Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Cesc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks great!

What kind of mount and bento box do you use?

Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [cmd111183] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cmd111183 wrote:
I just picked up a new TM01 myself. Is the only way to charge the Di2 really to pull the battery out of that junction box behind the stem? It's a lot of undoing to get the battery out...

It looks like there is an access port
https://www.manualslib.com/....html?page=73#manual
"Note: The Di2 Junction Box is accessible through a
frame port on the drive side of the box ā€“ the provided
Note
Multi-Tool can be used for shift adjustment purposes,
as seen in ļ¬gure."

Wonder if it can be charged via that port as well?
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [noehry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
noehry wrote:
Looks great!

What kind of mount and bento box do you use?

Cheers

Hi,

it is 3D-printed and I invented it!
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [twain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
twain wrote:
cmd111183 wrote:
I just picked up a new TM01 myself. Is the only way to charge the Di2 really to pull the battery out of that junction box behind the stem? It's a lot of undoing to get the battery out...

It looks like there is an access port
https://www.manualslib.com/....html?page=73#manual
"Note: The Di2 Junction Box is accessible through a
frame port on the drive side of the box ā€“ the provided
Note
Multi-Tool can be used for shift adjustment purposes,
as seen in ļ¬gure."

Wonder if it can be charged via that port as well?

It appears to be too small to me. The multi tool is very thin and the battery sits in vertically, so I don't know how you would be able to angle a port cable even if it was a large enough opening.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cesc wrote:
Dear all,

here is my TM01 incl. a bento box and a mount for PC8.

Cheers

Flo

Who sells that container right below the water bottle?
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

nonody sells it. It is 3D-printed and developed by myself.

Cheers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Cesc,

Where did you hide your junction box for charging your di2!
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [stubs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stubs wrote:
Hi Cesc,

Where did you hide your junction box for charging your di2!

Hi, I put all inside the frame through the hole under the headset cover! For charging I take the battery out of the seat tube behind the rear wheel
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone else have the v-cockpit and struggle with it flexing when you are in the aero bars? I relocated my arm pads inwards a bit to reduce the outward torque, but the entire thing is flexing and just doesn't feel super stiff. I'm worried that over time this cockpit is going to stress and snap.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm looking forward to start the build up of a BMC TM01 Disc - will probably have some questions once the remaining components arrive.
Last edited by: BRGUST65: Dec 9, 18 18:34
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [BRGUST65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice.. I kinda jumped ship and ended up with a Parlee TTiR as the TT/Tri rig ... I very much like BMC bikes and ordered a TimeMachine Road to be in Bike #1 spot.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [shenglin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have pictures? I am looking to do the same thing but want to make sure they fit. Thinking of running 25s if possible.

2020 Team Zoot MTN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BRGUST65 wrote:
I'm looking forward to start the build up of a BMC TM01 Disc - will probably have some questions once the remaining components arrive.

Hey, Iā€™m thinking on ordering one but not sure about the size and fit. I have a size 51 cervelo P2 that fits great but not sure if BMC small or medium short would be good as the dimensions / geometry on the website measures stack and reach different than other bikes.

What size did u got? Do you have issues with seat post bento box not being aligned properly to the frame due to size of it?

Thx
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [ARA18] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Large and I'll let you know on the seat post/draft box alignment once I start the build. My initial look seems like it will be right on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The top of the box sits about an inch short of being flush, I have a large as a well and posted a picture of mine a few posts up. Hate the way it looks but oh well.
Last edited by: mike s: Dec 10, 18 17:37
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're right. Just slid it on and it is about 1 inch below ... a little bit odd looking
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quite a few people used/using the Torhans VR on the seat tube...for those using this as storage do you ever have issues with the top compartment coming out of the housing? On a particularly bumpy road on the weekend mine went flying and I spent 10 minutes dodging traffic to recover tubes and tools...

I was thinking of a rubber band from the top to bottom points, but if anyone has any better ideas I want to hear them.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Fresh79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fresh79 wrote:
Quite a few people used/using the Torhans VR on the seat tube...for those using this as storage do you ever have issues with the top compartment coming out of the housing? On a particularly bumpy road on the weekend mine went flying and I spent 10 minutes dodging traffic to recover tubes and tools...

I was thinking of a rubber band from the top to bottom points, but if anyone has any better ideas I want to hear them.

Just load it up enough that it is pushing the sides of the container into the mount and kind of 'clicked in' a bit. Otherwise, I think a strip of tape would be a safer solution that a rubber band. I have been using the Torhans/tool/spare combo for at least 4 years and haven't had it budge.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hey all,

i am 5'10" and have a TM02 medium short with a 110mm +6 stem. am i on the wrong size bike?

Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [johnj121591] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the same bike in Medium-Short, but 2017 model, and I'm the same height as you, 177cm.
However, I do UCI race so my fit is limited to the 80 cm max rule. I plan to go electronic so I can gain 3-4 cm of reach.

Last edited by: TiCass: Dec 11, 18 16:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Didn't you start an identical thread yesterday at https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...e_P6812594/#p6812594?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like your seat is too low. Can you bring your elbows back a bit and still be comfortable (your hands on the extensions/shifters) as well?
Last edited by: twain: Dec 11, 18 18:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i am 5'11" and ride a m/s, but i have long legs/short torso, built more like the post just below yours. i probably have an inch or two more seatpost showing and i use a long stem (120, flat) and don't feel cramped up at all. plus, i like a bit of weight on the front end to keep the front wheel stable on windy days. btw, do you guys always wear your helmets on the trainer?

Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [andrew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
while i'm here, anyone have any unused tm01 stem spacers lying around that they'd sell??

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BRGUST65 wrote:

How did it go? Fully assembled? Do you have any pics?

Also, can anyone let me know how hard are the new TM01 (integrated cockpit) are to pack / unpacked?

Iā€™ve been told itā€™s Quite hard and you need a bit of technical experience but thought the whole process with the integrated cockpit was for it to be easy?

Any idea on weight for the disc version as well?

Thx
Quote Reply

Prev Next