Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Some of the highest paid pros are wearing T1 Wetsuits and they are paying full price: Tom Brady is one of them.
Quote | Reply
If you are watching tonights game, Tom Brady is wearing a T1 First Wave under his jersey. It is cut just above the elbow. How do I know? Because we sold it to him and I keep seeing it under his jersey and the navy blue shirt he has on.

But the story gets better. After he bought one just a little over a week ago before the Bears game, 3 other players from the Patriots ordered them.

....and the story gets better, Matt Cassel from the Chiefs ordered one for his cold weather games.

If you are watching the game, pay close attention to his right arm. Every now and then the you can a he has on something black as his base layer, and you can see the First Wave logo as the navy blue shirt he has on creeps up a bit.

Emilio De Soto II
Maker of triathlon clothing, T1 Wetsuits, & Saddle Seat Pads and AXS since 1990
emilio@desotosport.com http://www.desotosport.com
Quote Reply
Re: Some of the highest paid pros are wearing T1 Wetsuits and they are paying full price: Tom Brady is one of them. [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I noticed that. I knew Brady wore a wetsuit, but, did not give it much thought.

However, last week, in Chicago, it looked like he was wearing one with an attached cap. Also, last week his arms were exposed and there was no writing on the arms. Was that one of your custom creations?

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Some of the highest paid pros are wearing T1 Wetsuits and they are paying full price: Tom Brady is one of them. [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is a pic:

http://news.bostonherald.com/...&position=recent

I love how they call it a "scuba wetsuit!" ;-)

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
....and the story gets better, Matt Cassel from the Chiefs ordered one for his cold weather games.

So I take it you are moving the company from SAN DIEGO to the Chiefs area now?

Atleast now I know who to be mad at when the Bolts miss the playoffs!

:)

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why is a wetsuit good for playing football in cold weather?

Very cool regardless...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Emilio - thanks for creating a new market! Now, Brady needs to pull off a win so DeSoto can get credit. - Turq (xterrawetsuits.com)
Quote Reply
Re: Some of the highest paid pros are wearing T1 Wetsuits and they are paying full price: Tom Brady is one of them. [Chris G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Very cool regardless...

It is very warm and the T1 is very flexible.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool- I'm sitting here doing my normal Sunday night, Monday night thing. Laptop on lap, on Slowtwitch (although I'm loaded with fasttwitch) and watching football. So I'm watching Brady, and I own a T1, so that's cool !.....hum, might start wearing mine when I fish during December and January.
Quote Reply
Re: Some of the highest paid pros are wearing T1 Wetsuits and they are paying full price: Tom Brady is one of them. [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He had it on last week too. His arms were not exposed. The photo below is from that game. But last week he had on this over it Polypro Hooded Pullover over the wetsuit. How do I know? Because I sent it to him too.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I meant the wetsuit arms were exposed and i did not see the T1 logo. Now it makes sense when you show that he wearing the hoodie over it. Cool!

So, should I wear my T1 First Wave in Lambau Field next Sunday afternoon when the Packers host the Giants? ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just too cool, Emilio!
Quote Reply
Re: Some of the highest paid pros are wearing T1 Wetsuits and they are paying full price: Tom Brady is one of them. [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love it, thanks for posting this article. And it comfirms my claim. The other three players to buy T1 First Pullovers were the kicker, the punter, and the long snapper. They bought them from Fastsplits in Newton Mass. Linda called me when they were in the store.

The story gets better....for Brady, this is his second T1. His first was given to him by a Patriots trainer who happened to have done triathlons. Brady loved it. The year Brady was injured he loaned it to Matt Cassel. Well Cassel went to KC, so he was without that wetsuit. They are still good friends.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Re: Some of the highest paid pros are wearing T1 Wetsuits and they are paying full price: Tom Brady is one of them. [Chris G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Very cool regardless...

It keeps you warm in cold weather if you are not breaking a sweat. Think about it. He is not running very much, so it keep him warm without getting sweaty and clammy underneath. I told their trainer that it would work well for any player that is not running much....which is why their kicker, punter and long snapper all bought them.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I meant the wetsuit arms were exposed and i did not see the T1 logo. Now it makes sense when you show that he wearing the hoodie over it. Cool!

So, should I wear my T1 First Wave in Lambau Field next Sunday afternoon when the Packers host the Giants? ;-)

You should! I have an employee who rides to work early mornings here in San Diego. After Brady bought his wetsuit, he rode his bike to work one morning in a Speedvest. It was about 18 miles, but he said it worked really well. Not sure I would do that unless it were really cold.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What about all the top triathletes who buy the suits?
Quote Reply
Re: Some of the highest paid pros are wearing T1 Wetsuits and they are paying full price: Tom Brady is one of them. [triathlonstu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now all the top triathletes know the suit works for more than just swimming faster!

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haha. I thought this post was a hoax/satire when I read it the first time.

Pretty awesome.
Quote Reply
Re: Some of the highest paid pros are wearing T1 Wetsuits and they are paying full price: Tom Brady is one of them. [Quel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It can't be anymore real!

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Re: Some of the highest paid pros are wearing T1 Wetsuits and they are paying full price: Tom Brady is one of them. [bad929] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

So I take it you are moving the company from SAN DIEGO to the Chiefs area now?

Atleast now I know who to be mad at when the Bolts miss the playoffs!

:)

We are not moving from San Diego, and the Chargers are still my team....but the Patriots have now become my second favorite team!

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom has learned his lesson - Always wear rubber

Coach at KonaCoach Multisport
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like Brady covered his arms for the second half of tonight's game. Looks like he put a long sleeve shirt on over his wetsuit. Poor little Tommy must have gotten cold while the back-up QB, Matt Flynn was leading the Pack down the field for a touchdown!

Quote Reply
Re: Some of the highest paid pros are wearing T1 Wetsuits and they are paying full price: Tom Brady is one of them. [Terra-Man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am dying with laughter. oh man my stomach hurts. Dude you need to write comedy! That is so good, I hope others get it. But then look at the mothers of his kids....in a word....rockin.

Emilio De Soto II
Last edited by: Emilio: Dec 19, 10 19:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Emilio, you are the MAN.
I may have to start wearing my T1 as a fashion statement as well as for solidarity (Brady went to my HS)

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Re: Some of the highest paid pros are wearing T1 Wetsuits and they are paying full price: Tom Brady is one of them. [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice one! I have no idea what high school that was. Can you share?

It looks like he decide to rock a long sleeve for the 4th quarter, so no more sightings of the First Wave tonight.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I teach kids XC skiing on really cold days and at times I am skiing and working hard, but other times I am standing around and talking/instructing technique etc....have thought in the past about cutting off an old wetsuit top to store body heat, but now I'm tempted to give it a go!
Quote Reply

Prev Next