Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [bujayman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's right, Felt basebar (aluminum), 3T aluminum s-bend extensions and a -24deg stem
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [dprocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dprocket wrote:
I have spent the past few weeks reading this entire thread and familiarizing myself with the Shiv. This is my dream bike and I'm hoping to be able to take advantage of the 2013 clearance sale going on right now (a few family emergencies, however have put my bike purchase plans in jeopardy).

This may be a very silly question, but what separates an S-Works from a regular Shiv? I've been drooling over the Expert package that is on sale. Just wondering what the difference is?

The SWORKS uses a different carbon in it frame. FACT11 vs FACT10. Its slightly lighter and stiffer. The SWORKS is considerably more expensive as I am sure you know but also comes with higher end components when purchased as a full bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [waveman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can order the part through your bike store, the part number is S130800003 BAR MY13 SHIV STEM CAP COVER.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my shiv pro 2014 arrived last night. i ordered the osbb and sad no fuel cell was included.

any way I can get the fuellcell online? i live in SG
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [paulbanday] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can purchase the Fuel Cell right here:

http://www.specialized.com/...uelcell-aero-storage
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought it was included with 2014 models?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Ports18] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just picked up 2014 Sworks Shiv last week, Fuel Cell WAS included
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Professor Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Or at any dealer in the US. A friend of mine went to Orlando for vacation, so I called this shop there, Orange cycles, and asked him to pick up a package from there.
Boom, check it out.

Note, if you have a medium frame, put an extra washer on the top screw to slightly tilt the cell forward. The fuel cell and the rubber thing will fit way better.
It will be harder to click in, but this is what you want really.

-----------------------------------
Swim with swimmers, bike with cyclists, run with runners. Train with those who are hard to keep up with. Soon you will be hard to keep up with.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Ports18] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the link! i got the osbb frame only and built it w/ 11s ultegra.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was able to get one at Bike Cycles in Wilmington when i was there for Beach 2 Battleship. Was a awesome shop, the owner was a great dude, even raced the full. They had several of them on the shelf after i bought mine, so i f you don't find one online, call them up, i'm sure they would ship it to you if they can.
Quote Reply
Packing the fuel cell - a solution with tyre levers [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have managed to pack a standard butyl tube, two tyre levers, 16 gram CO2 Canister & adaptor into the Fuelcell.

Important points for me were...

Selection of tyre lever to be as thin and flat as possible
Folding of half of the tyre to incorporate any valve length
Rolling of the other half of the tyre to fill triangular void

It's a PITA but it is able to be done

Version 2 Exploded

Version 2 Packed

Version 1 Packed

Coxy
Quote Reply
Re: Packing the fuel cell - a solution with tyre levers [coxy_in_nz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
coxy_in_nz wrote:
I have managed to pack a standard butyl tube, two tyre levers, 16 gram CO2 Canister & adaptor into the Fuelcell.

Important points for me were...

Selection of tyre lever to be as thin and flat as possible
Folding of half of the tyre to incorporate any valve length
Rolling of the other half of the tyre to fill triangular void

It's a PITA but it is able to be done

Version 2 Exploded

Version 2 Packed

Version 1 Packed

Coxy

Nice job, I've saved this pic and I'll be trying it soon. Thanks mate!!
Quote Reply
Re: Packing the fuel cell - a solution with tyre levers [Ports18] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thinking of getting a stages power meter on a shimano crankset. Anyone have any problems using an adapter to switch from BB30?

I need 180mm arms, so my choices are limited.
Quote Reply
Derailleur Questions [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was setting up my new to me Shiv last night and I noticed a few things.

1) The front derailleur cable exits the frame with out a cover to keep debris and fluid from entering the frame. My bike had a lot of road grim and white powder(assuming dried energy drink) built up in the tube.

Have any of you added a boot over the front derailleur cable where it exits the frame?

2) The bike has a very wide gear range and a very long chain to match it. The stock rear derailleur seems barley able to take slack out of the chain.

Have any of you moved to a long cage rear derailleur or tightened up the gear range to shorten the chain?
Last edited by: lurch: Nov 6, 13 7:06
Quote Reply
Re: Derailleur Questions [lurch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

2014 Shiv Pro OSBB
11s Ultegra
S-works cockpit
Sitero Pro
Zipp 404
Last edited by: paulbanday: Nov 6, 13 8:54
Quote Reply
Re: Derailleur Questions [paulbanday] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I lost my fuselage cover, the cover for when it's not in there. Anyone know where to get one?
Quote Reply
Re: Derailleur Questions [paulbanday] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweet looking rig!

Question for anyone who knows, can you run di2 on the Sworks Shiv TT? I've yet to see one in person or online.

The only easy day was yesterday.
Quote Reply
Re: Derailleur Questions [triCSU1869] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triCSU1869 wrote:
Sweet looking rig!

Question for anyone who knows, can you run di2 on the Sworks Shiv TT? I've yet to see one in person or online.
Yes, but not fully internal without modification. I have done it and posted pics before.
Quote Reply
Re: Derailleur Questions [tetonrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tetonrider,

Can you post a link to that thread with the pics? Or is it in this one?

The only easy day was yesterday.
Quote Reply
Re: Packing the fuel cell - a solution with tyre levers [coxy_in_nz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just thought I'd post my setup (nutrition and parts) that I ran for 3 IM's this year.

Parts: XLab Mini bag stuffed in carbon Xwing: 1 tube, 1 tire lever, 2 CO2, zipp valve extender and tool. Also 1 extra tube under saddle.
Nutrition: Using torpedo mount and Stealth Pocket, I'm able to carry all my solid nutrition I need for IM.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would have sworn that there was no way possible to get everything inside that thing...................but your "version 2" pack worked marvelously!!! Thanks buddy

CC
Quote Reply
Re: Packing the fuel cell - a solution with tyre levers [jnielsen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice setup and interesting idea with the Stealth Pocket on the Torpedo Mount

Candice Turner
CEO
XLAB - Aerodynamic Triathlon Accessories
Dawn to Dusk - Off-road Specific Storage Accessories
http://www.XLAB-USA.com http://www.dawntodusk.bike
Quote Reply
Re: Packing the fuel cell - a solution with tyre levers [Candice - XLAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! It got a couple looks in Kona as well :) it's perfect way to store nutrition. Can believe it's got any more drag than a water bottle....
Quote Reply
Re: Derailleur Questions [triCSU1869] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triCSU1869 wrote:
Tetonrider,

Can you post a link to that thread with the pics? Or is it in this one?
sorry....I'm traveling and don't have pics with me.

If you send a ok with your email I can shoot some photos when I return home.
Quote Reply
Re: Packing the fuel cell - a solution with tyre levers [jnielsen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jnielsen...

do you just refill the fuelselage on the fly to meet your hydration needs?
Quote Reply

Prev Next