quote does not work with firefox, advanced editor

seems to work fine for me...

yup...still working fine.

"Anyone can work hard when they want to; Champions do it when they don't."
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman: The forum needs some attention [Erik Clark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
quote does not work with firefox, advanced editor.
Put the cursor on the end of the grey line after the quote. works fine here (firefox).
I've been having to do this for a few weeks.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman: The forum needs some attention [docfuel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I'm trying to make it so that it automatically starts with the cursor on a new line...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman: The forum needs some attention [vtrader] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey I just drank some apple juice though

Ruble Triathlon Coaching Average of 30 coached PR's per year
Florida Triathlon Camps Train in North Americas winter training destination
Ruble Racing Events Midwest Triathlon Racing
Ruble Timing Midwest Event Timing
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman: The forum needs some attention [krgregg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

seems to work fine for me...
Yeah, people just don't know how to use the quote option properly. They start typing their response right below the grey line instead of leaving a line blank. You can tell if you start typing your response and the font is larger than normal - that means it won't show up. Of course, you can always preview your post as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman: The forum needs some attention [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you REALLY zap Paulo. Whoa! He might direct some hypersonic fluid stream your way and slice your carbon wheel in two.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman: The forum needs some attention [docfuel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did. But I have unbanned him, because I really do love his posts and would miss him. The thought of one day without him was more than my inbox could bear... :)

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Ruble Triathlon Coaching Average of 30 coached PR's per year
Florida Triathlon Camps Train in North Americas winter training destination
Ruble Racing Events Midwest Triathlon Racing
Ruble Timing Midwest Event Timing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know what your thoughts are on this, but I think it would better if the search feature was defaulted to search by post date rather than relevance. I haven't noticed that the relevance option really means too much. I find it much more useful to search by date and it's a little annoying to have to go into the search options every time and select it instead of being able to just type a word in at the main page. I know the searches used to work that way but at some point it changed.

Or as another option, let the user be able to set the search default the way they prefer in their profile.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If we're offering up forum suggestions- how about moving to vBulletin? Much nicer forum interface with lots of cool bells and whistles.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman: The forum needs some attention [jkatsoudas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Suggestions like "use new forum software" are not really practical nor helpful; porting the forum over would be an enormous task, and Gossamer also is nice in that it has great support for us. Sorry, that is one thing that ain't a gonna happen. What specific features of vBulletin do you want? Tell me what it is you want, and that is much more useful...

But yes, I will also see about getting the search to default by date, since I think that is more useful as well...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

not me, I can't type outside of the quote box

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

ok i think i have it now.

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

TRy moving the cursor down one line from where you think it should be.

Looks like you got it before I could type this.
Last edited by: jaylew: Jul 11, 07 14:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Suggestions like "use new forum software" are not really practical nor helpful; porting the forum over would be an enormous task, and Gossamer also is nice in that it has great support for us. Sorry, that is one thing that ain't a gonna happen. What specific features of vBulletin do you want? Tell me what it is you want, and that is much more useful...

But yes, I will also see about getting the search to default by date, since I think that is more useful as well...

Nothing super-critical, but there are some cool features. The nicest I've seen is a live chat room. Avatars, profile pics, photo album hosting, better search capability, more detailed user profile capability, "world map" capability (people enter their location on a map so you can see who's where), I'm sure there's more but those are the bells and whistles that stand out to me. Most of the forums (fora?) that I see that use vBulletin have a "supporting member" feature where you can opt to donate something like $5/month in support of the forum to help defray costs. In return you get a larger private message mailbox or photo storage capability, and stuff like that. I'd support something like that here.

Edit- I forgot about the ability to see who's online at any time, events calendar (no, I don't work for vBulletin I just really like their SW)
Last edited by: jkatsoudas: Jul 11, 07 15:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
>>more detailed user profile capability, "world map" capability (people enter their location on a map so you can see who's where), <<

HAHAHAHA. With all the anonomyous posters here this would go over like a lead ballon. ;-)

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm another Safari user. I've noticed that this forum has its fair share of intelligent, creative people. Mac use here is probably a higher percentage than in the general poulation. It's annoying sometimes when the pictures don't display, but I'm certainly not going to abandon Safari because of it.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman: The forum needs some attention [Steve B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm another Safari user. I've noticed that this forum has its fair share of intelligent, creative people. Mac use here is probably a higher percentage than in the general poulation. It's annoying sometimes when the pictures don't display, but I'm certainly not going to abandon Safari because of it.
That's true, which is why Apple should make sure that their browser doesn't have problems running simple Javascript. It's a relatively standardized language. You'd think they could make sure their browser supports things the way that other browsers do. You'd think if Macs were really trying to be friendly to small businesses and such, they'd make sure their browser just worked like everybody else, rather than needing bizarre tweaks. There are web standards out there - CSS, Javascript, etc. Apple should conform to them, not vice versa...

Quote Reply
Re: Slowman: The forum needs some attention [Lazy Ben] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
what aero helmet is that?

I swear the largest collective of genuinely funny smart-asses are on these forums.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Nothing super-critical, but there are some cool features. The nicest I've seen is a live chat room. Avatars, profile pics, photo album hosting, better search capability, more detailed user profile capability, "world map" capability (people enter their location on a map so you can see who's where), I'm sure there's more but those are the bells and whistles that stand out to me. Most of the forums (fora?) that I see that use vBulletin have a "supporting member" feature where you can opt to donate something like $5/month in support of the forum to help defray costs. In return you get a larger private message mailbox or photo storage capability, and stuff like that. I'd support something like that here.

Edit- I forgot about the ability to see who's online at any time, events calendar (no, I don't work for vBulletin I just really like their SW)

Of all those features, some are just fluff - i.e. they are neat at first, but don't really add a lot of value. Several of the other features you've noted are in the works... I'll keep it a secret as to what is fluff, and what I'm working on... But I think you'll be happy...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe you have that significantly turned around.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman: The forum needs some attention [Uncle Phil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How so? I reread it twice, and I think it's clear. Well, as clear as something that is intentionally unclear can be.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Your my Hero.

But Advanced editor does not work with my Firefox when replying with qoutes, to do this I go over to basic editor, move below the qoute, type something then switch back to advanced so I get the line and every thing works. Otherwise, I can not get a cursor beneath the line.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If any browser doesn't conform to standards, it's IE.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman: The forum needs some attention [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Your my Hero.

But Advanced editor does not work with my Firefox when replying with qoutes, to do this I go over to basic editor, move below the qoute, type something then switch back to advanced so I get the line and every thing works. Otherwise, I can not get a cursor beneath the line.

Ok, I made a temporary fix. Unfortunately, right now it adds a newline for each reply (i.e. there were two newlines when I hit "quote" since there was a quote which contained a quote. But at the very least, you easily have the newline now...

Quote Reply

Prev Next