Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, CF SLX, and CF (disc & rim brake) [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’s amazing! Thanks Ian! I have the fit booked on 19 Jan so will reply here once I have the fit data :)

He’s a very good fitter and compiles very detailed reports with lots of data. He has sorted me completely on my current road and have no niggles / pain / discomfort whatsoever. He knows I’m new to TT and he’s assured me he’s going to take all the necessary time to walk me thorough everything, find my ideal position, and compare different bike geometries and components. The fit will take around 3-4 hours but luckily he already knows me, my flexibility/mobility and my road cycling style.

Meanwhile, I just need Canyon to start releasing one stock anywhere! Impossible to find anything these days :)

Thanks again!
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, CF SLX, and CF (disc & rim brake) [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian,

I‘m looking at getting a new Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Disc (CF as the plan b option), and I would like to double-check the correct frame size. Canyon's calculator recommends size L, but size XL is not that far either, so better to also ask for your advice before making any order.

My body measurements:
- Height: 194 cm
- Inseam: 94.5 - 95 cm

My bike measurements (Felt B16, bike fit done in 2015):
- Pad X center: 485 mm (rear 445 mm)
- Pad Y: 700 mm
- Saddle height: 880m (ISM Adamo, nose tilted)
- Cranks: 175 mm

Thanks in advance and happy new year!
Joni
Last edited by: tri-joja: Jan 6, 22 13:24
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, CF SLX, and CF (disc & rim brake) [tri-joja] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello Ian & others,

Situation
I’m currently riding the CF SLX rim brake version, size M. I had a bike-fitting session on my current bike in October last year, then raced my first IronMan in Cozumel in November with a pretty good bike split of 4:43 with only 205W average. I’m mentioning it to simply highlight, that I’d not like to resign from this rather proven fit.

Change
I’m considering though a change (not sure if an upgrade 😅) to a CF SLX disc brake version, when available.

Details
Height: 183cm
Seat height: 77.7cm
Arm pad reach: 45.2cm
Arm pad stack: 63.7cm
Extensions end reach: 82.3cm

Question
Assuming I’d take size M, what stem and extensions would I need?

Many thanks,
Michal
Last edited by: Michal_CH: Jan 7, 22 8:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Saddle Height (BB - Center Saddle) 739
Pad XY Coordinate 452 x 675
Pad Reach 454
5' 9 " tall
I was looking to get Canyon CF when they get back in stock
What would you suggest
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, CF SLX, and CF (disc & rim brake) [wildcats1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I, too, would like to try to snag a Speedmax whenever they comeback in stock! Thinking size S but my measurements are:

Cup Stack: 666mm
Cup Reach: 435 mm (to back edge)
Saddle Stack: 746mm

Also 5'9" tall - thanks all!
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, CF SLX, and CF (disc & rim brake) [swissalps88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The front end of the Canyon CF has a sizeable spacer. Can this spacer be removed (safely) to lower the stack of the bars?

https://imgur.com/a/rKWdZ2c

Thank you
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, CF SLX, and CF (disc & rim brake) [robbie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian thanks for doing this to help us get the right canyon Speedmax. I am also one looking for the right size of bike for me. I am planning to get Speedmax CF SLX disc size Small but I don’t know if that will fit me well.
This are my coordinates-
Height 170
Inseam 30
Saddle height 721
Pad X 436
Pad y 639

Thank you so much, I hope you can help me also.
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, CF SLX, and CF (disc & rim brake) [Taichee14] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi and thanks for this thread,

I'm in the market for a rim brake Speedmax CF, model 2016 or after(2nd hand).
Currently riding with the followings :

saddle height : 82,5cm
pad Y : 690
pad x :535
Inseam 89cm
height 185cm

By the way, if another model is more suitable that's perfectly fine to me

Thanks Ian for your time
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, CF SLX, and CF (disc & rim brake) [tri-joja] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
Hi Ian, I‘m looking at getting a new Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Disc (CF as the plan b option), and I would like to double-check the correct frame size. C
Canyon's calculator recommends size L, but size XL is not that far either, so better to also ask for your advice before making any order.

My body measurements:
- Height: 194 cm
- Inseam: 94.5 - 95 cm

My bike measurements (Felt B16, bike fit done in 2015):
- Pad X center: 485 mm (rear 445 mm)
- Pad Y: 700 mm
- Saddle height: 880m (ISM Adamo, nose tilted)
- Cranks: 175 mm

Joni,
If you do the Speedmax SLX it's for sure the Large (the XL's shortest Pad X is 455). You're in a great spot for the Large: short stem, mid spacer, medium extensions - perfect!

If you do the Speedmax CF get the Medium (the Large's shortest Pad X is 447).

