Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Kona - nailed-on favourites [Chan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What makes you think Im sour?
Quote Reply
Re: Kona - nailed-on favourites [Gearup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Questioning why someone is happy about something generally assumes you believe that they shouldn't be happy. Sour.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bookies Odds (Skybet)

.Blum 7/4
.Iden 9/4
.Skipper 4/1
.Ditlev 6/1
.Sanders 8/1
.Lange 9/1
.Currie 10/1
.Chartier 10/1
.Hoffman 12/1
.Kienle 14/1
.Tim O 20/1
.Leiferman 25/1
.Bakkegard 28/1
.Hanson 28/1
.Wurf 33/1
.RVB 33/1
.McNamee 40/1

I think Chartier and McNamee are looking decent value for money EW bets.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gearup wrote:
I wasnt asking you.

You posted in a forum or nearly 100,000 people. You didn't send him a DM.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona - nailed-on favourites [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chartier is the biggest question mark for me. I don’t follow the sport that closely but didn’t he basically come out of almost nowhere to win the PTO race this year? If he can do that he can podium Kona I’d think. Similar to Sodaro.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona - nailed-on favourites [Nick2413] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nick2413 wrote:
Chartier is the biggest question mark for me. I don’t follow the sport that closely but didn’t he basically come out of almost nowhere to win the PTO race this year? If he can do that he can podium Kona I’d think. Similar to Sodaro.

Definitely worth a punt at 10/1, McNamee has two podiums to his name at 40/1.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona - nailed-on favourites [ADabs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didnt ask why someone was happy. RTFQ
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gearup wrote:

Right because people who are proud about something are mad about it.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona - nailed-on favourites [TriStart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And became a mother 18 months ago. Up to this page 5 Sodaro was mentioned once, by you, as one in a duathlon with Haug, Moench and Philipp.
Amazing performance by Sodaro.

Seriously - Since Chrissie Wellington years ago, we have NOT seen anything like this. Sodaro was on few if any favorites lists. I had barely even heard of her - and now the added story-line, a recently new mother - living a somewhat "nomal" existence with her Firefighter Husband, in Davis, CA! (Wasn't Dave Scott originally from Davis - so maybe something going on with that?)

Solid, consistent racing with a strong run at the end closes the deal once again!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gearup wrote:

My SINCEREST apologies for associating happy and proud.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nick2413 wrote:

He was planning to be racing on a 2nd hand rim brake Canyon bike :)
Would be awesome to have him place or win.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: Kona - nailed-on favourites [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
And became a mother 18 months ago. Up to this page 5 Sodaro was mentioned once, by you, as one in a duathlon with Haug, Moench and Philipp.
Amazing performance by Sodaro.

Seriously - Since Chrissie Wellington years ago, we have NOT seen anything like this. Sodaro was on few if any favorites lists. I had barely even heard of her - and now the added story-line, a recently new mother - living a somewhat "nomal" existence with her Firefighter Husband, in Davis, CA! (Wasn't Dave Scott originally from Davis - so maybe something going on with that?)

Solid, consistent racing with a strong run at the end closes the deal once again!

Those of us who paid attention to Chrissies results in Korea and Alpe d'Huez in 2007 had a pretty good idea she was going to be a champion. I was probably more tuned in than most because one of my former training partners did Korea in 2007.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona - nailed-on favourites [Rideon77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rideon77 wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
WhittleFit wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
So, did anyone pick Sodaro to win???

Dan Plews?

OK, did anyone in this thread pick Sodaro to win???

Nope. Everyone was wrong. So proud an American won. It's only been what?????? 26 years I think?

Ya, there are always surprises which is why I never try to pick the winner, top three, etc. While it is nice that an American woman won, as a swimmer I was actually rooting for Lucy to lead from start to finish. Maybe some year she'll do that. :)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Kona - nailed-on favourites [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alex_korr wrote:
Nick2413 wrote:

He won Dallas on that didn't he? Has he got a new bike for Kona?
Quote Reply
Re: Kona - nailed-on favourites [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
alex_korr wrote:
Nick2413 wrote:

He appeared in Lionel's vlog workouts on that same bike, so I am assuming that he is racing on it tomorrow.

Quote Reply
Re: Kona - nailed-on favourites [juanillo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
juanillo wrote:
Am I the only one that thinks that the amount of penalties in the female´s race is going to affect the men´s race? I do not think we will see long trains... or we will see the guys quite spread... Some of them will try to go at the front to avoid trouble (Currie, Ditlev and the norwegians come to my mind)...so, we will see more gaps in t2 than expected. This is good for the uberbikers, so apart from Blum, I put my money on Skipper

How many female pros were pinged? And yup it should definitely affect the men's race. Rather than keep the 12m, i think the weaker bikers will still push the envelope and risk the penalty. It's either that or accept a top ten finish is going to be the best they can aim for. I don't think anyone can come in to T2 with a 6/7min deficit and still win.

