Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [mallaire1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One spacer is OK. those 5-6mm of difference require A LOT of spacers! And they need to be on both sides of the frame for balance. One LBS told me about this (http://wheelsmfg.com/...-fact-bb-spacer.html). It would have been very obvious to the eye if they used that...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [windRider666] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am confused as to what Quarq I should buy for my 2012 Pro.

I would like to keep things simple with a new Quarq (meaning minimal/no changes to cranks/chainrings, etc). Is the Specialized spider only setup listed on Quarq's website (noted for fitting S-works crankset, which the Pro is not) compatible with the stock 2012 Pro setup - 52/36, 170mm, 110BCD). If not, what do you suggest?

Thank you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My LBS installed a SRAM Red Quarq on my Shiv Expert no problem. The Dura Ace front derailleur has no problem with it, even though they like to say you need to get basically the whole Red group to make it work.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [St Peter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm going through the process myself. The safest path is to go with a specialized crank and quarq-specialized spider. However, it seems that that SRAM red and SRAM red quarq are able to fit on the Shiv frame (with a spacer or two) so the SRAM quarq might be a suitable for the Shiv.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [St Peter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My cranks are non S Works but Specialized and came off my old Transition. They work fine with the Specialized Quarq spider.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have an S975 on my 2012 Shiv Comp using SRAM Force fd . Fits fine.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [fasth2o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is my new build (I know it isn't a proper drive-side bike photo - just a quick pic the other night when I had her all dressed up):

I am running a GXP S975 Quarq on here with a BB30-GXP Wheels Mfg adapter. So far, so good!

http://www.TeamRWB.org It's our turn!
Blazeman Warrior No. 387
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Tri14] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
beautiful bike. Something is not optimal if your seat is angled ilike that though.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [providince] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are a couple things at play with my choice to use that seat post:

1. The Dash TT.9 (and Tri7) have limited saddle rail length. I could have used the more standard seat post, but that would have put the clamp more near the end of the rails and therefore created more torque on the clamp and the saddle rails. I was more comfortable with the side clamp being near the middle of the rails to minimize my chance of riding my way into a nose-down situation.

2. I'm coming from a Felt which is much longer and lower than this bike. I have a race coming up in January and didn't want any radical changes to my position. To keep my lower body near my old position I needed to be pretty far forward in reference to the cranks.

That's my explanation. At the end of the day, I'm comfortable on it.

Blazeman Warrior No. 387
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think Providince was referring to the saddle tilt. Not its fore/aft position.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Philosoraptor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was referring to the tilt. If it works, that is all that matters. Just thinking it is not optimal as it definitely should increase strain on your forearms and shoulders.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [providince] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gotcha. I have been playing a bit with that. This saddle has quite a bit of tilt even with the rails level. Overall, I've been very pleased with everything made by Dash.

Blazeman Warrior No. 387
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri14 wrote:
Gotcha. I have been playing a bit with that. This saddle has quite a bit of tilt even with the rails level. Overall, I've been very pleased with everything made by Dash.

I'm not certain about the dash design, but for 99.9% of saddles, the angle of the rails does not matter. What matters is the angle of the seating surface. And that surface should be, in nearly every case, level, or within 1-2 deg. of level. If you look at the precisely fitted tri and TT bikes of the fastest triathlon and cycling TT pros, without exception, they use level (or nearly so) saddles. And for good reason. Saddles that are not level introduce a host of undesired fit problems.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks DSW. I will definitely take that into consideration.

Blazeman Warrior No. 387
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No worries.
Great bike, by the way. I don't how you guys are getting these nude or all-black shivs, but they look stunning.

Greg @ dsw

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are the 2013 Pro model. I have one hanging on the wall in my LBS waiting to be built up. Mine is actually a warranty replacement for my Comp so I am super pleased about it. Thanks for that, Specialized. You have earned a very happy customer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
no special fittings required.

D

Team Every Man Jack

http://www.teamemj.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MITaerobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://oi50.tinypic.com/ndn4vb.jpg

I'm in folks! Smooth ride and plenty of adjustability. Saw one in front of the King Kam in Kona and had to get one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And here it is:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweet. Are you going to keep it nude?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [mallaire1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, nude. I think the only changes I will make will be a different chainring (black, aero, maybe q-ring) and a different cassette.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what aerobars are those?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [julcicc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
julcicc wrote:
what aerobars are those?

Pro Missile, flat, s-bend. You can see them slightly better in this pic:

Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [julcicc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am trying to shorten my hydration tube, how are you guys doing it? I can't seem to remove the inserted plastic piece from the tubing.

Thanks for the help.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Tony5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tony5 wrote:
I am trying to shorten my hydration tube, how are you guys doing it? I can't seem to remove the inserted plastic piece from the tubing.

Thanks for the help.

Razor blade?
Quote Reply

Prev Next