Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let's see your ride! [johanandbex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
johanandbex wrote:
How or where did you get the matt black finish done? I have a black stealth and I want it to look like this!

My frame was pink in color and I have somebody strip it and leave it in the "nude". It has I guess a thin layer of something. I have gotten the same question may times but the person who was my contact for the "painter" never replied to my emails asking for the name or info to contact the painter directly. The Planet X name on it is actually panted and not a decal. are are some pics of how it looked and closer shots where you can see better detail of the color of the frame.

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [DuGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's my ride in HIM race trim for tomorrow. Yes, I know my aerobars extensions are freakishly long. But so are my forearms, and since I had wrist surgery, I haven't been able to ride S bends, which fit better.

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [rrblb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what type is that rear bottle cage
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [vanessap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vanessap wrote:
my new swift road bike

TT is coming soon... :-)

Little off topic but where did you find that bike stand? And where can I get one?
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [simpy16] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
its a PRO bike stand same brands as the component manufacturer.

There are some like this with other brands but this one is a PRO

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just maybe the most comfortable balloon-tire "road bike" around? A monster crosser? A road bike for really bad roads? Who knows? Anyway, some build notes: the 29er frame (from performance bike) cost less than $90. The 80mm travel manitou fork was a closeout and also pretty cheap (but it cost more than the frame). The 700C wheels, based on shimano XT disc hubs, were hand built. Most everything else came from ebay. The drivetrain is basically a shimano 105 road triple group that I set up to work with a compact double crankset. Via a custom modification (the addition of a small alloy arm fabricated from thick sheet aluminum), the road front derailleur now works as if it was designed as a top pull instead of a bottom pull.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Last edited by: DarkSpeedWorks: Aug 4, 12 16:01
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Dark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that is an awesome sled. well done.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [r.cal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my new titanium 29er

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like! A lot!
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [knewbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My P1[/img]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2011 Cervelo P2. Thanks to the great folks at Athlete's Lounge!

"Communities like Portland pride themselves on subverting the structure so people with special needs are taken care of first. That’s why people like living here. It’s a highly curated city." - Carrie Brownstein
Last edited by: stevepdx: Mar 28, 11 9:56
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [stevepdx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have we learned NOTHING here?

Little ring? Crosschained? Really?

;-)

On the + side, you have a level saddle!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sweet.....

love it, nice work!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My 'Monster' Cx bike, a little more oriented to CX than mountain:

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Dbeitel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My QRoo. Can't make fun of picture quality or the aesthetics of the room. I'm a poor college kid in a dorm trying to get by.... That bike deprived me a week of food! So worth it.

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [WyoWill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Can't make fun of .... I'm a poor college kid in a dorm trying to get by.... "

Tha never stopped us before. Why start now? ;-)

Is that a sheet of clear plastic for room protection during drunken coedfests? You might want to hide that before your parents visit. And we aren't fooled by the textbooks on the chair waiting for you to read them. Some of us have been to college. We know the only proper use for a textbook is to hold up one side of a wobbly table or chair. And I'm not sure using a pull bouy on the bike represents proper training technique, no matter how much you sweat.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [richnmib] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is that dog pissing behind your bike?! haha [/img][/quote]
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [WyoWill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WyoWill wrote:

you get huge style points for matching all the colors on your bike really well. perfect sram decals.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fresh out of Philly!!....

"Hold on, you run a marathon AFTER you ride your bike?!?....oh, you people are just insane"......(my Mom)

Rockin' the W in 2013!! Wattie Ink Elite Team
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
littlefoot wrote:
Is that dog pissing behind your bike?! haha [/img]
[/quote]

When you gotta go you gotta go
Last edited by: richnmib: Mar 29, 11 2:45
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [USranger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great looking bikes....but seriously...you're wearing socks with your flip flops??!? that's a sin.

USranger wrote:
2011 SHIV

< Quitting Isn't An Option >

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No plastic sheet, just shitty camera on phone that probably had a scratched lens. Textbooks aren't in the picture, but that is physics homework between my basebar and the brick wall! If you have never used a pull bouey on a century ride, then you are not riding as hard as I am.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [CJS25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CJS25 wrote:
Great looking bikes....but seriously...you're wearing socks with your flip flops??!? that's a sin.

USranger wrote:
2011 SHIV

Now finding THAT was impressive!!!!

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [USranger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice Shiv.

My new ride...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Just maybe the most comfortable balloon-tire "road bike" around? A monster crosser? A road bike for really bad roads? Who knows? Anyway, some build notes: the 29er frame (from performance bike) cost less than $90. The 80mm travel manitou fork was a closeout and also pretty cheap (but it cost more than the frame). The wheels, based on shimano XT disc hubs, were hand built. Most everything else came from ebay. The drivetrain is basically a shimano 105 road triple group that I set up to work with a compact double crankset (but using a triple octalink BB). Via a custom modification (the addition of a small alloy arm fabricated from thick hardware store sheet aluminum), the road front derailleur now works as if it was designed as a top pull instead of a bottom pull.

This thing keeps making me: (1) Laugh and (2) Really want one simultaneously.

Last edited by: QuadsofFURY: Mar 29, 11 9:18
Quote Reply

Prev Next