Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [fabricatedyou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Guys,

I bought a used TM01 -12 for this year. Awesome bike. I'm using a Specialized Power saddle so my hip position is rather far back on the saddle. Anyone know of a solution to move the saddle clamp further forward then what's originally possible??
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Kristoffer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Feel like the bike might be too big for you. I am sure you can probably make a plate to extend the saddle positioning but not sure how sturdy it would be.

2020 Team Zoot MTN
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [tsdogma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After a 90m ordeal adjusting the rear brake, I finally got MAH FAST WH33LZ on this bad girl. Can't wait to take her for a spin!!
Last edited by: johnj121591: May 11, 17 19:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For those with the new 2017 TM01, what case are you using to transport it? Since the cockpit slides right off the front, I'm guessing it is possible to use a smaller case than one designed to handle tri-bars even if they are laid over to the side.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [tsdogma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's just that I prefer to sit really far back on the saddle and not on the tip like some do.

Bike as it looks now:

Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [alexer03] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I need some help finding a rubber brake bolt cover. I've tried 3 shops in my area (Seattle) and nobody can find them. I've emailed a few other shops and haven't heard back yet. It's on an older style TM01.

The part I'm looking for is covers the front brake pad bolt:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think such a thing exists; mine didn't come with any thing like that.
That said plain old electrical tape might do the job, perhaps with a little bit of foam underneath.

I have a TMR02 road bike and lost the little rubber grommet thingy that covers the seat post screw. Put some foam in there and covered with electrical tape.
Remarkably, it's been "in place" for over a year despite being adjusted multiple times.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [twain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
twain wrote:
I don't think such a thing exists; mine didn't come with any thing like that.
That said plain old electrical tape might do the job, perhaps with a little bit of foam underneath.

You're the second person to tell me theirs didn't have any. I can tell you that they do exist, because mine has it on the other side (I lost the one for this side) and they say BMC on them. I did also lose the one for the seat post bolt.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They do exist as I have ordered spares from Evans in the UK. Try them, their special order team can usually sort out any BMC issues within 10 days.

Nick
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [oldhand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep they do exist but to be honest tape works just as well and you don't spend all your time worrying you've lost one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Call these guys and tell them what you're looking for. www.outspokin.net They have them.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [iron snorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron snorks wrote:
Yep they do exist but to be honest tape works just as well and you don't spend all your time worrying you've lost one.

Thanks, I think I will just do that.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [twain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Twain, I don't remember if it was the auto parts store or the local hardware store, but I was able to grab a couple near identical rubber grommets to replace the one I lost for my TM.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the tip!
Quote Reply
Re: Present mi tm02 [warlockuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where did you get your stem?

2020 Team Zoot MTN
Quote Reply
Re: Present mi tm02 [tsdogma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tsdogma wrote:
Where did you get your stem?

hi i buy Ebay
aero specialized

http://www.svcyclesport.com/...erostem-180761-1.htm
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone tried running the turbo cottons on a BMC TM02 2016 frame? I'm using ENVE 6.7 wheels.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [doedoel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi!
I have bought the very same wheels, can I please ask how you have adjusted the brakes?
I took the bike to a mechanich but he says that the weels are too wide (28") for this bike.
Thanks for your help, much appreciated!!
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Filbcn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm able to use my Enve 4.5s with Turbo Cotton (24c) with no issues. The 4.5 are wider then 6.7.. My pads are fairly worn down though... because race day the rear gets a Super9 and I need all the space I can get. (2015' TM01)
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi

friday I'm travelling and I need and advise about how to disassemble the flat cockpit on my TM01 2017.
I looked the bike manual but I didn't find too much help.

thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [paolo.s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
paolo.s wrote:
Hi

friday I'm travelling and I need and advise about how to disassemble the flat cockpit on my TM01 2017.

thanks

I'd love to have that problem... but mine is 2015 ...sadly.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [paolo.s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
paolo.s wrote:
Hi

thanks

I haven't broken down and gotten one yet...hoping they will do another independent aero shoot-out with the BMC. So I still have the old version.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just picked up a 2017 TM02 Ultegra. Love it.

Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [mjp202] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone riding 25c tires?

I have a 2016 TM01 on ENVE 6.7's and had gone with 23'sc. Want to make sure 25's fit nice and comfortably before I go buy. Thanks,

-------------------------------------------------------------
Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [TriSpencer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also ride a 2016 TM01. It actually came with 25c Vittoria Corsa tires on a 17mm internal width rim (25mm external width). I've also run 25mm Veloflex tubulars on the back with plenty of clearance.

25mm is not a problem on the TM01.
Quote Reply

Prev Next