Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [AlyraD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I started reading this thread when it was on top of the front page a few days ago. The more I read the more fascinating it became. I had never heard of LTP so with nothing better to do I started poking around trying to find out more.
I know a bit about manufacturing, with a previous career in high end apparel buying, sourcing and retailing, so this thread was all just really interesting.

So first I go to the LTP website and yep it is all fabulous photo shoots of $500 trisuits and $200 swimwear etc. Gorgeous product shots, but there is no history of the company, no info on the ownership, no "about us", nothing, hmmm ok that's odd. Then I look at their Insta and it is more of the same, just all fabulous photos and models and hashtags with a link back to the website.

So I compare this to the site of a company I am familiar with, Wattie Ink. Yes which contains a thorough bio and history of the owner, how and when the company was founded, their mission/passion statement, their athletes, an FAQ link, clear links to shipping information and policies, etc etc.

So now I am really curious. Who is LTP and what is their deal? A quick search of public records reveals that the two principals of LTP also run two other businesses in addition to LTP out of the same address in Van Nuys. One appears to be a small residential remodel/construction firm run by the VP of LTP. The other appears to be a building products company of some kind founded in 2017 and run by the president of LTP. Also there was a fourth business, looking to be a tech services business of some kind, that was closed. I guess when this president guy's LinkedIn profile says "entrepreneur", he means it!

Also the VP of LTP does appear to be a multisport enthusiast, Athlinks shows a recent half marathon finish, a DNF at Oceanside 2018 and finishes at Nautica Malibu and St. George 70.3.
SOOOO... is LTP really an apparel company? Or a multisport vanity project? Or is it just a brand building media exercise with the goal being "Insta-fame" and a massive worldwide IG brand following so the brand can be sold to a real apparel manufacturer?

Yes 2 years of wildly erratic shipping timelines probably means they wait until production space opens up in whatever facility they contract with for the tiny "custom" production runs. With priority given to kits for their IG brand ambassadors and models :-)

So interesting. Meantime, I'll just stick with sending my $$ to DeSoto :-)

"You're the fastest of the slow people" ~ my son
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
  I was going to order from them as i think there stuff is super cool! but after reading everyones post I'm going to pass. I hope they get there act together so i can give them a try.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [triabel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triabel wrote:
I was going to order from them as i think there stuff is super cool! but after reading everyones post I'm going to pass. I hope they get there act together so i can give them a try.

You want to buy my GUS suit? It's a size M.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [elastigirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It seems to me like LTP might just be the clothing equivalent of a rebranded cheap Chinese wheel.

They don't make it, they just take orders and fulfill them from plants in China. They don't have to maintain any inventory, just forward the orders. It's only a good business model when you have enough leverage (i.e. orders) with your manufacturer to get them filled quickly. If you're on the bottom of the totem pole you end up with dissatisfied customers.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [rjrankin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There were posts on the Women for Tri FB Page from a number of women who cancelled their sponsorship bc LTP treated them poorly (LTP didn’t deliver their kits) as well.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [Durhamskier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Durhamskier wrote:
It seems to me like LTP might just be the clothing equivalent of a rebranded cheap Chinese wheel.

They don't make it, they just take orders and fulfill them from plants in China. They don't have to maintain any inventory, just forward the orders. It's only a good business model when you have enough leverage (i.e. orders) with your manufacturer to get them filled quickly. If you're on the bottom of the totem pole you end up with dissatisfied customers.

How can they put "Made in the USA" on their stuff if they send the orders for fulfillment to China? How do you know they are doing this? Seems like complete fraud to me if that's really what they are doing.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [aspen6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sewing a Made in USA tag into a garment is pretty easy.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [Carlaibrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
“Sponsorship”

Eric Reid
AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Chapel Hill, NC
Aerodynamic Optimized Bike Fitting, Retul Pre-Purchase Bike Fitting, USAT Level 1 Triathlon Coaching, Nutrition
Ask me: Scody Optimized Speed Suits | CeramicSpeed Oversized Pulley Systems | HUUB Skinsuits and Wetsuits | Ventum Bicycles and Frames
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
Sewing a Made in USA tag into a garment is pretty easy.

