Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Singletrack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
10 speed shimano and 10 speed sram cassettes are completely interchangeable.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Runless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Runless wrote:
10 speed shimano and 10 speed sram cassettes are completely interchangeable.

Excellent....the only other thing then would be a need to swap the brake pad holders so that I have a set (front/rear) with carbon friendly Tangente Platinum pads for the 404's and then switch back to the regular holders/pads for the DT wheels.

This is not going to be a two minutes switch, but until I spring for new wheels...it's certainly a solution. I have a feeling that once I've ridden the Shiv with the 404's, riding on the DT Axis 2.0 wheels is going to be something that won't happen often....I suspect the Shiv will hang in my garage wheeless on those days I'm riding the Venge.

2013 Shiv Expert/Dura Ace, 2013 S-Works Venge/Red, Zipp 404 FC's, 2008 S-Works Stumpjumper/XO, CB Cobalt, 2006 Scott Ransom10/XO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My "bike guy" from my LBS has come back to me on all this. Bottom line...he expressed his view this way: "Drive trains on bikes should wear equally – that’s why when you put your race wheels on, it should be with same cassette used on training wheels, because that is what the chain is used to.

In other words, he does not like the idea of mixing up wheels between two bikes and two drivetrains, unless I'm also swapping the cassette each time - not a tough job, just a bit of a pain.....so I'm back to shopping for new wheels.

2013 Shiv Expert/Dura Ace, 2013 S-Works Venge/Red, Zipp 404 FC's, 2008 S-Works Stumpjumper/XO, CB Cobalt, 2006 Scott Ransom10/XO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone have any ideas about announcements at the July 15th Specialized event?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [dannyh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No but I want the fuelcell.

-----------------------------------
Swim with swimmers, bike with cyclists, run with runners. Train with those who are hard to keep up with. Soon you will be hard to keep up with.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Tri297] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fuelcell is in production now. First ones will hit the USA this month.

Sorry it took us so long!

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Specialized Bicycle Components
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MITaerobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What are the chances that I can get one shipped to Norway before Norseman (3aug)?
:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's what i was told would be announced. Thank you for the confirmation! :)
Last edited by: dannyh: Jul 8, 13 5:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude, no offense but seems to me you are just looking for reasons to buy a new set of wheels and the LBS guy is happy to sell you one.
Replace the chain and Casette in regular intervals and you are fine. You don't need pad holders you need pads and it takes 2min to replace them but why would you, just ride the 404s. You sound like a triathlete but certainly not like any roadie I ride with.
I would take the advice of the ST crew anytime over the LBS.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any word on cost?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [bchambliss10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bchambliss10 wrote:
Any word on cost?

Will vary per country. I'm not sure of the final cost but I believe it will be around $100 US in the states.

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Specialized Bicycle Components
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MITaerobike wrote:
bchambliss10 wrote:
Any word on cost?

Will vary per country. I'm not sure of the final cost but I believe it will be around $100 US in the states.

Mark

Mark, you have a lot of folks excited with a few taps on the keys. Any idea/data of the aero advantage over an under the seat bag for long course triathletes?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Mvitale24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
... and comparison with and without fuel cell??? Do we gain or lose something if we add it?

Thanks!
Last edited by: quickguru: Jul 8, 13 11:00
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CAnderson_SBC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, I'm new to ST, but have been watching this thread for a while. I'm very interested in the Shiv Pro Ui2, is there any hope SOON of shifters for the cowhorns/brakes like the Di2 S Works models?
Thanks!

http://www.doktirbob.blogspot.com
New Orleans 70.3 2012
AtomicMan 70.3 2013
IM Arizona 2013
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [doktirbob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just took delivery on my shiv di2 built off the module. The bar shifters and the roval 60 wheels were the hold up.. My shop had orders in at all the jobbers, still took 3 weeks. The shifters finally came from shimano cailf. This bike is amazing...good luck
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [rhudson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your reply. I'm happy for you and jealous! So I'm assuming your's is full Di2 (Dura Ace) and not Ultegra (Ui2) with Di2 shifters...correct? My LBS said they thought I could get a Pro Ui2 and add on Di2 shifters for the cow horns/brakes...he's researching that still. Would prefer that method to save some $$ over a full build.

New Orleans 70.3 2012
AtomicMan 70.3 2013
IM Arizona 2013
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [doktirbob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes it is full dura ace, the cow horn shifters took the longest. yes ultegra is easier to get but I think it is 10 speed. I wanted the complete shiv di2 bike that use to be on specialize web site. Specialize could not get enough parts to offer the complete bike. My lbs took the complete spec sheet for that bike and built it off the S works module. Total time for the build was 5 weeks. I waited over 1 year for a P5 48 that never came in and told ceverlo to shove it.and ordered the shiv.I need to write ceverlo and thank them because this shiv is amazing after seeing the P5 in person....good luck
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [quickguru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$100 sounds reasonable. I believe he stated earlier in the thread that there was not an aerodynamic impact +/-

Think we could get a specialized part number for this? My LBS does not have a Specialized rep at the moment so i want to make my special order as simple as possible...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In the words of Will Smith (Independence Day)..."I GOT to get me one of these!"
I so wish Specialized would just offer the cow horn shifter as an option....they probably will after we've gone around the world to do it piecemeal...haha
In the meantime, I keep patting my 07 aluminum framed Transition on the saddle....have my first IM attempt November in Tempe, and would love to be on a Shiv by then...

New Orleans 70.3 2012
AtomicMan 70.3 2013
IM Arizona 2013
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [ztlemley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My Shiv Expert arrived today!!!! Yes, it's Christmas. At my LBS for assembly, fit tomorrow. Will break my heart not to use it for my race Sunday, but how much time would you give it to get used to the new feel? I'm a roadie going to my first Tri bike. Loved the feel, but my fitter says to take it easy as I'll be sore getting used to the new position. Thoughts?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the same issue, I don't understand why shimano didn't build more of them. It took 5 weeks to get all the parts and the final piece to arrive was the bar end shifters. That being said it was worth the wait, I will never go back to normal shifting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any pre-order?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [coxy_in_nz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
coxy_in_nz wrote:
I think the problem is that the bolt they use needs to be mild steel because the bladder is held in place by a magnet (stainless is less magnetic). Obviously we all need to keep an eye on this.
If you're not using the bladder, I assume it would be OK to go stainless? Any ideas what size and thread it is?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [tomaco1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. It will be a metric thread and all metric threads are standard and based on diameter. I am away from my bike at the moment but I am sure someone can tell you. If you are a yank you might have trouble sourcing metric sizes. Try a yacht chandlery they tend to stock both metric and imperial in NZ and, as a lot of equipment is the same I would guess it is the same in the US.

I definitely know that replacement bolts for the drop out are metric as I had to replace short ones on both my wife's bike and mine

Coxy
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [coxy_in_nz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guilty as charged, I am a Yank, but have a lot of experience with the metric stuff as both my trucks are rebuilt old LRs.
Thanks
coxy_in_nz wrote:
Yes. It will be a metric thread and all metric threads are standard and based on diameter. I am away from my bike at the moment but I am sure someone can tell you. If you are a yank you might have trouble sourcing metric sizes. Try a yacht chandlery they tend to stock both metric and imperial in NZ and, as a lot of equipment is the same I would guess it is the same in the US.

I definitely know that replacement bolts for the drop out are metric as I had to replace short ones on both my wife's bike and mine

Coxy
Quote Reply

Prev Next