Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CakeWalk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good to know! But what about the spacer kit? Will it come with the carbon handlebar? So that a Shiv Comp/Expert owner could take advantage of the Control Tower functionality too?

CakeWalk wrote:
We are making both the Carbon and Alloy bars available in the aftermarket. Both bars will have very minimal decals so they will not mess up the mojo of anyone's non specialized bikes.

sanderv wrote:
I've read the new carbon handlebar will be made available seprately too. Any release date for it? And price? Also, will it ship with the same kit as pictured above?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Chris! One more question, what colors will the bike come in?

"slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [wareagledusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
all the models for next year are up on the web... http://www.specialized.com/...amp;menuItemId=17553
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cakewalk,

Any chance you know when the Shiv Pro OSBB Frameset will be available to purchase? Thanks.

-Ben

4 x Kona Qualifier
Last edited by: bwinterroth: Oct 11, 11 19:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm looking at the Shiv Pro Frameset but have a couple questions
1. can i use my Quarq SRAM S975 crank?
2. can i get the New Specialized S-Works Shiv aero stem and bars (and if so, what's the cost)?

thanks
GO BUFFS!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No worries, ask anything you need.

All the colorways are on the web page. http://www.specialized.com/...amp;menuItemId=17553

wareagledusty wrote:
Thanks Chris! One more question, what colors will the bike come in?

Chris R.
Specialized Bicycle Components
PR/Media Relations
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [bwinterroth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The first SMALL quantity of S-Works bikes ships to dealers later this month. Pro, Expert, and Comp will be hitting stores over then next few months.

bwinterroth wrote:
Cakewalk,

Any chance you know when the Shiv Pro OSBB Frameset will be available to purchase? Thanks.

-Ben

Chris R.
PR/Media Relations
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks. I saw that each of the models on the Shiv page was basically representing a different option but I didn't know if there were any others that weren't on the sample pictures. I of course like the matte black s-works bike the best....

I'd better start saving now.

"slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CUBuffFan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Buff,

Yes your Quarq crank sould work as long as it is an OSBB.

And Yes, the new aerobar will indeed be available in the aftermarket. We are currently trying to meet the needs of the production bikes but after we are caught up with the main production runs it will be available for sale. We are still finalizing the prices, but we how to be very competitive with both the aftermarket Alloy bar seen on the expert bike and on the S-Works carbon bar.

cheers

CUBuffFan wrote:
i'm looking at the Shiv Pro Frameset but have a couple questions
1. can i use my Quarq SRAM S975 crank?
2. can i get the New Specialized S-Works Shiv aero stem and bars (and if so, what's the cost)?

thanks
GO BUFFS!

Chris R.
PR/Media Relations
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Im the same way Dusty!!! I love the all black Shiv, Shiv TT, and Venge.

wareagledusty wrote:
I of course like the matte black s-works bike the best....

Chris R.
PR/Media Relations
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chris,
Please forgive my ignorance in this question, how was Crowie able to use a DuraAce crank on his Shiv?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Specialized Cranks, Sram OSBB, and Shimano cranks (w/ the supplied adaptor) will fit all of the frames.

CUBuffFan wrote:
Chris,
Please forgive my ignorance in this question, how was Crowie able to use a DuraAce crank on his Shiv?

Chris R.
PR/Media Relations
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CUBuffFan wrote:
Chris,

With one of these:

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is the Crowie bike size???

Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
will those work with SRAM or is there a like product?

thanks in advanced...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was just asked--

Quote:
Will a wheelbuilder cover on a powertap wheel fit in the new shiv?

my reply:

We haven't tested any wheel covers. Our priority was fitting, at a minimum, the new Zipp Firecrest designs.

Zipp's Website says that the outer diameter of their Fircrest 808 CC is 25.3mm wide and this is a photo of the amount of clearance with that wheel.

I don't have a wheelbuilder cover to test.

Hope this helps,

Chris R.
PR/Media Relations
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CakeWalk wrote:
I was just asked--

Quote:
Will a wheelbuilder cover on a powertap wheel fit in the new shiv?

my reply:

We haven't tested any wheel covers. Our priority was fitting, at a minimum, the new Zipp Firecrest designs.

Zipp's Website says that the outer diameter of their Fircrest 808 CC is 25.3mm wide and this is a photo of the amount of clearance with that wheel.

I don't have a wheelbuilder cover to test.

Hope this helps,

That's not the area where a covered wheel typically rubs in a Transition (unless you do some custom "craft" work). It's back where the stays "kink" in near the hub.

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And that kink is non-existent on the new Shiv. With the spacers/removed the brakes (and frame) have a ton of clearance for all of your aero wheel happiness.

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MITaerobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MITaerobike wrote:
And that kink is non-existent on the new Shiv. With the spacers/removed the brakes (and frame) have a ton of clearance for all of your aero wheel happiness.

Well...not necessarily mine, but maybe someone else's aero happiness ;-)

BTW, is the "kink" there on the Shiv TT? Just curious if it's just the new Shiv (shall we call it the Shiv Tri?) that doesn't have the kink...

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw a new s-works shiv today. one of the ones that was shipped to bike shops. let me say that for everyone that thinks the head tube/ front triangle looks really weird / strange, it looks WAY better in person. i wasn't so sure to begin with, but in person, its sexy without question. it was even the full red colored one - black would probably look even better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MITaerobike wrote:

Mark

So does that mean that a wheelcover will work for sure? If so, this makes my Shiv/SC decision really, really easy. Still waiting for LBS to get one in so I can try my own wheelcover on it but I'm dying to know if anybody has confirmed this in person.

jamie
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [JamieJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We haven't tested everything, but I believe you'd be OK. I'll check into this with our R&D shop here (not sure if I have wheel covers in the office or not).

Thanks,

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Mark,

I've just ordered a Shiv TT - are there any geo differences between the 2012 Shiv TT and the previous nosecone Shiv?

I've ordered a small on the advice of the dealer in Sydney. I'm 5'11". The dealer had a nosecone Shiv in the store in a medium and it looked quite big, hence the advice to go to a small. Also, I'll be doing some UCI-reg TTs so will need to get that saddle back behind the BB.

Also, do you have you run the Venge against the S5 yet? I'm currently torn between the two.

Thank very much.

Alex
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MITaerobike wrote:
We haven't tested everything, but I believe you'd be OK. I'll check into this with our R&D shop here (not sure if I have wheel covers in the office or not).

Thanks,

Mark

Please do and let me know. Thanks!

Jamie
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have doubts with the size of the Shiv:

My actual P4 S54: reach 41.9 stack 49.8

Shiv medium: R 40.5 S 54M
Shiv long: R 42.5 S: 56.5

what size is best for my???