Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lucy isn't showing up on start lists and is pretty quiet on SM [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfru wrote:
I don't know what to make of it really...

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy isn't showing up on start lists and is pretty quiet on SM [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
also: i think lucy's win at 70.3 was criminally underrated - a staggering performance. she wasn't going to lose that race, not to a fit daniela, annie, laura, holly . . . hell, bring back michellie jones or karen smyers or whoever, lucy was untouchable that day.

All due respect, the style of her win is OVERrated. Yes she did ride away in an impressive manner, but I am going to venture a theory that she wouldn’t have soloed like that without the motos.

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy isn't showing up on start lists and is pretty quiet on SM [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
dfru wrote:
I don't know what to make of it really...

BRILLIANT!!!!!

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy isn't showing up on start lists and is pretty quiet on SM [kajet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
" with all due respect" where did you get the impression? Were you there? did you see it on the video coverage? Did you hear about it? Did you read it in coffee grounds? Whats your basis here?

kajet wrote:
iron_mike wrote:

also: i think lucy's win at 70.3 was criminally underrated - a staggering performance. she wasn't going to lose that race, not to a fit daniela, annie, laura, holly . . . hell, bring back michellie jones or karen smyers or whoever, lucy was untouchable that day.

All due respect, the style of her win is OVERrated. Yes she did ride away in an impressive manner, but I am going to venture a theory that she wouldn’t have soloed like that without the motos.
Last edited by: Lacticturkey: Mar 16, 22 14:22
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy isn't showing up on start lists and is pretty quiet on SM [Lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
See, in Jersey, it's understood that once you say "With all due respect ..." you are pretty much allowed to say whatever you want afterwards, no matter how insulting it may be, because you're really just expressing your opinion

The only acceptable reply is "Point taken" which loosely translates to "Yeah? Well, fuck you!!!"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy isn't showing up on start lists and is pretty quiet on SM [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Not to be mean, but..." *insert mean comment*
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy isn't showing up on start lists and is pretty quiet on SM [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No offence but...
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy isn't showing up on start lists and is pretty quiet on SM [Lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess... for this to become a proper shitstorm I'd have to strike back now?

Not in the mood.

And I accept I didn't have a sufficient basis for my claim, as regards this particular race. So I take it back. Lucy demolished the field and 100% of the demolishing force was her own.

Quote Reply
Re: Lucy isn't showing up on start lists and is pretty quiet on SM [kajet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I remember rightly the cameras spent more time following the battle for second place, with all due respect. Could be wrong, etc etc
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy isn't showing up on start lists and is pretty quiet on SM [ianmo80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just to kick the argument along a little,if anyone wants to check, Lucy starts the bike at about 1:05:45 into the coverage on Facebook...
Facebook

Quote Reply
Re: Lucy isn't showing up on start lists and is pretty quiet on SM [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last I heard, Lorang was coaching/advising Lucy - possibly changed since my ear isn't to the ground.

IG: NCGregory8778
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Too funny, my GF is from Jersey, moved up to central Mass in 2000 or so...when I want to piss her off, I'll start with..."with all due respect..." Works like a charm.

"one eye doubles my eyesight, so things don't look half bad" John Hiatt
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy isn't showing up on start lists and is pretty quiet on SM [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThailandUltras wrote:
Just to kick the argument along a little,if anyone wants to check, Lucy starts the bike at about 1:05:45 into the coverage on Facebook...
Facebook

With all due respect, can’t you just say who’s right and/or wrong 😂
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy isn't showing up on start lists and is pretty quiet on SM [ianmo80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is this the time for me to launch the "not a native English speaker" defense? (True, incidentally).

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kajet wrote:
Is this the time for me to launch the "not a native English speaker" defense? (True, incidentally).

With all due respect, that's not a valid excuse.
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy isn't showing up on start lists and is pretty quiet on SM [Diabolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
without undue disrespect, 'with all due respect' implies little or no respect is actually due
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kajet wrote:
iron_mike wrote:

@iron_mike = your hyperbole "criminally underrated" deserved a response: excellent dominant performance: 'yes'. Who exactly do you think is doing the 'underrating'? And 'criminally'! ffs
And in the same vein, @kajet's assertion of moto drafting has no foundation from all the evidence available, any more than Knibb benefited (which in America would surely have been less unlikely). Who is "overrating" her performance? Do you think the number of PTO ranking points (124) was unreasonable? Do you think Haug's performance at Roth was better or worse (I call the latter the outstanding WPRO performance of the year btw - look at the margin to Lange (NB 24 minutes for a 113 mile race as opposed to Iden-Charles margin of 23 minutes for 70.3)). All in the past.

Anyway, back to the thread topic: what might Charles' preparation plan be for St George, will she race a middle distance beforehand and if so where, and what might be the reason she pulled out of her planned race (end Feb) but not entered another one in the future. (Note she was on Lanzarote entry list and/but Haug was on that too: she races tomorrow, against debutant Learmonth.)
Maybe she's keeping the calendar free for a short race to earn WT points, and as a sharpener?
Is this driven by Lorang being in charge (advising) of her training and race programme?
Last edited by: Ajax Bay: Mar 23, 22 6:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kajet wrote:

You’re doing just fine :D

What is the mother tongue?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m Starykowicz’s great granddad.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kajet wrote:
I’m Starykowicz’s great granddad.

Were they your meds he got contaminated with?
Last edited by: ianmo80: Mar 19, 22 1:36
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy isn't showing up on start lists and is pretty quiet on SM [Savage8778] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Savage8778 wrote:
Last I heard, Lorang was coaching/advising Lucy - possibly changed since my ear isn't to the ground.
Is this still the case? Is Frodeno on another entry list after pulling out of Oceanside? Maybe both are wanting to start their season later (on Lorang's advice) so they have the optimum run in to Kona and plan to let others enjoy the 'hot air' of St George? ;)
Last edited by: Ajax Bay: Mar 29, 22 5:41
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy isn't showing up on start lists and is pretty quiet on SM [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just posted on the Gram that she has a stress fracture in her hip. Bummer.
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy isn't showing up on start lists and is pretty quiet on SM [USCoregonian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup ... here's the post, picture has her with crutches like walking sticks:

"lucycharles93
Verified
Sport can be cruel sometimes.

Unfortunately an MRI scan on Friday confirmed I have a stress fracture in my left hip and I will need some time to heal

For now the 2022 season is on pause & my focus is on rest, recovery & healing

I would like to thank my team & sponsors at this time for their incredible support. Together we will get through this & I will come back stronger.

For now we will be bringing you along on my journey to recovery via YouTube. Our first video is out now, link in my bio. 🔗"

Bummer.
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy isn't showing up on start lists and is pretty quiet on SM [5430tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definite bummer.

YouTube video just posted. Sounds like Reese had some health issues too, which explains the quiet spring on YouTube. But Lucy, please don't take any health advice from the YouTube comments!

Quote Reply
Re: Lucy isn't showing up on start lists and is pretty quiet on SM [scenicRoute] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scenicRoute wrote:
Definite bummer.
But Lucy, please don't take any health advice from the YouTube comments!
YouTube video just posted.

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZl25TebWO4
More dairy and bone broth seem to be key comment diet recommendations which I suspect might fall into the 'thanks but no thanks' category.
Last edited by: Ajax Bay: Mar 31, 22 12:47
Quote Reply

Prev Next