Ian

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, CF SLX, and CF (disc & rim brake) [Michal_CH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Hello Ian,

Situation
I’m currently riding the CF SLX rim brake version, size M. I had a bike-fitting session on my current bike in October last year, then raced my first IronMan in Cozumel in November with a pretty good bike split of 4:43 with only 205W average. I’m mentioning it to simply highlight, that I’d not like to resign from this rather proven fit.

Change
I’m considering though a change (not sure if an upgrade 😅) to a CF SLX disc brake version, when available.

Details
Height: 183cm
Seat height: 77.7cm
Arm pad reach: 45.2cm
Arm pad stack: 63.7cm
Extensions end reach: 82.3cm

Question
Assuming I’d take size M, what stem and extensions would I need?

Michal,
Congratulations on your Cosumel ride, well done!

If you go to a disc brake Speedmax SLX you're a Medium for sure and you are dead center in the range of this bike - the perfect place to be: Short stem, mid spacer, all perfect. I'm 90% sure the medium extension (that comes stock on the bike in the USA - along with the short stem) will work for your 823mm extension reach.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you Ian!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Excellent, thanks Ian! SLX large it is!👍
-Joni
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, CF SLX, and CF (disc & rim brake) [wildcats1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
Saddle Height (BB - Center Saddle) 739
Pad XY Coordinate 452 x 675
Pad Reach 454
5' 9 " tall
I was looking to get Canyon CF when they get back in stock
What would you suggest

wildcats1,
For a Speedmax CF you should get a small. The 70mm stem that comes stock will be perfect and you'll have room to move in all directions if you so desire.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, CF SLX, and CF (disc & rim brake) [swissalps88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I, too, would like to try to snag a Speedmax whenever they comeback in stock! Thinking size S but my measurements are:

Cup Stack: 666mm
Cup Reach: 435 mm (to back edge)
Saddle Stack: 746mm

swissalps88,
If it's a Speedmax CF then you could fit on a small or a medium but I like the small better for you based on just one aspect: the seat height on the medium will not give you access to the Canyon OEM behind-the-seat-post water bottle mount. If you go with medium you can still do bottles behind the seat (some other item that mounts on the saddle rails - of which there are many) as one of the bottle bosses will be burried in the fame.

If it's a Speedmax SLX or CFR get a medium with a short stem, mid spacer and medium aero exension.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, CF SLX, and CF (disc & rim brake) [robbie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
The front end of the Canyon CF has a sizeable spacer. Can this spacer be removed (safely) to lower the stack of the bars?

https://imgur.com/a/rKWdZ2c

Thank you

robbie,

Yes!

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, CF SLX, and CF (disc & rim brake) [Taichee14] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Hi Ian thanks for doing this to help us get the right canyon Speedmax. I am also one looking for the right size of bike for me. I am planning to get Speedmax CF SLX disc size Small but I don’t know if that will fit me well.
This are my coordinates-
Height 170
Inseam 30
Saddle height 721
Pad X 436
Pad y 639

Thank you so much, I hope you can help me also.

Taichee14,
Happy to help!
The Speedmax CF size small is the right bike for you no doubt! You're gonna be right in the center of the Pad Y/X range with the stock stem - it's perfect!

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello,

I've got Speedmax CFR (size M) and completed a bike bit. However, looks like I need an increased reach for aerobars to achieve a comfortable position on the long distance. Do you know if there is an aftermarket part that can help?

My height is 176. Position attached.

Thanks,
Max
Last edited by: MaxDinman: Jan 28, 22 2:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian, appreciate your assistance with this!

Seat height - 730mm
Pad Y - 625
Pad X - 403

H: 172

I have a great/ comfortable fit on my current bike & hoping it will be the same on the Canyon 😀
Last edited by: dureau6979: Jan 30, 22 13:07
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, CF SLX, and CF (disc & rim brake) [ThyTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Hi and thanks for this thread,
I'm in the market for a rim brake Speedmax CF, model 2016 or after(2nd hand).
Currently riding with the followings :
saddle height : 82,5cm
pad Y : 690
pad x :535
Inseam 89cm
height 185cm
By the way, if another model is more suitable that's perfectly fine to me
Thanks Ian for your time

ThyTri,
You are super leggy for someone your height. Your Pad Y makes sense to be but it leads me to suspect that your Pad X of 535 is measured to the center of the pad. I'm moving forward with my perscription based on that belief - if, in fact, it's measured to the rear just let me know here and I'll reconfigure.

For a rim brake Speedmax CF you'd need an XL. The stem that comes on that bike is/was a 90mm and it's the longest that Canyon made. Your 690 Pad Y is right in the middle of the range and you'll need all of that 90mm stem + pads forward 100% to get to 535 Pad X (center). The rim brake SLX will not come up high enough to meet your 690 so that bike's not an option for you.

