Prev Next
Re: Let's see your ride! [swimcrankpush] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

You ever take it off any sweet jumps?

Badass rig, thumbs way up.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [RFXCrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My ride while recovering from Morton's Neuroma surgery. Just wait 'til next year...

DFL > DNF > DNS
Last edited by: SallyShortyPnts: Jul 24, 11 17:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow. That is one badass ride! I will keep my eye out for you at IMC. I would absolutely love to see that in person!

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that is F*#$ing BOSS.
Coolest looking ride I've seen in a long time.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RFXCrunner wrote:

You ever take it off any sweet jumps?

Hmm no jumps planed as I'm sure if would fly poorly

Now it does go downhill nicely sort of like a luge, but slowly uphill so lots of hill repeats in my future.

If you are at IMC feel free to come by and say hi might even let you try it out.

My Blog of Me
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, question time. I've always wondered why the cranks are aligned with each other instead of opposed to each other. Wouldn't it be a smoother and more powerful stroke if you could work opposed cranks?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RFXCrunner wrote:
OK, question time. I've always wondered why the cranks are aligned with each other instead of opposed to each other. Wouldn't it be a smoother and more powerful stroke if you could work opposed cranks?

you must have not grown up a swimmer :P. think about butterfly vs a non rotation freestyle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good question

1) More power can be put down with both arms kind of like a one arm pushup verses two arms, in some configurations some people can actually rock forward to apply more power so opposed cranks would limit this

2) The way the steering works if you ran the cranks opposed the bike would turn slightly every time you pushed one crank

I have only seen one person use opposed cranks he hand built his bike and it had a lean to steer so its turning radius was terrible, but he was very fast

My Blog of Me
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [DuGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2011 Look 586 RSP in black and white
Full SRAM RED
Fulcrum 5 Wheels ( saving for Easton EC90 56mm Carbon Clinchers )[/img]

------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.GetEndorFit.com
Personal Training and Sports Conditioning
------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Local Star] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

My baby.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [AndrewM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [cfundako] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How tall are you? What size bike is that? How short are your arms? You riding in probably the steepest position on ST, if you sit on the adamo correct.

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [nebmot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I finally got this bike to a position I can keep for a long time. Though I did just change the crank length from 175 to 170 and raised the seat 5mm. I may end up back at the 175 crank length. I'm gonna try the 170 from now til after a race in Sept.

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [gas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Justo so you know the 'Saturation' slider does have levels in between 0 and 100% :)

gas wrote:

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [nebmot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nebmot wrote:
How tall are you? What size bike is that? How short are your arms? You riding in probably the steepest position on ST, if you sit on the adamo correct.

It's a 58, I'm 6'1/2 160lbs, with pretty equal body lengths, Arms are not short, more on long side and sit on the adamo correctly. I am still playing with the seat fore/aft a little and am going to bring it back tad. I would really doubt it is the steepest position on ST but who knows, not trying to get too steep, but like do like being further up.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [sergio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sweet ride Sergio. Personally, I'd get a black stem, an all black rear tire and black rear mechs' housing.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [596] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
game on! i get mine tomorrow
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How much drop do you have on that Look and is that setup comfortable?
It seems like your butt will be higher than your head. Is there a photo of you riding it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
596 wrote:
I think I finally got this bike to a position I can keep for a long time. Though I did just change the crank length from 175 to 170 and raised the seat 5mm. I may end up back at the 175 crank length. I'm gonna try the 170 from now til after a race in Sept.

Nice bike but.....your seat is too high!
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [SmurfShoes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jesus...so....much...drop. Is that comfortable?

----------------------------------------------------------------

My training
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pics of you on this bike?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That hand-bike looks plain ol' awesome! I'm looking forward to seeing you in this machine out on the IMC course.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [SmurfShoes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its about 23cm of drop. I changed everything about 1 week ago and have not measured it yet. I'm 6-3 with very long legs and long upper arms. I do not have a "flat" back, it is a curved back. If I move up, further then this, my chest becomes a sail. I'll try and get my wife to snap a few shots before or after todays ride.

Yes, it is very comfortable. Especially with the Xentis bars, those things are golden.

Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's one I have from earlier this year. I'm a tad lower then this now with the change to 170's from 175's and to the Xentis aerobar. This is probably around a 20cm drop.

BTW - I've ridden twice with the shorter cranks and it feels pretty nice. But once you get bogged down at 6mph up a steep climb its much tougher to get back up to a good cadence with the shorter cranks. Overall so far I like the shorter cranks and it allows me to ride at about 23cm of drop.

Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you are cadel evans!

you know I *think* if you flattened out the extensions, and moved the pads up like 8 meters, your back would be unmoved, you could ride a 2 sizes larger frame and so have less seat post sticking out, and you would be more aero without the forearm scoop.

discuss

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply

Prev Next