Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Done! Went with large but they can swap for medium if it doesnt fit.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Onion bhaji] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking at getting a 2.5.

My current fit is stack height 59cm, reach 52cm, saddle height 80cm above bb with a 5cm offset.

What is the smallest frame that will work?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Runorama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is the largest chainring I can acquire and will work for the 2018 speed concept? Anyone used a 58? This would be for a downhill race essentially. Or is there a site that will custom make?
Second question: what is this new pre-waxed chain use for races? Only for elite? Worth it? I've been out of racing for over a decade so am trying to re-educate myself.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [greatland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
greatland wrote:
New SC owner here, 2017 model. My question is: Where exactly do people buy SC-specific accessories? Looking for the BTA mount (or mount + bottle cage) and Draft Box 2. I can't find anything in stock anywhere online. None of the trek stores, not eBay, not ST classifieds. It's bizarre for what I thought was such a popular bike.

Well official stuff you pretty much have to get from Trek, so either your dealer or from their site, which sometimes will still require a dealer. (Draft Box is showing coming soon, so maybe waiting on a shipment, but that does not mean your dealer could not order one)
https://www.trekbikes.com/.../?text=speed+concept

For doing a BTA, I you do not necessarily need the bottle mount, but it can help depending on where you want the BTA. I used the XLAB Torpedo as my BTA, and it would mount with or without, but I believe I used the mount, so that I could have the BTA in a slightly more forward position. I believe your dealer should be able to order just the mount without the cage, if you are not going to use the cage, where ordering online I think you have to order both.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I checked my pad xy measurements and they are 64/47. What do you think?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Onion bhaji wrote:
I checked my pad xy measurements and they are 64/47. What do you think?

So...

pad x ~470
pad y ~640

correct?

If so, a medium with a medium far stem. or a large frame with a low near stem would work. Without seeing your current position, it's hard to say which would be a better fit but I would personally lean towards a medium.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm buying the standard model so I'm not sure if the length of stem is optional

https://www.trekbikes.com/...eed-concept/p/22054/

This is my current set up

https://www.instagram.com/...igshid=13qksjzkmlp32

Really appreciate the help. Can still change sizes in next couple of hours if needs be.

Edit: what I'm trying to achieve is move my saddle forward and get my hands closer to my face and aero bars tilted up.
In photo above my saddle is slammed all the way back.

In the past I've felt really good on an sworks shiv tt (medium)
But a 2013 giant trinity advanced sl 0 (medium) was too long for me
Last edited by: Onion bhaji: May 29, 18 15:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To make the bike ideal and fit you properly, you’ll need the correct stem. It may not come with the one you need but before you build the bike up, you’ll need to get the correct stem.

You have way more pad y than you need. I would get a medium.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
for those of you who use the zipp vuka arm pads, can i confirm this is the right thing to order here? https://sites.google.com/...ina-clip-armrest-kit

and the speed concept little bolts for the arm cradles will also fit the zipp ones?

my cradle broke on the edge so thought id try the zipps

cheers
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah those are the ones. I'm 95% sure I used the original bolts.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Yeah those are the ones. I'm 95% sure I used the original bolts.
awesome thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [brogala] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had very similar experience this weekend breaking the rear dropout sucking the rear derailleur into the wheel. And I can say at the time it broke I was coasting downhill feathering my brake as I was rolling up on guy in front of me. Can’t really pinpoint what had happened before that could have led to it, but it also is a 2011 Gen 1 7.0 so while it stinks it broke the current value of bike is lesss than $1k.

I did find this site for repairs and the fact that they have a speed concept specific page makes me wonder how frequently this happens. For reference they charge $650 for the repair but my bike only suffered dropout breakage and the derailleur playing the spokes like a harp did quite a number on the rim, but was fortunate in that’s i was able to keep it upright and nobody behind me in the group went down.

http://www.ruckuscomp.com/...dropout-replacement-
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [nyjetfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It usually works the other way around: The derailleur got sucked, breaking the dropout. You were coasting, which means chainsuck or a sticky freehub is a likely culprit.

I've seen it happen a few times, more commonly on MTBs where freehub failure happens more often. It very nearly happened on my Speed Concept, but the culprit is not the bike - it's the Zipp Super9 I'd put on the day before and didn't notice had a draggy freehub.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking for new arm pads for my 2nd Gen 7.5... what options are out there?

The material on the back of my current pad pulled off... currrently electrical taped on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:

Can't link it fit guide right now but on a medium frame, you can get down to 580mm pad y with a low far stem.

Thanks - and that still allows for tilt, correct? The tilt base doesn't come out to get that maximum drop or anything?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Correct. You can still get tilt at 580 mm pad y.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Dirt fighter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is the SRAM Crankset used in the 2017 SC a GXP model?

Thank you!
Last edited by: madmax231: Jun 9, 18 14:28
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [madmax231] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
madmax231 wrote:
Is the SRAM Crankset used in the 2017 SC a GXP model?

Thank you!
Yes
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Dirt fighter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you|
Quote Reply
Re: Draft box opening [IamSpartacus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Update: LBS took the front end apart and diagnosed the issue: head bearing needs to be replaced, was apparently in very bad shape. Part costs ~$20, and hopefully I'll have a quiet bike by Wednesday! I asked if the broken bolt I mentioned earlier could have exacerbated the problem, and the mechanic said there's really no way to tell. I guess these bearings are exposed, so they're more prone to issues.
Quote Reply
Re: Draft box opening [2WheelDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will my SC accept a SRAM Force 1 cassette with a 10-tooth cog?
Quote Reply
Re: Draft box opening [2WheelDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think they switched that bearing to sealed now. Ask ur LBS what they put in
Quote Reply
Re: Draft box opening [ret123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ret123 wrote:
Will my SC accept a SRAM Force 1 cassette with a 10-tooth cog?

I quess you mean either XG-1180 or XG-1175 cassette, range 10-42. Those will require a XD driver body, that usually isnt provided on road wheelsets. Many hub manufacturers have interchangeable driver bodies. They usually cost something between 50-100.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What pads are you using when your stock Bontrager armrest pads go bad? I like the Bontrager ones that are on there but if there are other options that are better then I am more than willing to change.

What armrest pads are you using?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Cptnemo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cee gees
Quote Reply

Prev Next