Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official power2max support thread [Power2maxNA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got a Power2Max type S and would like to get it installed but I don't have an appropriate range torque wrench for the crank. How sensitive is the unit to the torque on the left-side crank arm bolt (FSA Gossamer crank)? Can I get it tight and then see if I can borrow a torque wrench from my LBS to double check I am within range?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [JDinMA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The reason to torque your crank properly isn't as much for the power meter as it is to ensure your crank doesn't come off when you're riding and damage the axle...which wouldn't be covered by warranty. I'll leave that to your discretion but I'd recommend getting the torque wrench on there ASAP.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [legend2308] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You'll need the MW427 spacer and here are the instructions.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you have a BB386EVO then your choices are pretty limited. The only two power meters that we make that will be compatible with your BB standard that we make are the FSA Gossamer BB386EVO and the K Force Light BB386EVO. Given the chain rings you want to run I'd say you probably need to go with 110BCD and then have a look around for the 38-42t that you want to run as a 1x (there are definitely some options out there). Keep in mind the chain line won't be totally ideal across all of the cogs in the cassette but it'll still work.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can emphatically say that the life span of our power meters well exceeds 2.5 years. If you're concerned about your power meter's calibration please follow the instructions found in the last part of "Accuracy" in our FAQ's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool. I'm sure I can find that.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi P2M

Thanks for the reply.

Using only the MW427 spacer does not work when you push the crank arm all the way in the small chain ring hits the frame....

Should I be using additional spacers?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
legend2308 wrote:
Just started to install my power2max type S on my 2015 Cervelo P2. The P2 has a BBright bottom bracket.

I ordered a Power2max Type S FSA Gossamer BB386EVO-130BCD, 170mm crank.

The install kit I got from P2M had 2 dust caps, a washer, one WM427 spacer from FSA, and two WM258A from FSA.

I thought the right spacer to use would have been using the WM247 spacer and a dust cap on the drive side and a dust cap and washer on non drive side.

This did not work. The small chainring hit the frame when the crank was pushed all the way in.

My questions are what spacers should I be using? Should I use any on the non drive side?

I have a similar setup except 110 BCD. On the drive side going inward from the cranks is a MW258A adapter (large side in toward the frame) and BB dust cap. On the non-drive side, working outward, the dust cap and wave washer. The chainring isn't close to hitting the frame.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [mike_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Mike. So the WM427 spacer was not used at all?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
legend2308 wrote:
Thanks Mike. So the WM427 spacer was not used at all?

That's right; the fit is tight enough with the MW258A.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [mike_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I bought a P2M S model on a Rotor 3D+ crank last year, and after <12 months of use the spider came loose from the crank arm. P2M Europe are claiming this is not covered by the warranty as it is "my fault the spider locking ring was not torqued properly", even though this was done before it left the P2M assembly facility - I have never messed with it!

This is very disappointing, but sadly (in my experience) not unusual for EU direct sales companies in the cycling sector. I hoped P2M may have been more reputable, but clearly they don't value their customers and have no interest in after-sales obligations.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Power2maxNA wrote:
I can emphatically say that the life span of our power meters well exceeds 2.5 years. If you're concerned about your power meter's calibration please follow the instructions found in the last part of "Accuracy" in our FAQ's

Seriously, nearly $1000 and you are only saying the life span is 2.5yrs? So recently since three of use had ours "fail" irreparably after 4 years is saying that we got good life out of P2M. That is nothing to brag about.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hoping you can elaborate on a couple points --

1. When I select "bb386" for the bb standard on the p2m website the rotor 3D+ shows up as an option. Will this not work?

2. How will the chainline nit be ideal with a 1x setup? Are you saying in general for 1x setups or would this be specific to the p2m?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [TJM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey TJM, actually the quote you're referring to says, "well exceeds 2.5 years" so to be clear I expect your power meter to last quite a bit longer. Having said that, if you're having trouble with your power meter, please email us at support@power2max.com

I'm happy to help if I can.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [davews09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you have a BB386EVO BB the only models that will safely work are the Gossamer BB386EVO and the K Force Light BB386EVO. The 3D+ works on some frames but it really is a case by case basis. It all depends on how overbuilt the BB is; on Wilier frames for instance, you have to use the 386EVO cranks.

As for the 1x set up, let me elaborate. Some, not all, 1x cranks have the chain ring located in what would be the middle of the large and small chain ring. This is done to optimize the chain line when moving through the rear cassette. While you're able to run a P2M as a 1x you essentially have to choose to locate your chain ring in either the inner or outer position. For that reason, I'd hazard to say that it's not an ideal set up even though it'll still work just fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi P2m user,

I am a p2m classic user. Yesterday when i have ride, the p2m can connect to my garmin 500 but it keep show 0w and without any cadence all the way. Does anyone got this experience ? Is it dead ?

Thank you
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [hubert222] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Hubert, it sounds like the battery on you P2M needs to be replaced. Be sure to use the Renata brand CR2450 if you have a Classic, if it's the Type S any CR2450 will work.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [power2max] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New Power2max 2017 power meter

My TT bike
BMC TM01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, my battery is new one and use about 40 hours. I used The same brand CR2450 last few times too.
Last edited by: hubert222: Jul 27, 16 15:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Power2maxNA wrote:
If you have a BB386EVO BB the only models that will safely work are the Gossamer BB386EVO and the K Force Light BB386EVO. The 3D+ works on some frames but it really is a case by case basis. It all depends on how overbuilt the BB is; on Wilier frames for instance, you have to use the 386EVO cranks.

As for the 1x set up, let me elaborate. Some, not all, 1x cranks have the chain ring located in what would be the middle of the large and small chain ring. This is done to optimize the chain line when moving through the rear cassette. While you're able to run a P2M as a 1x you essentially have to choose to locate your chain ring in either the inner or outer position. For that reason, I'd hazard to say that it's not an ideal set up even though it'll still work just fine.

This doesn't make any sense, because you can buy rings that are specifically offset to facilitate a 1x setup (e.g. SRAM). What am I missing?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Power2maxNA wrote:
Hey Hubert, it sounds like the battery on you P2M needs to be replaced. Be sure to use the Renata brand CR2450 if you have a Classic, if it's the Type S any CR2450 will work.

I just go to buy a new cr2450 and it still the same. What can I do now?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [romulusmagnus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No you're right, I guess I should preface my statement. Forest for the trees right ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [romulusmagnus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
romulusmagnus wrote:
This doesn't make any sense, because you can buy rings that are specifically offset to facilitate a 1x setup (e.g. SRAM). What am I missing?

If it's worth anything (probably not) I run a 3D+ and a P2M Type S with a 40t RaceFace 1x narrow wide ring (outer position, no offest on the ring) and 11-32 cassette. It has worked flawlessly for a slew of cx races and lots of other riding. I would have zero issues recommending the P2M for a 1x application.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I just picked up this bike: https://www.specialized.com/...on/shiv-elite/106341

Would this crank/power meter of yours work? http://www.power2max.com/...r-meter-with-cranks/

While I'm at it I'm going to have a nice bottom bracket installed. Would I need this bottom bracket? Or this bottom bracket?

Thank you :)

P.S. love the FSA Gossamer Power2Max on my road bike :)
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [power2max] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nicholas, my wife is considering purchasing a 2014 Specialized Allez frame that has a BB30 bottom bracket. She currently has a Cannondale CAAD 8 with a BB5700 Shimano bottom bracket and a P2M Classic FSA. Would there be any compatibility issues of using this powermeter with a BB30? Are there adapters for this?
Quote Reply

Prev Next