Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let's see your ride! [duduardoman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is a slick ride. I love the color contrast.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [LAI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad I’m not the only one who things it’s a bit flexible. Love the thing for 1x though but for me it’s tough to get it to a perfect fit with how flexible it is.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is a beautiful bike, and a nice presentation! Do you mind if I ask what kind of skewers are you using?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool bike! Love the photos too. You did a great job with them.

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
What are some of the details.
Cockpit? What RD, and What was your reason to go with Flo

Original Profile Design aerobar with Zipp Vuka Alumina 70 extensions. Di2 battery is neatly tucked in the extensions. RD is Ultegra Di2 with Ridea Carbon C35 ceramic oversized pulley system.

I've been riding Flo for some time now and use them in all of my builds. I think they're super fast paired with the right tires at the right pressure. Can't think of a better quality/performance/price ratio wheelset in the market.

Believe it or not, this bike came under $6500 as it is on the pictures...
Last edited by: duduardoman: Dec 26, 18 1:41
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [mebwessel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mebwessel wrote:
That is a beautiful bike, and a nice presentation! Do you mind if I ask what kind of skewers are you using?

Viewspeed S4 aero skewers

Last edited by: duduardoman: Dec 26, 18 1:39
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [LAI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LAI wrote:
Running the same one on my rig for lack of a desire to shave the hanger off....yet. its worthless as a chain guide. Way too flexible.

Agree... it's actually pretty useless... but it does looks better (and it's supposed to be more aero) than just the hanger alone...
Last edited by: duduardoman: Dec 26, 18 1:43
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Canadian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Canadian wrote:

I actually sent the hi-res pictures to your CM in Facebook in case you guys wanted to use them (for free)... he/she replied, but never used them. My previous project was a Felt IA1 and I used Flo wheels for that too ->

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
duduardoman wrote:
LAI wrote:
Running the same one on my rig for lack of a desire to shave the hanger off....yet. its worthless as a chain guide. Way too flexible.

Agree... it's actually pretty useless... but it does looks better (and it's supposed to be more aero) than just the hanger alone...

There where a couple people that posted here that went to tunnel and tested this, conclusion was it was not saving any watts. I had previously taken mine off as well trying to shave every last gram.

Spectacular bike.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
duduardoman wrote:
Canadian wrote:

I actually sent the hi-res pictures to your CM in Facebook in case you guys wanted to use them (for free)... he/she replied, but never used them. My previous project was a Felt IA1 and I used Flo wheels for that too ->

Thanks! That bike look amazing too! I'll see if we can get them posted.

Take care,

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [DuGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Updated for 2019
New paint and Magura brakes and a little work in the front end
Last edited by: Clutch Cargo: Dec 27, 18 3:58
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Happy to be on Parlee’s in 2019

Parlee TTiR.

Ultegra Di2

Verve Infocrank

Parcours Chrono disc wheelset[/img]

Coach at Scientific Triathlon
http://www.scientifictriathlon.com
Last edited by: ljkerin: Jan 3, 19 12:31
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [ljkerin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As incredible as these bikes look, the lack of any type of integration on a tri bike in 2019 seems like a pretty big oversight.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
As incredible as these bikes look, the lack of any type of integration on a tri bike in 2019 seems like a pretty big oversight.

?? the parlee ??

only wires visible are the ones from the extensions..... he is missing the cover behind the stem. Everything else is pretty much out of sight. Integrated bars/stem, brake fairings..blah blah..

I guess maybe you are expecting draft box, frame contraptions for storage, water bladders and what not. There is a toptube mount for a bento box. TTir is basically a 2016 release afterall.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spntrxi wrote:
I guess maybe you are expecting draft box, frame contraptions for storage, water bladders and what not. There is a toptube mount for a bento box. TTir is basically a 2016 release afterall.
Yeah, this stuff. I get that it wasn't released in 2019 but most companies in 2016 had the foresight to at least add some kind of storage feature.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's my latest road bike.
This is a 2018 Specialized S-Works Venge Vias Disc in Chameleon Blue/Purple.
Groupset: SRAM Etap Wifli HRD
Wheels: Roval CLX64
Tires: S-Works Turbo Cotton

So far I'm really loving the bike.

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [cbr shadow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Getting Mavic Ksyerium Elite WTS rims on this next week.

They look pretty light and I seem to be busting a bunch of gear on my bike, including spokes lately. Potholes and the like suck in my city, so I think they will hold up, especially as I am a 185lb rider, which is heavier than most.

"The Mavic Ksyrium Elite WTS Wheelset takes the respected Ksyrium Elite S up a notch with a redesigned, wider rim. Mavic has increased the internal width from 15mm to 17mm for a larger tire surface area, to improve both comfort and rolling efficiency. The technology used to develop the Ksyrium Elite WTS allows Mavic to control the numerous physical interactions that exist between the wheel and the tire. The setup includes fast rolling, high performance, 25c Yksion Pro Griplink front and Powerlink rear tires, with 127 tpi casing. Mavic's ISM milling procedure lightens the rim by eliminating excess rim material, reducing inertia by 30%. Bladed, straight-pull steel spokes, with oversized alloy nipples, provide superior aerodynamics and strength (18 spoke radial-laced front, and 20 spoke rear with 2-cross non-drive and radial drive side lacing.) 700c clincher. Sold in pairs only. Pre-installed with a 10-speed spacer, removable for 11-speed.

Compatible with 9, 10 and 11 Speed
700x25c Mavic Pro Yksion Griplink (F) and Powerlink (R) tires included
Clincher Wheel-Skewers Included
Front Weight: 680 g. (without tire)
Rear Weight: 870 g. (without tire) "

I'm still riding on my Madone 5.0 frame from 2006. I did Augusta 70.3 and New Orleans 70.3 last year and doing FL 70.3 and Boulder 140.6 this year.

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Last edited by: plant_based: Jan 3, 19 18:11
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [devolikewhoa83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

New XC race machine:

Budget build using a mix of new, used and ebay finds.

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Orbilius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dig it, sweet ride.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If that’s truly the “budget build,” great job!

How do you like the rocket rons, and what size are those?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Budget build - about $1500 for a sub 20lb hardtail with power.

Regarding the Rocket Ron/Racing Ralph combo - I don’t have much context. They are 2.1in. So far they seem fast on hardpack and grip pretty well with lower pressure in the turns. That said, the limiter is my bike handling skill. They are light tires, so that helps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice work. What frame is that? And was the quarq used? A new one could set you back almost the full value of your build!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It’s an open mold tideace fm-m009 frame. They have been around for awhile and people seem to have had good experience with them. I was pretty impressed with the quality of the frame for the price.

I wanted a non boost frame in order to use wheels I have from my gravel bikes. Hard to find those these days.

Yes, the quarq and fork were used. I had the wheels and some of the other small parts. Most everything else were eBay finds.
Last edited by: Orbilius: Jan 10, 19 7:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very nice. And yeah that's the tradeoff. I'm gonna be looking for a boost frame for my next bike, because if i get one, i can swap wheels between my trail bike and the (to be determined) XC bike, both of which will take 27.5+ and 29er wheels, so it'll be like 4 bikes in one, just with the complication of having to match up groups. But with non-boost, i'll have more parts to choose from off of the old xc bike, etc.

anyway you have inspired me. I'm gonna start looking on ebay to see if i can build a "super budget" fat bike :D
Quote Reply

Prev Next