...

"I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10, and I don't know why!"
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized $999 Carbon Hotwalk, the bike for the wealthy toddler [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's pretty silly, but why not. I think the same thing every time A car company or AMD or whoever rebrands a crappy Wal-Mart bike and tries to hawk it... at some point it'll become some weird piece of memorabilia.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
I know I tend to be one of those Harden the Eff Up types and tell people to not be so offended. But I just can't get over how trashy this idea is.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/specialized-launches-999-carbon-hotwalk-for-toddlers.html
That bike has two purposes:
1) be awesome when you have to carry it home one handed (with a crying toddler in the other arm). Been there, done that, they get pretty heavy after a while.

2) Getting the Big S a shitload of free advertising.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized $999 Carbon Hotwalk, the bike for the wealthy toddler [MattyK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is silly, but whatever. People pay $10000 extra for a "gold edition" of a luxury car just to have some tacky gold trim and no other extras.

I WOULD pay a solid amount for a carbon kid's bike with "click" gears. Our youngest is small for his age, and needs gears for hills in our area. But, hands too small and weak for cheap shit grip shifters. I found ONE British bike maker that sold a lighter alloy kid's bike with "trigger" shifters in his size.

I'd hock up some more money for carbon mtb or cross bike for the kiddos.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized $999 Carbon Hotwalk, the bike for the wealthy toddler [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure how to feel about that.

It was mildly entertaining.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gwen got one for Stanley.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It wouldn't be so bad if it hadn't already been done for 1/3 of the price...

https://www.dimondbikes.com/product/miner/

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized $999 Carbon Hotwalk, the bike for the wealthy toddler [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know why a $999 kids bike would be more offensive than $700 derailleur pulleys. I wouldn't buy this, but it doesn't seem outrageous

refthimos wrote:
But this

Haha wow, that is awesome!
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized $999 Carbon Hotwalk, the bike for the wealthy toddler [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pwraddr wrote:

Well Specialized sent it to them as part of their contract. Honestly I think that sends a horrible signal to your fan base, but whatever.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
Pwraddr wrote:

Well Specialized sent it to them as part of their contract. Honestly I think that sends a horrible signal to your fan base, but whatever.

Could not agree more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
Pwraddr wrote:

How so, what's the signal it sends to her fans? I am genuinely interested in knowing that perspective.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized $999 Carbon Hotwalk, the bike for the wealthy toddler [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dalava wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:
Pwraddr wrote:

How so, what's the signal it sends to her fans? I am genuinely interested in knowing that perspective.

"Hey, look at this thousand dollar toddler bike?" In the middle of a pandemic. If you don't see the problem, then I can't lead you to water.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To be clear, this is just a glide bike...no pedals. This is absurd because your kid is gonna age out of this in like six months. However, it might not be a bad idea if you plan on having 6+ kids because it probably will last the many beatings from kids. Also, it's less than five pounds AND has a handle for carrying, that's awesome! Especially when you have to lug it home because your kid is crying and refuses to ride it....happened sooooo many times, especially with our third kid.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized $999 Carbon Hotwalk, the bike for the wealthy toddler [brunes83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would buy it if it had thru axles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
// it doesn't look like it can be fitted to growing .. p.s.: maybe the developers are in an age growing stopped long before ..

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Last edited by: sausskross: Dec 5, 20 0:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
dalava wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:
Pwraddr wrote:

"Hey, look at this thousand dollar toddler bike?" In the middle of a pandemic. If you don't see the problem, then I can't lead you to water.

in fairness this company also just released two new road bikes that retail at what, 12 000 dollars each?

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized $999 Carbon Hotwalk, the bike for the wealthy toddler [Jörgen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And the seat is too high.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized $999 Carbon Hotwalk, the bike for the wealthy toddler [Jörgen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alpha one compatible is a must and Needs disc brakes for sure

-shoki
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don’t understand balance bikes at all. We bought our daughter a small bike from Guardian bikes and followed their instructions with excellent results. Remove the pedals and use the bike as a “balance bike”. When they’re ready put the pedals on. No balance bike needed. No training wheels either. She was able to ride it starting at age 3.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized $999 Carbon Hotwalk, the bike for the wealthy toddler [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pwraddr wrote:

She got the carbon one, or aluminium one?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized $999 Carbon Hotwalk, the bike for the wealthy toddler [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triguy86 wrote:
I don’t understand balance bikes at all. We bought our daughter a small bike from Guardian bikes and followed their instructions with excellent results. Remove the pedals and use the bike as a “balance bike”. When they’re ready put the pedals on. No balance bike needed. No training wheels either. She was able to ride it starting at age 3.

It sounds like you understand them perfectly.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized $999 Carbon Hotwalk, the bike for the wealthy toddler [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
triguy86 wrote:

It sounds like you understand them perfectly.

Oh hey! I know you can’t resist responding to me. What I don’t know why one buys a separate balance bike. Versus using a bike with pedals as a balance bike. Does that sit better with you?
Quote Reply

Prev Next