Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Is there a Canyon owners thread? [jspatrick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jspatrick wrote:
I'm not mechanically inclined enough to fully remove the 35a extensions and measure them...and overall having a hard time judging this since the base of the extension is enclosed in the subsonic bracket. I can see a "cut" mark but not sure what the length between the base of the extensions and the cut mark is. Is a 3 inch / ~75mm cut normal for these?

Cutting the extensions drastically is pretty standard with the Subsonic, they're sized so that a tall rider with the pads forward still has options.
There is 40mm (~1.5in) adjustment capacity in the Subsonic bracket so you're not locked into one length. They do require more precise cutting than the Sonic bracket equipped bars. The reason for Canyon using the Subsonic is that too many people were shoving the extensions way back on the old J4 bracket and causing problems.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [Phil Hodson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the same on my CF, I choose to keep my seat rail based holder instead as I heard the Canyon bracket sit a bit too low for some riders, you should reach out to CanyonJay for details.

Phil Hodson wrote:
Hi all

I have two of the rare behind the seat post water bottle holders.

Does not come with the bothlecage but are the specific canyon add ons for your bikes.

Check out the classified link.

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/.../?page=unread#unread

Regards

Phil
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [JTNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have finally managed to tweak my Speedmax the way I wanted, with Aeria Ultimate Stem + Hydration system combo. I thought I'd share that with y'all, cheers!

Last edited by: KaitoYamaro: Apr 1, 19 12:00
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a Canyon owners thread? [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone. Much appreciated.

For reference, I did end up getting my LBS to take ~40cm off the bars, and now they fit perfectly. A size M was the right call for me at 5'9 with a 33" inseam (measured from crotch to floor wearing cycling shoes, using a text book between the legs to measure down from).
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [KaitoYamaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How was installation of the stem?

also - any pics of how flush it sits against the rubber bento box?
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a Canyon owners thread? [CanyonJay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CanyonJay wrote:
The switch plate is specific to the integrated aerobar (and cup affixment) on the SLX . Because the CF uses standard aerobars and stem (Profile Design as spec’d, but can fit any standard 31.8 aerobar), each of which have their own bolt sizes/locations, you’re beholden to that, and their pad adjust capabilities.

So in short, the switch plates only work for the integrated bar on the SLX.

Does canyon have a stem with a positive rise that will fit the CF? I need to come up even more than the risers allow and I really do not want to use a different stem not fit to look flush against the box.
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a Canyon owners thread? [GRASH78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone figured out a better solution than electrical tape to ensure the spare compartment door in the top frame tube doesn't pop out/ off while riding? Lost mine during a race last weekend. Now I have a big hole in the top of my frame.... Yes Canyon is replacing it, this time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that looks nifty as heck. mind sharing which length stem you used, and if there are any spacers under it? I can't tell from the photo. was it hard to setup?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [icecubes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! It does look exactly as I expected and I am pretty happy with the setup. I went with the 100 mm one. Bike is size M, I am 181 cm tall, and I would have gone with an even longer one if it were possible. I have replaced the armpads, too and went with Profile Design Ergo instead of the stock F35, and I will probably need to get longer T4 extensions, too.

There are no spacers underneath the stem, although originally my bike fitter suggested using a 10 mm one, the stem would not sit flush against the bento box. It is not ideal (I will post detailed pictures soon), however it is close enough and I am quite happy with the outcome.

Although I didn't install it on my own (shoutout to my bike mechanic Janisz from Olimpius.pl in Wrocław, Poland), the setup wasn't that complicated. Cable routing was trickiest to get right, especially considering my mechanical Ultegra setup, but eventually we figured it out.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [icecubes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's a couple more pictures of the setup:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvvqkYbg9fJ/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i recently installed the rear seat hydration on my bike but now my rear light won't work on the seat post. wondering what lights do other use and where is it mounted?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 2017 Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 with Mavic Comete wheels. And I'm a bit frustrated with these wheels as since the first year the spokes are showing some signals of rusting as I live near the ocean. I frequently wipe rugs with WD40 to try to prevent it from spreading more quickly but it's still going...

I contacted Canyon costumer service when I first noticed it, but they said that spoke damaged is not covered by warrant...