As I said earlier there will be a group of uber bikers who will come out of the swim behind the lead pack (Sanders, Wurf, Kienle), I think Sanders said he was going to stick to SK in the swim, and they will work hard together to bridge the gap to the lead pack. What happens when they overtake the likes of Lange, does he jump on their wheel or just ride his own race? If he's there to podium, he (and others) will have no choice but to draft off the uber bikers, at least until the point they hit the front and perhaps the pace will ease? I'd imagine they would be putting down more than their average power to bridge the gap? And also they are not going to want a someone with Lange's run capability riding with them. I'd imagine if he is there and other weaker bikers are in the front pack, Sanders, Wurf, KB etc will work hard to drop them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
juanillo wrote:
Am I the only one that thinks that the amount of penalties in the female´s race is going to affect the men´s race? I do not think we will see long trains... or we will see the guys quite spread... Some of them will try to go at the front to avoid trouble (Currie, Ditlev and the norwegians come to my mind)...so, we will see more gaps in t2 than expected. This is good for the uberbikers, so apart from Blum, I put my money on Skipper

How many female pros were pinged?

I counted 4 - Laura Philip and Lisa Norden and a couple of others.

Quote Reply
Re: Kona - nailed-on favourites [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alex_korr wrote:
zedzded wrote:
juanillo wrote:

I counted 4 - Laura Philip and Lisa Norden and a couple of others.

Sarah Crowley was as well. She would have been a podium contender.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona - nailed-on favourites [Lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lacticturkey wrote:
first triathlon was 2017.....first time kona...she won in hokas as well...

She won in ASIC Metaspeed’s :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why does everyone seem to think Lange is the strongest runner in the field? He is NOT! Both Blummenfelt and Iden are clearly better. Skipper, Currie, Sanders, Chartier and a few others are all probably as good. Time to check your calendars, it is not 2019 anymore!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
alex_korr wrote:

I believe he has a 2nd gen Trek Speed Concept, not Canyon. Not a slow bike. But does have rim brakes, oh the horror.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
juanillo wrote:
Philipp (DEU), Clarke (NZ), Norden (SWE), Crowley (AUS), I think, from watching and commentary and some splits checks.
Pleased to see that the American and British contingent (the two nations with most numbers, so randomly one might expect some of them to be 'got') were sufficiently disciplined not to receive a drafting penalty.
There is no doubt that the albeit small trains we saw yesterday are few and far between in normal races. Even in St George the groups split apart pretty quickly, into twos or the odd three for a few miles.

Sodaro and Moench rode to 90 miles together, with either Moench or Norden leading (Crowley into PT at 34 miles, and of course Norden then PT at Hawi, with Clarke joining her for a 'chat') and Sodaro rode back with Moench hanging on till 90 miles.
Ryf and Haug had Philipp pulling till she got a call to the mile 34 shade (to join Crowley). And much later Haug was left on her own (not sure of that but Ryf had accelerated away by then) and bled time to others even while burning her run matches.
Caveat propinquum secutor, and if your number is M15.
Last edited by: Ajax Bay: Oct 8, 22 1:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
juanillo wrote:

How many female pros were pinged? And yup it should definitely affect the men's race. Rather than keep the 12m, i think the weaker bikers will still push the envelope and risk the penalty. It's either that or accept a top ten finish is going to be the best they can aim for. I don't think anyone can come in to T2 with a 6/7min deficit and still win.

As I said earlier there will be a group of uber bikers who will come out of the swim behind the lead pack (Sanders, Wurf, Kienle), I think Sanders said he was going to stick to SK in the swim, and they will work hard together to bridge the gap to the lead pack. What happens when they overtake the likes of Lange, does he jump on their wheel or just ride his own race? If he's there to podium, he (and others) will have no choice but to draft off the uber bikers, at least until the point they hit the front and perhaps the pace will ease? I'd imagine they would be putting down more than their average power to bridge the gap? And also they are not going to want a someone with Lange's run capability riding with them. I'd imagine if he is there and other weaker bikers are in the front pack, Sanders, Wurf, KB etc will work hard to drop them.

I love Sebi, but he has been far from an Uber biker this year. In fact, his run has been his best weapon lately. It will be interesting to see if Lionel tries to go with Wurf if close out of the swim or just decides to run his own race like he did in StG.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: Kona - nailed-on favourites [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Braden said he is sick but will start

Bummer cos was hoping at least currie, chartier, magnus could surprise everyone....2 hopes left!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Blue man group will be out in force today. I still think Lange with prevail given his proven marathon in the heat.

Gustav Will flat or other mechanical… he dissed the Queen K.
Quote Reply

Prev Next