Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Polar RCX5 Webinar
Quote | Reply
Hi St'ers
Based on the numerous questions we are getting at Polar, posted questions on ST and many PM's, Chris and I have decided that we should host a webinar for the RCX5 in July. We will select a date early next week and our first one is likely to be noon EST for those who could possibly attend on your lunch break and a second one at 3pm for the West Coast. We will record these in our attempt to make them available for those not able to attend. We welcome suggestions on other times that could work for you ST'ers. Topics we would like to address are below. Thanks

1. Getting Started with watch settings
  2. Setting up Sport Profiles and pairing sensors
  3. Multisport record mode
  4. PPT.com over view training load, reports
  5. Endurance Programs and Creating Favorite Workouts
  6. PolarUSA.com Getting Started and Tutorials
  7. Q&A session

Quote Reply
Re: Polar RCX5 Webinar [Wayne@PolarUSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

Very good idea!
Unfortunately, I'm going on a trip for Peru.
Leaving monday for three weeks.
When I'll come back, I'll have to chose between the RS800CX and the new RCX5...

Have a good Webinar!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will be there .

Quote | Reply
Count me in, too!

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Polar RCX5 Webinar [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
awesome!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any idea when the RCX5 will be available in the polarusa.com store? Seems odd to me that it's available at other retailers but not polarusa.com.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar RCX5 Webinar [bigred3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Polar is giving the first few moths of availability to the local specialty bike,run and tri shops. It is the same two year warranty whether purchased at your local shop or at Polar and some of you may already have discounts due to shop affiliations as a loyal customer or from team/individual sponsorship. Polar USA prefers to have the first shipment to hit our shores go out so we can support our retailers who support us!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This Thursday July 7th at 12pm EST will be the first webinar for current or potential RCX5 owners. Chris and I will have one the following week at 3pm EST for the West Coast athletes who could view while on a lunch break. Chris and I will attempt to record both sessions.

RCX5 - Product Training

12pm EST

http://polar.adobeconnect.com/rcx5training/
Conference Number(s):712-451-6075
Participant Code:1094440#

Access:Only registered users and accepted guests may enter the room
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
See you tomorrow, July 7th at noon EST
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just wanted to thank Chris and Wayne at Polar for doing the webinar. Also for great customer service and product support for the Polar products that I use as well as our athletes.

Rich
www.Toughmantri.com
www.Toughkidstri.com

http://www.TOUGHMANTri.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it posted anywhere for download?
Quote Reply
Re: Polar RCX5 Webinar [Jackb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We will be hosting another one next week for the west coast athletes. If you have any questions call me Polar USA after 8am :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
West Coast webinar

July 13, 2011

RCX5 - Product Training

3pm EST

http://polar.adobeconnect.com/rcx5training/
Conference Number(s):712-451-6075
Participant Code:1094440#
Last edited by: Wayne@PolarUSA: Jul 12, 11 6:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
See you all later today. We appreciate the questions during the webinar. We kept the last one to about 1hr
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I missed the webinar, would it be possible to donwload it somewhere?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
is there a replay for the webinar?
Quote Reply
Re: Polar RCX5 Webinar [hoyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
we realized that upon recording the webinar, we did not record audio, Hey these things happen. If we perform one more, we have done several for various markets/segments, I will announce it. Chris and I will move on to another topic in August. We are open to suggestions, post or PM them
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does it work with a MAC? Polar user for twenty years, but just left the PC world.

http://stlifeontherun.blogspot.com
Official Polar Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Polar RCX5 Webinar [chemteach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes , it will download to a MAC.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Two questions.
Are there any way to import other data into polarpersonaltrainer?
I had a Suunto T6 watch earlier and want to include the data from the sessions with that watch into polarpersonaltrainer also?

Will the accurate of the GPS be better if the batterylimit is higher?
The latest two weeks I see a decrease in the accurate when Iīm swiming with the GPS (have created a new sportprofile for this and the GPS is in the swim cap during the swim)?
I have also noticed that it takes longer time for the watch to pick up the GPS at start also.

Must say that I really love this watch :)

Best regards
Quote Reply
Re: Polar RCX5 Webinar [pdais97] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can not import other data to PPT.com You might need a neutral 3rd software to combine your Suunto files and Polar. I do not have any Suunto .HRM files to attempt to import into Polar's ProTrainer5 software. This might be a case for Training Peaks?

Polar G5 GPS
The G5 is still fairly new so we welcome feedback which we pass along, so thanks for your feedback with experience in the field. Unless the G5 is nearly dead, I would think it should perform with a high level of accuracy. You have 20hrs of battery life. Is it taking longer for the watch to snyc up with the G5, that check mark you get on the watch, or is it taking longer for the G5 to blink green? As you and other GPS device owners know, it is best not to have the device moving while trying to "get a signal".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Wayne

I am regretting buying the RCX5 version without the GPS. Is there anyway to get one. Also, my cradle for my s3+ got damaged when I got caught on some netting and I am worried about its stability running. Is there a way to purchase an extra one of these as well? I cannot find anything on the Polar site.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wayne@PolarUSA wrote:
You can not import other data to PPT.com You might need a neutral 3rd software to combine your Suunto files and Polar. I do not have any Suunto .HRM files to attempt to import into Polar's ProTrainer5 software. This might be a case for Training Peaks?
As I also have a CS600x I will try to convert it into ProTrainer5.

Polar G5 GPS
The G5 is still fairly new so we welcome feedback which we pass along, so thanks for your feedback with experience in the field. Unless the G5 is nearly dead, I would think it should perform with a high level of accuracy. You have 20hrs of battery life. Is it taking longer for the watch to snyc up with the G5, that check mark you get on the watch, or is it taking longer for the G5 to blink green? As you and other GPS device owners know, it is best not to have the device moving while trying to "get a signal".
It is the part to check mark it with the watch.
After reloaded the G5 it was better again. I havenīt done any new swim training after the reload so I canīt say if the accuracy is better again.
If you want .gpx files to send to your experts donīt hesitate to ask me for them.
As I swim almost the same route every time there should be "good" files to compare with the "bad" ones :)

Thanks again with your response, it is very appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar RCX5 Webinar [bmdugan95] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello bmdugan95
The G5 GPS should be available. I would contact your local running,cycle or tri shop who is currently selling Polar and see if they can add one to their next order. As for your S3+ cradle, hmmm, not sure if that is available. How about this, since I have a knee issue and will not be able to run, I will take the S3+ cradle off my show and send it to you?? Deal? PM me your address we will take of you, assuming you live in the USA :) Next time your doing some boot camp or Muddy Buddy involving nets, zip tie, or a small piece of duct tape just to secure for this style of training or racing.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar RCX5 Webinar [bmdugan95] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
did you check the RCX5 webinar post???
Quote Reply

Prev Next