Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That picture is from Maryland and I'm actually about two or maybe three CM longer than that now as I pushed my seat back further.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
Ok guys large or XL?
Stack 645
Reach-580

Other info
5"11
155 cranks
Ism PN 3.0 saddle
7cm behind bb

You would be on the very high end range (specifically reach) of a large. You could only gain 4 mm of more reach on a large, but you already have a lot of reach and don't necessarily need more.

The numbers are pointing me towards an XL but that just seems like so much bike for someone at your size. I would be concerned about standover height with an XL. Any chance you can get your hands on a large or XL before making the decision?

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree as the standover height on my 58 sometimes seems like a bit much.I may if anything now that I've moved the seat back a little more may be able to pull the reach back a half centimeter. Did the link work for you and if so what were your thoughts overall I know it's not the greatest picture
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes the link worked for me. Fit doesn't look bad but hard to make any clear cut decisions without a complete side photo that is closer up and better resolution. Biggest thing I noticed is head position. Need to get that head position down.

Where you are measuring your reach from? You said you moved our saddle back which added more. Reason I ask is that the SC fit chart is based off BB to mid pad. Are you measuring reach from saddle nose to pads?

Also... why did you move your seat back?

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can see how the way I worded that is misleading.
I am measuring my reach the appropriate way from the bottom bracket to the center of the pads which is 580.
what I was trying to convey was that I moved my seat back several more centimeters and that intern stressed me out a little more.I had the notion that I was going to move the cockpit back the appropriate distance when I move the seat back however it actually made things more comfortable so for the time being at least I'm leaving it alone but my reach has been measured appropriately. As for moving my seat back over the past couple years my seat has been moving further forward and I feel like the wrong muscles are being engaged and it's screwing with my run to some degree. After a brief session with Josh Beck we made the decision to move my seat back at least for several months and see how it felt.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I'm guessing at 580 reach I'm not going to be able to make the changes to the cockpit to run different Aero bars because of what you lose and reach with that setup
😔
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you talking about running different extensions with the plug-in extension? If so, then yes a large will never reach your fit coordinates. You would need an XL.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes.... Blurg.....
What sucks is the trek dealership close to me doesn't stock any speed concept.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anybody know what size the seat clamp screw is? Trying to find one in stainless.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
See here:

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ept%20bolts#p6457252

stevej wrote:
Anybody know what size the seat clamp screw is? Trying to find one in stainless.

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [trailerhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

Quick question. I just bought a new 2017 Speed Concept 7.0. Will I have trouble putting a new cockpit on this bike? The headset looks all integrated and there is currently no traditional spacers or top cap with a bolt. Is there anything I have to keep in mind when I change out bars? I am thinking of going with Tririg Alpha X.

Thank you

Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [trailerhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trailerhouse wrote:
See here:

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ept%20bolts#p6457252

stevej wrote:

Thank you

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [SkippyKitten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did go and check it - it’s MegaExo - which in theory should be compatible as spindle diameter is the same (in theory). Have run into a q as to whether they can be slightly oversized due to _interesting_ manufacturing tolerances.

Thoughts, or should I just get the new bearings done as a matter of course?

Second q: looking at changing my tape over to shrink wrap like one would use on fishing rods. I’ve done this with rowing oar handles with carbon handles, but am a bit more leery of doing this on the bike.

Would judicious application of a heat gun be a problem with the carbon on the SC aero bars?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [altayloraus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That wrap is fine on carbon. We use a temperature controlled gun when applying it though.

https://mobile.twitter.com/...147632754688/photo/2

A mega exo chainset may not work. IIRC there are some of them that need a completely different BB, but a mechanic will be able to spot those. It’s been a while since I’ve seen anyone using them. I’d go with new bearings as you’re playing around there, but that’s me.

GXP will work of course , with new bearings.

Developing aero, fit and other fun stuff at Red is Faster
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [SkippyKitten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You, sir, I owe a drink or three.

Thanks for the endless patience!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [altayloraus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No need for that, although I do appreciate the offer. It’s a little bit of a shame that Carl Matson departed the scene; I am but one of many who have tried to fill the breach.

Developing aero, fit and other fun stuff at Red is Faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So odd question, when Trek list there reach on the speed concept are they measuring differently then the standard on here.i e instead of the middle of the pad are they measuring the reach numbers to the back of the pad?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Turbeau] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello, I curious to see everyone water bottle setup.

I have 2 holders in my frame but they create a lot of drag and reaching down to get them I come out of aero position, looking for rear holder behind the seat or something for the aero bar? I got a 2018 sc and then whole front end is integrated and I am unsure if anything fits there.

Strava:https://www.strava.com/athletes/20890878
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [SpeedOfCourse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm using the Bontrager BTA carbon bottle holder. It's the official version which means it's pricey but it works well and integrates perfectly. Of course it's personal preference but I prefer the BTA over a refillable bottle.

For the back I just use an old Profile Design holder that is zip tied under the seat, high and tight. It's about the complete opposite of the front since it's dirt cheap and kind of clugy (is that a word?). But it works well for me. I've done a few HIMs and an IM with this setup and it works well. No need for more than this since there are so many water stops on course. For training I put regular cheap aluminum holders on the triangle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the torpedo, aero frame bottle, and the bontrager rear hydration set up. Kinda far from away, but I’ll go 1btl behind for half’s

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Fa$t] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 7.0 has a standard clamp for mounting the stem and bars. Shouldn’t be an issue.

Why not convert to the Trek integrated front end?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [blueapplepaste] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was thinking there has to be a way to do this. I went in 3 trek stores near me and they all had no clue. I also called Trek customer service and they said it wasn't possible. Is there a way to get the full set-up online and install myself or do I have to go through a Trek dealer? I suppose I could go in with part numbers and then they could price it out for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Fa$t] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’d be way cheaper to source the parts yourself through the classifieds, eBay, etc.

You’d need a SC stem, riser, basebar, and extension. There’s also hardware (bolts, etc) that would prob be best ordered through dealer. But the big items should be somewhat easy to source on your own.

Then building it up isn’t that bad if you’re comfortable wrenching.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I run a Torpedo BTA on a bottle cage mounted to the Bontrager bracket. I have a Fizik Mistica saddle that has attachments for 2 bottles behind the saddle so I have cages mounted to that. Works well for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are those the new bontrager xxx wheels with an aero jacket cover? If so how is the clearance and your thoughts on the cover?
Been looking at adding a wheel cover.
Quote Reply

Prev Next