Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [JTNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what are people using for a rear hydration set up. Has anybody found a good mounting bracket for the seat post screws?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [DNF'dUP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DNF'dUP wrote:
what are people using for a rear hydration set up. Has anybody found a good mounting bracket for the seat post screws?

I'm going to get a Canyon rear bottle holder, issue is they're not available till Aug or later.....
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [Sharkbait22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sharkbait22 wrote:
are there Di2 shift buttons on the bars as well as the extensions on the CF 8.0? I get mine tuesday and wondering what upgrades i will need to do!!

Yep they're buttons on the bars but they can only control your RD.
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a Canyon owners thread? [Sharkbait22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sharkbait22 wrote:
Ok so fill me in on your hydration system. My speedmax gets delivered on Tuesday! I really want something like the slx has.

Currently using 2 Gorilla cages on the bottom, I just upgraded to the PD Ultimate Steam and am waiting for delivery of the PD Aeria Hydration system which may not arrive till end of the month. UGH.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm only running one bottle behind the saddle. But made a neat and cheap solution by drilling an extra angled hole in a sturdy plastic cage and zip-tie the top of it to the saddle. Its rock solid and lightweight!

Last edited by: MrSommer: Jul 9, 18 13:26
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [MrSommer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought this one for my Speedmax. I just called Canyon for the gazillionth time and they still don't have an ETA for the bottle holder.

It fits well. Not ideal and certainly not fancy, but it gets the job done. https://www.aliexpress.com/...ack/32832763154.html

Follow me on IG: @Commandersnake
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [MrSommer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Im assuming the hole you drilled matches up with the seat post screw hole for the bottom?

I called Canyon and they said August for the rear mount. I was just looking for an option for next weekend lake placid.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes. Made the hole by eye measurement and used the drill to increase the hole diameter vertically for extra adjustability. But since the cage is plastic, its quite flexible. I put a 5mm spacer and a piece of old tube (for scratch protection) between the seat post and the cage
Last edited by: MrSommer: Jul 11, 18 7:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm looking at ordering one of these and would like to know from existing owners how easy it is to remove the stem and bars for packing into a BikeBox Alan for air travel. In the photo the cables all disappear into the top tube storage box. Do you need to remove the box?

I am also looking at the new 2019 Boardman ATT 9.0. One difference I have noted is that the Canyon chainstays are 20mm longer @ 420mm and the stem is 20mm shorter @ 90mm. The Canyon wheelbase is also 20mm longer @ 1037mm. This is for the large size, I am 188cm tall. Would I be right in thinking that this might result in the Boardman being a bit more twitchy / responsive and the Canyon being more forgiving and less stressful on technical courses?

Both bikes are mail order only, so a decent test ride is not an option. The 2017 Boardman got very good test reviews for it's ride and handling but haven't found any tests / reviews that compared the two against each other.

This will be my first Tri bike, my main bike is a Canyon Endurace with disc brakes. I live in the Scottish Highlands, so the roads are quite lumpy, hence my concern about handling, particularly on steep descents.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [paulfrost] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, I have 2018 Speedmax CF 8 and did two airtrips already. Preparing the bike for the fly and putting back together is piece of cake. Just have some carbon grease with you and you are all set.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sizing Question

trying to figure out that correct size for the Speedmax CF (Not the SLX!). Maybe you can help :)
Bike-fitter of trust specced my long-leg, short-torso, stone-like-flexibility into:
  • Saddle Height: 775mm
  • Arm Pad Stack: 710mm (make sure to stop laughing after 5minutes to avoid injury!)
  • Arm Pad Reach: 470mm
  • Saddle setback: 0mm (from tip of saddle to center of bottom bracket)
  • Drop to pad: 60mm (From saddle to top of pad)
  • Drop to bars: 120mm (From saddle to top of bar)

So best as I can tell, I can go with either a size M or a size L, both seem compromisy:

Option A Going for size M
  • Saddle height is within the range
  • Arm pad reach can be hit
  • Arm pad stack is 18mm outside the spec

So from how I understand the "Profile Design Riser Kit" I could extend this towards 70mm and hit 702mm, which is almost there. Some stretching then ;)

Option B Going for size L
  • Saddle height is at the total minimum, which is exactly 775! (Makes me super nervous)
  • To hit the arm pad reach I have to get my hands on a 70mm version of the stem (didn't see it in store)
  • Arm pad stack is within the spec (No extra risers needed)

Questions:
  • Am I somewhere off, any misconceptions on my sides?
  • Did anyone measure the a real bike against the geometry chart? Is the geometry spec from Canyon a promise or more of an estimation?
  • Anyone experience with high riser setups (for M size)? Is it still comfy to get to the bars then?
  • Anyone experience in getting a shorter stem from Canyon?
  • Anyone put in some other (cheap) non-Canyon to increase stack/decrease reach
  • Would you run with the L being at total minimum height? Change in saddle, cleats, shoes could skrew me up heavily.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [pawlaczynski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm concerned that there isn't enough exposed cable to move the bars very far away when the stem is removed. The cables look like they are ziptied to something in the energy box, which is why I wondered if you need to remove the box?
I know with my Road bike that the handlebars need all the slack cable to be able to fit them in a secure position in the box.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My LBS got my cables pretty far away into my basebar. I'm riding a 110mm stem.

