Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i am about to travel with my p5 disc
for those of you that have traveled with it, how much did you take apart and which case did you use?
extensions off? basebar off?
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [alexne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alexne wrote:
I would be interested in a bb box as well to replace bottle on down tube. Currently have cut open the bottle bottom and stuffed road kit in it. Am a size 56....if your in Los Angeles before March I would let you measure it.

I got a access to a p5d 56 last weekend and was able to test fit the prototype rear box and bottom bracket box on the bike yesterday. Pretty close to being done, a couple of small tweaks to make, to get them both right.

Note that bottom bracket box lid does not look like it fits properly, that's because my 3d printer screwed up a bit in the process. The production version will be a perfect fit. Also, the front of the box will be more flush against the downtube and frame all around. Those are part of the tweaks I have to make.

the imperfections on the rear box are because of my 3d printer. The production version will look very clean.

Preorder your box for 56 frame at 10% savings. I expect to ship out the production version of the 56 box by end of October, maybe sooner.

https://custombikexcessories.com/...elo-p5-disc-rear-box

https://custombikexcessories.com/products-1?olsPage=products/2019-cervelo-p5-disc-bottom-bracket-box

Still need to get access to 51, 54 and 58 frames for measuring, so if you are in the San Francisco Bay Area, please email me so I can measure your bike. I will offer a larger discount to those who will let me measure their bike.

Yann

http://www.custombikexcessories.com
Instagram
Facebook
Last edited by: yannb: Oct 6, 19 17:25
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [yannb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fantastic....order placed. Should solve the issue of using bottle as toolkit. Looking forward to seeing installed.....

N+1
Strava
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [alexne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alexne wrote:
Fantastic....order placed. Should solve the issue of using bottle as toolkit. Looking forward to seeing installed.....

Thank you, just saw your order come through. Will keep you posted when the boxes ship.

Yann

Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yannb wrote:
alexne wrote:

Thank you, just saw your order come through. Will keep you posted when the boxes ship.

Yann

Great job!

Will the production units have the same simewhat glossy colour or will they be a little more matte coloured?
And the bb box looks a little small, but that might be judt perception. Woll 2 tubes, 2 co2 cartridges and a tire lever fit.

Thanks,

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [triracerboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have travelled with the P5 Disc....but I had the advantage of using the new Bikebox Allan Triathlon version. Mine is a size56, and initially had to figure out what the most effective and safest way was. But at the end I wrapped each tube in some tube cushion from Scicon, took off the pedals, wheels, rear derailleur, and removed the seatpost. Did not have to lower my front end, as all fitted just fine, although the extensions were at their limit to pick without moving them. Must admit I do not know how to remove them as the Di2 buttons are at the front with a cable inside.

But depending on your front setup, you might need to lower the front as well.

Otherwise another option is the Scicon Aerocomfort Triathlon Bag, one which I have been using for quite some time. But the Hardbox is pretty neat as I add so much extra into the box

N+1
Strava
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TRIPRO wrote:
yannb wrote:
alexne wrote:

Yann

Great job!

Will the production units have the same simewhat glossy colour or will they be a little more matte coloured?
And the bb box looks a little small, but that might be judt perception. Woll 2 tubes, 2 co2 cartridges and a tire lever fit.

Thanks,

Jeroen

Production box will be matte black like all my other boxes.
It looks small, but will hold a tube, tire levers, co2 cartridge and inflator, mini multi tool, 90 degree valve crack pipe. See video below of everything I put in it.

Yann

Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [TheJakes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have any photos of that setup? I am in the process of setting up a new PX and wanted to use the bar-end junction.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [sorelegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't take a good photo but you can see the new Profile Design product that is coming in a few months

Battery is in the other extension
Compatible with alloy extensions or a new PD carbon extension that is also to be released soon
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks ideal, thanks for sharing! What does ‘next few months’ mean in reality? Like before the end of the year or realistically early next?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Polo_1272] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think around March in the USA, later for the rest of us. I'm never all that clear on the timelines after design is finished and production samples made.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh Wow!! That looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yann,

My wife has a new size 48. I’m not in San Francisco but I’m a whiz at measurements?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [RunTexas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RunTexas wrote:
Yann,

My wife has a new size 48. I’m not in San Francisco but I’m a whiz at measurements?

private message sent or shoot me an email at yann at custombikexcessories dot com

Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really happy to present my new lady - her name is Lanzarote (the island where i live now) due to her water like colour - the black from the lava and the white from the sand.

Sram force axs
Standard mount for now - planning on the D2Z extensions on the near future - I'm i the only one who finds the padding quite slippery with sweat??
-Dt swiss 1800 spline (ARC 60mm on their way)
-Blip box hidden

really happy for now, bike fit in 2 weeks probably to tune it.
This week we have a non drafting olympic competition where we plan to put it race mode!
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [super_6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You bike looks great!!! Yes, I find the elbow pads slippery with sweat. However, I REALLY like the way the pads feel and the way they cradle my arms. I'll be interested in hearing what other solutions folks have come up with.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Curious, I got the P5D a few weeks back and it came with the 50 degree extensions and I am not a fan. How have people found the 30 degree bend? Also did anyone switch out the 30 degree and have it to sell?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [BGildenstern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the 30 and really like them. Took me a couple of rides, and EricM instructed me to roll my shoulders/arms in. I now absolutely love them.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mine came with 30 degrees, I changed to 50. And now i want to sell the 30, because i can´t use it

Cervelo P5d and R5 Owner

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Making good progress on the rear box and bb box for the 54 p5d. Just need to close the gap between front of box and rear of frame and do the same on the bb box. Hoping to have the boxes for the 54 finalized before the end of the week. Test fitting revised boxes on 56 also this week. I expect to start shipping production versions of 54 and 56 boxes 2nd week of November. I'm still looking for 51 and 58 frames to measure in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Use coupon code slowtwitch_october for $25 to order your box: https://custombikexcessories.com/...?olsPage=t%2Fcervelo

Instagram
Facebook
Last edited by: yannb: Oct 22, 19 7:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has anyone taken these into a tunnel session yet that you know of?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks great Yann! I'm about to buy a 54 P5d. It sounds like you already have that frame size covered though. Not sure where in the bay area you are, but I wanted to let you know that Cupertino Bike Shop has a 51 in stock. The owner, Vance, is a great guy. I don't think they have it built up but if you just need to to take some measurements off the frame they may be able to help you.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [el gato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
el gato wrote:
Looks great Yann! I'm about to buy a 54 P5d. It sounds like you already have that frame size covered though. Not sure where in the bay area you are, but I wanted to let you know that Cupertino Bike Shop has a 51 in stock. The owner, Vance, is a great guy. I don't think they have it built up but if you just need to to take some measurements off the frame they may be able to help you.

Thanks, I’ll give him a call. Unfortunately I’m a good hour away from Cupertino up in Marin. But will make the trek down to take measurements.

Yann

Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Polo_1272] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Polo_1272 wrote:
Has anyone taken these into a tunnel session yet that you know of?

No, they aren’t in production yet, so no one has them. But Eric Reid took a rear box on his 58 previous generation P5 in the wind tunnel earlier this year. I think he said that at certain yaw angles the rear box helped.

Mind you, I don’t make any claims that the boxes I design will save you watts. I’m not an aeronautical engineer. When I first rode with the bb box on my P5, I swear I noticed an improvement in speed at same power output on 2 back to back rides. I’d have to dig up the rides on strava to check for sure.

The boxes are really designed to replace ugly saddle bags and provide cleaner looking storage options for people.

Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply

Prev Next