Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official power2max support thread [Power2maxNA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power2maxNA wrote:
Thanks for your patience. All the codes are working, order away!

thanks! GOT IT :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Power2maxNA wrote:
Thanks for your patience. All the codes are working, order away!

Hello.

Are you sure the HUNDO code is working? I just tried and there was no discount on a power meter with no cranks (3d) I have 165's already.

Thanks,

Rob
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Halfcrazy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll look into it again but the code has been used a number of times today. Remember that the NG Prologue promotion cannot be used in conjunction with the Black Friday Sale. Make sure that you have that option selected as "None"
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [power2max] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,
I have a 2011 Cervelo P3 and want to upgrade my FSA stock crank with a power2max...what do you recommend? Currently 175 53/39 130 bcd
Thx,
RW
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [trichappy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The crank that you have now should have a 30mm diameter axle. If you wanted a direct replacement you would want to get the Type S FSA Gossamer BB386EVO power meter and cranks. Make sure you get the BB386EVO/BBRight adapter and Praxis rings (the OEM rings that come on that crank won't work on after market cranks). With all of those things you should be just fine.

With the Black Friday Sale we've got on now you can get the rings and assembly for free, so I'd recommend that as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Greetings! I sent this question via the P2M Contact form but I haven't heard back, so I thought I'd ping you here.

I'd like to buy a SRAM S900 Type S as part of your BF sale. I'd also like to buy a Specialized lockring tool, so I can work on the crank that the Type S will replace. I see that you have that tool priced at $60 on your Tools page, but if I add a Specialized Type S to my cart I can get the lockring tool for $30.

Is there any chance I can get this lockring tool for the lower price without ordering a corresponding Specialized crank, and if so how do I do so?

Thanks for your help.

--Gene
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [geetee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Keep in mind we're on the West Coast so 7:22 am is only 4:22am here...We're good at answering emails, but maybe not that good ;)

I'd be happy to help with the tool, I'll respond to your email and get it all sorted that way...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry: I was unclear. I sent my message via your contact form on Sunday night/Monday morning.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try emailing us again, I haven't seen the email.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, you're in North America right?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Correct. I assumed the issue was on my end, just not sure where.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just making sure...Send me an email at support@power2max.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Liv (Giant) Avail that has a Shimano R500 crank and trying to figure out what type of Power2max would work on it for the least cost? Thank you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty sure thisisant.com updated their power profile recently to allow higher frequency in updating of power (as an option). Almost certain I got an email saying that.

Given how recent this is I wouldn't expect you to have it in the device already, but are there any plans to utilise this new standard option? I think the NG firmware can be updated by Bluetooth?

I have a P2M classic that still works well, but only changes data every 1 second (often it transmits the same data 4 times each second).
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [xterratri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since your bike has a BB86 the most economical choice would be the Type S FSA Gossamer power meter and crank with a FSA MegaExo BB for BB86. With the Black Friday Sale going on right now you could either get free chain rings and assembly or an extra $100 off the order.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quick plug for the P2M guys. I've had mine 2 years now, absolutely flawless, used in all sorts of horrible wet weather, this thing just works, no magnets to deal with, not weird calibration routines, no cleats to wear out, and the batteries which can be bought online from Amazon dirt cheap (about $2 ?) last forever. I replace mine every 6 months just out of caution, but have never had one wear out.
Oh, and I emailed their support this past weekend (using the form on their website) with a question about changing my crankarms to a different length, they emailed me back, twice, on the weekend. A+

Guys like this, and guys like 'Carl' from Trek, other companies could learn a lot from them about customer support.
Last edited by: SBRcoffee: Nov 23, 16 3:24
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the shout out! We certainly try our best!
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcoffee wrote:
Quick plug for the P2M guys. I've had mine 2 years now, absolutely flawless, used in all sorts of horrible wet weather, this thing just works, no magnets to deal with, not weird calibration routines, no cleats to wear out, and the batteries which can be bought online from Amazon dirt cheap (about $2 ?) last forever. I replace mine every 6 months just out of caution, but have never had one wear out.
Oh, and I emailed their support this past weekend (using the form on their website) with a question about changing my crankarms to a different length, they emailed me back, twice, on the weekend. A+

Guys like this, and guys like 'Carl' from Trek, other companies could learn a lot from them about customer support.

+100

Yup. The thing just works. All the time. And well. Although I did have a battery die... but that was on me being lazy.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Eerke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is a great question...to which I don't yet have an answer. I can't comment until I hear back from our engineers in Germany but, rest assured, when I hear I'll post the answer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Power2max, Would the new NG powermeter be suitable for a Track/fix gear setup?

BoulderCyclingCoach.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [power2max] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
UNHAPPY

Can you explain why my P2M type S (me and many many others too - just google it) consistently reads 15-30 watts lower than the rest of the industry?

You will surely write back to tell me to do a calibration or to allow the PowerMeter to auto zero 10 mins into my ride bla bla bla but what you should do is put some sort of electronic biasing into your firmware so it reads and reports inline with what the rest of the industry power meters report. It will make your average power meter outstanding.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [titemple652] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does that mean you would rather see the numbers that you believe are correct then take the numbers from a company that for the first time in the history of powermeters, use dynamic calibration to accuratly measure power for all values. Did you see the report on bikeboard.at and got an idea of what we are doing. We at power2max really believe in our method and know that what we are doing is the most accurate way to do this. Of course you can doubt the values because you believe that all other companies are accurate but if you just look at the instruments we use and the technology that we use compared to some other companies that just glue something on a crank arm you will see that what we do makes more sense.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Mitchster1979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So everyone else is wrong, and you are right. Um ok.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [titemple652] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We can only do our homework and do what we believe is correct and this also means looking at older methods that are used by many companies and question them. Every company can do what they believe is the right way but in evolution the first person who changes things, is always the strange one! I am not saying the other ones are wrong, the just a different approach and a lot of customers are happy with what they. We believe that following our ideas and approaches gives the customer the most accuarte numbers now and in the future.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Mitchster1979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So you are admitting that your meters generally read 15-30 watts lower than SRM, Quarq, PowerTap.
Quote Reply

Prev Next