Also, I've flown with my bike 6 times already and no problem. Super easy to take apart and put together.

I've found that I can ride my CF almost like my road bike (Boardman Air Elite 9.8). I live in a very hilly and twisty area, and it handles very well.
Last edited by: onceatriathlet3: Jul 20, 18 15:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
paulfrost wrote:
I'm concerned that there isn't enough exposed cable to move the bars very far away when the stem is removed. The cables look like they are ziptied to something in the energy box, which is why I wondered if you need to remove the box?
I know with my Road bike that the handlebars need all the slack cable to be able to fit them in a secure position in the box.

Three is enough cable (on my 80 stem) to put in on the side of the frame and secure. But be sure to put some sponge or buble plastic so the bar doesn't skratch from the frame.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Odd but honest question:

After lengthy discussions with Canyon's US service centers on the shortage of Speedmax CF 8.0 Di2 - I was given a subtle indication that some guys have been acquiring the Speedmax WMN CF 8.0 LTD. This is a Women's version of the bike, however specs are similar (changes in saddle, wheels, etc.) and the geometry is closer between the two than I would expect. I fit as "M" size on both geometries, after inputting my data.

Is it too crazy to for a guy to use the WMN model? I like the aesthetics and would appreciate some opinions if you consider this feasible or not, and any other insights. Both geometry charts attached.
Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [wnusser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Im pretty sure the actual frame is the same between the male and female models. Only difference be the length of the stem with +1cm on male versions, and then color scheme, saddle, wheels and other accessories as you also mention yourself.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sharkbait22 wrote:
Speedmax owners. Curious as to how many spacers you have on bars? (From basebar to extensions)

I have 0 spacers. As a matter of fact, I just removed the 4 cm plastic spacer below the stem and it seems to be the right hight for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [wnusser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only difference between the 2 is the -10mm on the stem for the W version. I bought a CF 9.0 W version last year.
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a Canyon owners thread? [JTNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JTNY wrote:
Sharkbait22 wrote:
Ok so fill me in on your hydration system. My speedmax gets delivered on Tuesday! I really want something like the slx has.

Currently using 2 Gorilla cages on the bottom, I just upgraded to the PD Ultimate Steam and am waiting for delivery of the PD Aeria Hydration system which may not arrive till end of the month. UGH.

JTNY- could you post some pics of your PD front hydratation setup, pls ?

to all Canyon CF owners: pls, post as much photos as possible (hacks, setups, upgrades , etc.) Cheers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sharkbait22 wrote:
Speedmax owners. Curious as to how many spacers you have on bars? (From basebar to extensions)

I have a size M and i'm 5'11, I had to use ALL the spacers that were given to me.
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a Canyon owners thread? [xoslic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xoslic wrote:
to all Canyon CF owners: pls, post as much photos as possible (hacks, setups, upgrades , etc.) Cheers

Done a few changes to my ‘bottom of the line ‘ Speedmax CF 7.0 2018 model and a small hack with the rear bottle cage i posted earlier.

Changed mechs and shifters to Campa Chorus and crankset to Rotor 3D24 (plug’n’play) with P2M powermeter and 54-42 chainrings. Changed freeweel hub on Cosmics to Campa and could then use the provided wheels for training. Changed saddle to Adamo because the Fizik were too wide for me...
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a Canyon owners thread? [xoslic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xoslic wrote:

Here is my setup from last weekends race. PD Aeria Ultimate stem and hydration, F40 pads. Zero spacers under pads and I also removed the spacer under the stem.

[url=https://postimg.cc/image/6n1q4d2jr/][/url]
Last edited by: timppis: Aug 29, 18 13:30
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a Canyon owners thread? [timppis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timppis wrote:
xoslic wrote:

Here is my setup from last weekends race. PD Aeria Ultimate stem and hydration, F40 pads. Zero spacers under pads and I also removed the spacer under the stem.

[url=https://postimg.cc/image/6n1q4d2jr/][/url]
Hey timppis, did you actually cut the steerer after removing that 4cm spacer? I just removed it myself but wondering whether to cut the carbon steerer or keep it in case I don't like the new position
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a Canyon owners thread? [timppis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timppis - could you pls post some closer photos of your cockpit. I am curious how does Aeria reservoir fit in relation to a head tube, front brake cable and a front brake when installed on a PD Aeria Ultimate stem.

btw this combo has a pretty hefty weight according to specs on their website. Stem 100mm 455g + 420g reservoir
Quote Reply

Prev Next