Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [PBT_2009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PBT_2009 wrote:
Quick question on the 2011 slice 5 frameset - the white black and red model. I see they and other slices of that generation fit Flo Wheels. I have Hed jet 6+...I assume those would fit fine with 23c tires? Anyone run 25s? Thinking of picking up a slice frameset. Also-does it use standard brake caliper mounts front and rear, and what's the BB? BB30? Thanks!

The Hed Jet 6+ with 25c width tires (Michelin Pro Competition) work fine on my 2010 Slice. The fork width is sufficient. The real question is whether your front brake calipers open wide enough for tires that balloon to 28c. I run a rear disc and 23c width tire on my rear.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My slice:

Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [rycyt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Off topic a bit, but why does it seem like there's massive discrepancies between shop prices (msrp)?

Examples:
http://urbantrigear.com/collections/biks/products/2015-cannondale-slice-ultegra-di2
(it's 2015, but you'd assume the msrp would be lower)

vs
http://kozy.com/product/cannondale-slice-ultegra-di2-30457.htm
showing a $4799 msrp.

couple more
https://www.bikeexchange.com/a/triathlon-time-trial-bikes/cannondale/nj/long-hill/slice-ultegra-di2/103469992

https://www.bikeexchange.com/a/triathlon-time-trial-bikes/cannondale/ut/moab/slice-ultegra-di2/101272148
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [Skolbe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, after all my searching for a frameset to build, ended up with a 2011 slice hi mod. Couldn't be happier. Going to start pieceing her together shortly, I have a few parts I need but I also need to swap some from my roadie... but figured I may as well bump this thread and get myself fired up! A happy new slice owner!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PBT_2009 wrote:
So, after all my searching for a frameset to build, ended up with a 2011 slice hi mod. Couldn't be happier. Going to start pieceing her together shortly, I have a few parts I need but I also need to swap some from my roadie... but figured I may as well bump this thread and get myself fired up! A happy new slice owner!

Look at this link to install internal cabling and Di2: http://tri-mods.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I finally have my build shaping up. only thing left is brake levers and cables, which I have ordered but I've had it on the trainer just test things out and click thru the gears. It's a 2011 hi mod frame, 105 5800 group (wheels manufacturing bb adaptor), zipp alumina base bars, PD t2+ extensions, DA shifters, and for now I have my vuelta 30 mm training wheels on. soon enough she will see the Hed Jet 6+ with black logos...
Also my first time posting a pic so hope this goes well...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I never post here, but I absolutely love my Slice, so here it is!

Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [aforsyth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We love our Slice's. Great price, easy to work on and easy to break down/pack.

Powered by Dalzell Coaching
Last edited by: uclamutt: Nov 21, 16 11:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bumping thread for a question for slice owners.

Anyone running 25c tires in the rear for the 2011-era frame? I want to grab new tires and would prefer 25s if the frame will accommodate. I've seen earlier in the thread that 25 fits fine in front but not sure about rear. I'll be putting them on HED Jet6+ for what it's worth.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My rear tire rubbed with a 25 tire on a hed jet rim (not plus). The tire was a 4000 II, and it would spin just fine, but as soon as there was weight on the bike it rubbed. That was a 2014 frame, I think they're pretty similar between '11 and '14.

This is the rub mark:
[URL=http://s376.photobucket.com/...zpscpuz79lk.jpg.html][/url]

This is the back end with a newer 24mm:
[URL=http://s376.photobucket.com/...zpssqobuudh.jpg.html][/url]
Last edited by: captain-tri: Jan 22, 17 15:20
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [captain-tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks so much for the info. Was so tempted to get a pair of 25 GP400S II bc price on amazon was good...So by look of it the 24mm was fine? Now I'm thinking I want to try specialized s works turbos bc they come in 24s
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, there was about 1/8th of an inch space. IIRC I actually ran 23mm Schwalbe Ones just before I sold the bike because I had a couple blow outs with the 24mm Continental tires I had purchased and had become a bit overly cautious (but then I broke a spoke race day, so the tires weren't an issue at all :)

I never tried Turbo Cottons.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [captain-tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2011 Slice 105
1x10 46 and 11-28
Chinacarbon wheels with 23 mm wide wheels with 25mm Gatorskins on now
All in all with less than 1k into this thing I am pretty pleased!

Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [Bduke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Simple, sleek, light and fast...what more do I nerd!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine runs fine with 25mm gp 4000
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think I have posted mine yet. Just added eTap last year.

Last edited by: DomerTriGuy: Mar 3, 17 17:42
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [DomerTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DomerTriGuy wrote:

Daaaaaaaang that thing is sweet
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PBT_2009 wrote:
DomerTriGuy wrote:

Daaaaaaaang that thing is sweet
Thank you. I thought I was done but keep riding with my buddy who he and his wife ride FRDs and I'm trying not to get the itch to move things over to a frame like that.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [DomerTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, I can understand that, we are human after all haha. I can see how you're sorta at the end of the line as far as component upgrades go.

I see one thing left if u wanna keep going on it though..custom paint job!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still need to cut down the steerer tube a bit, but am pretty happy with my winter modifications and am ready to say the bike is race ready.

Last edited by: SBRinSD: Apr 28, 17 8:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aforsyth wrote:

That is a gorgeous bike
Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [Bscheel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Let's See Your Slice! [SBRinSD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Question for you. I see the Tri Rig Omega front brake. Did you happen to change the rear brake too? If so, any issues fitting another Omega there?

SBRinSD wrote:
Still need to cut down the steerer tube a bit, but am pretty happy with my winter modifications and am ready to say the bike is race ready.

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Last edited by: Tsunami: Oct 15, 18 17:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aforsyth wrote:

You should post new photos. Folks might be interested in seeing this Slice model after the Di2 and brake / handlebar mods.

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply

Prev Next