Its not on a tag -- Almost every one of their trisuits has "Made in the USA" emblazoned on the front of the chest under their logo.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [aspen6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The stuff is definitely made in Van Nuys. But I'd have to think with the huge backlog they probably have their seamstress probably make zilch and they're straight profit taking off the top.

Rugby Media Dude-earfulofdirt.com

Hooker training for the Sport of Scrum-Halves [Triathlon]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Screen printing is easy too.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guys and Gals...their new website is up...the latest code is 'newsite40'.

SMDH!

Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
“Sponsorship”

Thank for this. I find it bothersome among the AG ranks.

Inside other industries these type amateur people who are “sponsored” or “ambassadors” are called “contract customers”. A much more fitting term.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
Guys and Gals...their new website is up...the latest code is 'newsite40'.

SMDH!

Yet their stickers are still sold out and have been for over a year. I would actually buy one to put in my pain cave.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [elastigirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
elastigirl wrote:
So is LTP really an apparel company? Or a multisport vanity project? Or is it just a brand building media exercise with the goal being "Insta-fame" and a massive worldwide IG brand following so the brand can be sold to a real apparel manufacturer?

This is a good observation.

"Nobody wants to be themselves anymore. Internet, social media, goddamn talent shows for a**holes… Everybody wants to be somebody else. Nobody is happy just to look at themselves in the mirror, see themselves"
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [Parkland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did anyone notice that LTP now provides no time line for production/delivery? Instead, at checkout, you have to read and agree to this, “I am aware Love The Pain, Inc. makes items to order and that timelines will vary depending on season and other factors.”.
So, maybe all the credit card chargebacks (including mine) are being felt by LTP. Maybe, but instead of addressing the problem, LTP is doubling down and basically saying, “you’ll get it when you get it.” Crap customer service. SMH.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [Carlaibrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah they couldn’t even get kits to their own “team” before the season was already over apparently. Glad to see Eric Lagerstrom’s partnership with Castelli today. Hopefully he separated himself from LTP
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [rjrankin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anybody willing to throw away $150 and see if they deliver quickly?

Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I moved on. I'm on the Wattie Ink Hit Squad and patiently waiting on my team kit shipment. Wish I'd just purchased the Stars and Skulls kit originally instead of that American Eagle kit in the bottom right.

Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [Jorgan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 And hold I wouldn’t no way call them Insta fame. Lol I would not even consider Jan Insta fame. A real accont that’s popular is 1million + followers. There 35k Account would not push anything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TulkasTri wrote:
Anybody willing to throw away $150 and see if they deliver quickly?

Why would they? I think they are saying the sale is only for 24 hours, not that you will get your product any faster.

https://www.miles4matt.run/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm personally holding out for another run of suits that say "Gus" on them. I heard the TAT on those is quick. At least for their Insta influencers.

Support the fight against apostrophe abuse!
Is it a contraction? Is it a possessive? If neither, you probably shouldn't use an apostrophe.
Learn more at The Grammar Book
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
f*&^, wish I did my research or found this thread...can we sticky this PSA?

I placed an order a week ago only to find out when I checked the order status that they say 4-6 weeks. I'll try to call/email them and if I don't hear back I will open a dispute and shop elsewhere. Had I known the lead times up front I wouldn't have bought anything.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [casper3043] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reality is even worse: 4 to 6 months.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [casper3043] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
casper3043 wrote:
f*&^, wish I did my research or found this thread...can we sticky this PSA?

I placed an order a week ago only to find out when I checked the order status that they say 4-6 weeks. I'll try to call/email them and if I don't hear back I will open a dispute and shop elsewhere. Had I known the lead times up front I wouldn't have bought anything.

I would love to see it stickied, doubt it will happen though. Screw these guys, what a disgrace

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply

Prev Next