Installation was pretty seamless short of finding a solid piece of wood to attach my vice. I was already running a Rotor 3D crank, so first I needed to remove the spider. From another thread here, a bit of heat on the lock ring helped loosen it up to remove it. After cleaning it, I reapplied some loctite to the threads before I tightening it down after installing the powermeter. I did notice I need to remove the bottom plastic housing from my Argon E116 so that I could screw the battery cover back on. Not that big of a deal and easier than removing the cranks to replace the battery.
Once it was installed, it synced seamlessly with my Garmin 510. I've done one test ride so far comparing values between the power2max and my kickr/Garmin Cadence sensor. Cadence is spot on, though it does take a bit to catch up when you accelerate. Power was higher initially (20w higher during warmup and first interval), so I stopped and did a spindown on the kickr. After the spindown, the difference was closer to what I was expecting between the power2max and the Kickr.