So this post is to warn people that it is worth to spend the extra few dollars to get the DT Swiss wheels version and also to ask if you happen to know some place that I can order a set of new spokes.
Quote Reply
Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 Considering buying one of these.
Are you able to drop the pursuit bar from where it sits? Depending on how tall it is, I'd like to lower the pursuit bar and pedistal the aero bars with a new bracket.

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi CF friends,

I recently purchased a size large 2019 Speedmax CF 8.0 SL. I’m trying to get the fit dialed in but having a problem with pad stack.

I currently have the front end in the stock configuration, 25mm spacer under stem and all risers between base bar and pads/extensions. The extensions are sitting at a 20 degree angle. In this configuration I’m measuring pas stack of ~683-685mm. The size large geometry is supposed to have an upper pad stack limit of 714mm. Can anybody think of why this would be the case? I have 2 calls into Canyon support and they are supposed to be getting back to me, but it’s been a couple days and nothing yet.

Does anybody know for 100% certain the geometry numbers on Canyon US website are for the 2019 bike with PD subsonic setup vs the 2018 T4+ setup?

Thanks in advance.

-Todd
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [twheat18] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [@BW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Brad. I’m quite familiar with that thread. It’s actually the reason why I ended up buying Canyon. I’ve also talked directly with Ian about this but as of yet have no definitive answer as to how these measurements could be coming up nearly 30mm short.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [Sharkbait22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got the rear water bottle bracket from Canyon. Does anyone know what the extra plate is for? The one with the two offset holes, one is recessed. If I can figure out how to attach a photo I’ll try.

Obviously the one bracket is so you can mount to water bottles side by side.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [Diechrome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Diechrome wrote:
Just got the rear water bottle bracket from Canyon. Does anyone know what the extra plate is for? The one with the two offset holes, one is recessed. If I can figure out how to attach a photo I’ll try.

Obviously the one bracket is so you can mount to water bottles side by side.

Thanks

That's so you can mount the bottle in a slight angle behind your seat. Supposed to make it a bit easier to reach for the bottle. I don't use it though.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone converted their mechanical to di2?

I just got my Speedmax and want to use the di2 from my old bike on it. Are any extral spare/small parts required to get the job done? I'm getting my lbs to do the work but to make sure there won't be any hiccups with missing parts

Thanks!

IG - @ryanppax
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [Ryanppax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m doing the same thing myself, the Di2 parts are on their way.

I was in touch with Canyon today and I need to get a bracket for the battery to attach it in the down tube as there isn’t room to put the battery in the seat post. Other than that, it should be fairly straight forward (fingers crossed).
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [manamana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anyone got a pic of this?

IG - @ryanppax
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KaitoYamaro wrote:
Here's a couple more pictures of the setup:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvvqkYbg9fJ/

Have you noticed any rubbing between the bento and stem? I swapped in the 100mm aeria ultimate and later the 70mm, both rub against the bento causing some resistance when trying to recenter after turning the handlebars to the left. Doesn't happen on the right. There is a noticeably larger gap between the stem and bento on the left side than the right.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [swimbikejon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey,

there is rubbing, however only in very extreme positions (not during a ride) - when I turn the baseball all the way to the right, it rubs slightly against the bento, which in turn prevents the basebar from returning to the straight position. I haven't noticed any difference between the gaps on the left and right.

I had that problem however with the original bento and stem (see picture below, sorry for the dirty bike), and Canyon sent me a free bento replacement (haven't had the chance to try it out, as I wanted to go with the lower bento and different stem anyway). Try re-installing the bento? It might be possible to move it ever so slightly backwards.

Last edited by: KaitoYamaro: May 22, 19 5:10
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Curious if anyone has encountered a front brake on a 2019 CF 7.0 not fitting into the grooves on the fork legs? The pads should be fitting into this space in the fork legs when open but I have found on mine the pads sit too far back into the fork and beyond where the grooves end. Basically the pads are always resting against the fork legs except when I apply the brake. Thinking of putting on an Omega X to "fix" this but seems more like a design problem to me.

Last edited by: dave_o: May 22, 19 6:47
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [Ryanppax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FYI, I received the BT-DN110-A battery today and it fits in the seatpost fine. I’ll put some tape or foam around it and it should sit up there nicely without the bracket.
Quote Reply

Prev Next