By the way...if you go with a new, disc brake Speedmax CF you're perfect on a size Large, nealry dead center in the range.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, CF SLX, and CF (disc & rim brake) [MaxDinman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
Hello,

I've got Speedmax CFR (size M) and completed a bike bit. However, looks like I need an increased reach for aerobars to achieve a comfortable position on the long distance. Do you know if there is an aftermarket part that can help?

Max,
I'm pretty sure I can help with this - in some fashion. Your attachment didn't come through and I'd like to see it but I'd like something else too. Can you provide me with the seat height, Pad Y and Pad X of your bike as it's set up now and use this vid as a guide on how to do it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZa8UIIwrYE

Get back to me here and we'll figure it out.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, CF SLX, and CF (disc & rim brake) [dureau6979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
Hi Ian, appreciate your assistance with this!
Seat height - 730mm
Pad Y - 625
Pad X - 403
H: 172
I have a great/ comfortable fit on my current bike & hoping it will be the same on the Canyon

dureau6979,
If you're gonna get the Speedmax CF it's a size small, the stock stem (70mm) is perfect. You'll need about 20-25mm of spacer under the stem and the aerobars down on the base bar. Pads will be ~20mm (2 holes) forward of 100% back. It's a great fit.

If you're gonna get the Speedmax SLX or CFR it's a size small with the short stem, mid spacer, medium extension. Again, a really nice position on this bike too.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ianpeace wrote:
Howdy Y’all,

Ian Murray here - fit instructor at both the Slowtwitch F.I.S.T. bike fit school and at the Guru Academy.

I’ve created this thread in a Canyon endorsed capacity to help prescribe the proper Speedmax for you: not just the size of bike, but the front-end configuration as well. That means the length of stem, shape of base bar, amount of arm pad pedestal, etc. to make the Canyon you buy the best it can be.

I’m not the one to answer questions about availability, nor do all manner of customer service, handle warranty issues, nor be a suggestion box about colors and whatnot – but I can and will deliver on fit. I’m not the best guy to this by the way. David (cyclenutnz) is better. Dan (slowman) is better too, but both those guys are too damn busy, so the task has fallen to me – and, frankly, I’m stoked. At the 2017 Kona Expo, I did nearly 40 Canyon Speedmax Sizing fits in 2 days and it was a joy.

If you are looking to buy a Canyon Speedmax and you want to make sure you get the right size, touch base right here on this thread. Best practices are for you to post your Seat Height, Pad Y, Pad X (AKA Pad Stack, Pad Reach) and I will prescribe the proper Speedmax for you. If you don’t know your Pad Y & Pad X then let me assist you in identifying those coordinates.

Happy to help, Ian

Hi Ian,

Need you expert advise; I am a rim brake guy, so looking for a older model rim brake Canyon Speedmax, either the CF SL (in size XS) or CF SLX (in size S) - which will fit me better?

Long body, short legs :(
Height - 169cm
inseam about 76cm

Seat height - 700mm
Pad Y - 433mm
Pad X - 638mm

Not sure I got the pad-X, pad-Y numbers correct, I have uploaded a bike fit profile I did back in 2020.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
Mike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian,

Like many, I'm patiently awaiting a Canyon Speedmax CF (Disc) or CFR (Disc) to become available. I currently ride a large Trek Speed Concept. The fitter on the Canyon site (height/inseam says I'm a medium). I'd appreciate some fitting advice to ensure I get the correct frame. I've had bike fitting done but with the fitter have been tweaking the front end (raising), shorter cranks, saddle up and fwd to open up my hip angle to reduce back pain over an Ironman bike. I can't be sure that this will be my locked in position and minor changes may still occur (incremental rise in front perhaps). It's hard to test without replicating an Ironman bike leg.

Height: 184cm
Inseam: 81.28cm
Crank length: 165cm (although I see this is not a stock option with the new bikes)
Seat height: 75cm
Pad stack (back of pad): 68cm
Pad reach (back of pad): 40cm

I may need a little bit of room to move with the Pad stack.

What are your frame, stem and spacer recommendations?

Kind regards,

David
Last edited by: @racetowyn: Feb 4, 22 20:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ianpeace wrote:

Quote:

Hello,

Max,
I'm pretty sure I can help with this - in some fashion. Your attachment didn't come through and I'd like to see it but I'd like something else too. Can you provide me with the seat height, Pad Y and Pad X of your bike as it's set up now and use this vid as a guide on how to do it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZa8UIIwrYE

Get back to me here and we'll figure it out.

Ian

Thanks Ian, here is all details:

Seat = 750
Pad Y = 640
Pad X = 470

Thanks a lot for your help!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Ian. Any recommendations on the base bar? Rise or Flat? I like the look of the flat base bar but keen for your opinion.

Kind Regards, Adam
Quote Reply

Prev Next