Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ironman 70.3 - Waco [iamAERO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw that and I commented on their Facebook asking questions, like if they had the course, or would just be going over the existing 70.3 course. Crickets. Nobody answered.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 - Waco [red3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the city council meeting today Resolution's include in #1 an extension of the declaration of local disaster until October 31. The current declaration would make it difficult to have any sort of race I believe so extending that another month may be the exact thing IM needs to call it off. I think it limits groups to 10 or less and yes you could apply for an exception but I don't see a race with 1,000 + being allowed.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 - Waco [TRIDOC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TRIDOC wrote:
In the city council meeting today Resolution's include in #1 an extension of the declaration of local disaster until October 31. The current declaration would make it difficult to have any sort of race I believe so extending that another month may be the exact thing IM needs to call it off. I think it limits groups to 10 or less and yes you could apply for an exception but I don't see a race with 1,000 + being allowed.

I wonder how they square this resolution with the crowds for Baylor home football games.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 - Waco [dktxracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dktxracer wrote:
TRIDOC wrote:

I wonder how they square this resolution with the crowds for Baylor home football games.

Has Baylor played any home games yet?

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 - Waco [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like their first home game is this Saturday.

They also have a home game the day of IMTX vs Oklahoma State
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Baylor is having a COVID issue that is going to be an ongoing problem. Baylor students account for over half of active cases in McLennan County.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aren't they just a 3rd party? Seems like TriDot would be irrelevant for the go/no-go decision
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 - Waco [indianacyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They have no bearing on anything.

Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 - Waco [dktxracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dktxracer wrote:
TRIDOC wrote:

There haven't been any crowds for Baylor home football games........

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They plan on having limited attendance like 12,000 fans.

Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 - Waco [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:

So normal levels? (In pink)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
Baylor is having a COVID issue that is going to be an ongoing problem. Baylor students account for over half of active cases in McLennan County.

Ummm, why are you spreading inaccurate information about Baylor?

Baylor's active infections has dropped 82%.

https://twitter.com/.../1305978370551840776

The GMAN wrote:

6 thousand, but yeah, limited capacity.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Last edited by: TheStroBro: Sep 15, 20 16:27
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 - Waco [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
The GMAN wrote:

Ummm, why are you spreading inaccurate information about Baylor?

Baylor's active infections has dropped 82%.

https://twitter.com/.../1305978370551840776

What did I say that was inaccurate?

Waco Tribune three days ago:
Baylor University appears to be emerging as a local hotspot for COVID-19, with its active cases constituting almost half of all McLennan County’s estimated active cases.

Baylor makes up 270 of McLennan County’s 551 estimated active cases, according to the latest dashboard figures, or 49% of all active cases.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FYI, they passed the resolution to extend the declaration of local disaster.

http://wacocitytx.iqm2.com/Citizens/SplitView.aspx?Mode=Video&MeetingID=3344&MinutesID=1925&Format=Minutes&MediaFileFormat=ismv

3:21:28 is when they bring up and vote the Consent Agenda items.

Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 - Waco [Jim01] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does that also pretty much rule out Baylor having fans at the football games?

Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 - Waco [Jim01] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder what that actually means. Because disaster and emergency declarations come with all sorts of caveats and purposes when it comes to deploying resources and granting mayors additional powers.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 - Waco [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.mctx.org/...ter_declarations.php

Looks like a disaster declaration in and of itself won't be what would stop the race.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 - Waco [Traket92x] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep... the last line says “request federal financial assistance.”
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 - Waco [Traket92x] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Traket92x wrote:

Looks like a disaster declaration in and of itself won't be what would stop the race.

Point of order that Montgomery County (your link) is where The Woodlands is located. Not where Waco is located.

I’m sure the language of it all is similar but still not the same county.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
Traket92x wrote:

Point of order that Montgomery County (your link) is where The Woodlands is located. Not where Waco is located.

I’m sure the language of it all is similar but still not the same county.

You are correct on that one. Here a document from the Texas Association of Counties that lists the relevant section of the Texas Government Code (link). The Montgomery County document just lays it out in layman's terms a little better.

This isn't to say that the race doesn't get cancelled, but I don't see the the disaster declaration changes anything (on it's own).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
iamAERO wrote:
TriDot is having a Facebook webinar tonight at 8pm CT to go over the course for IM Texas. Feels like it could be a good sign. Does anyone know if/how they know the swim and run courses?

TriDot is awesome. I did their Galveston training camp early this year and that's the closest Ironman experience I got in 2020. I'm glad at least I did that.
Anyway, I'm doing a relay and all three of us are still training hard. I hope this happens so we can have some fun finally.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 - Waco [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
dktxracer wrote:
The 70.3 start time has been moved to noon on Sunday to accommodate the full IM. I would be pretty annoyed by that if I was doing the 70.3 unless I lived nearby.

I would be annoyed even if I lived nearby. The late start defeats the temperature savings that a late October Texas Tri offers. Midday that time of year will likely still be high 80s with a real feel above 90.

Yeah, I want my racing in a 70.3 to be done before noon.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 - Waco [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
“Adapt an overcome” Some of the individuals on this thread come across as whinny children. A 12:00 pm start is not going to kill you. Adjust your nutrition plans accordingly and you will be okay. For those who need some assistance due to the late start, I will request IM place Gerber baby food at the aid stations.....
Last edited by: Cer1: Sep 17, 20 19:28
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 - Waco [Cer1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cer1 wrote:
“Adapt an overcome” Some of the individuals on this thread come across as whinny children. A 12:00 pm start is not going to kill you. Adjust your nutrition plans accordingly and you will be okay. For those who need some assistance due to the late start, I will request IM place Gerber baby food at the aid stations.....

Why didn’t I think of that? Of course it’s not going to kill you. I didn’t suggest it would. I adapt and overcome all spring/summer in the Texas heat. However, there is only so much adaptation that can occur. At least for me, a late start and running in (potential) 90 degree heat would increase the time on the course substantially. That’s all. Not the end of the world. Life will go on. But again, not what you hope for in a late October 70.3 in Texas. That’s all. Carry on.
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Sep 18, 20 11:09
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 - Waco [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LifeTri wrote:
DFW_Tri wrote:
dktxracer wrote:
The 70.3 start time has been moved to noon on Sunday to accommodate the full IM. I would be pretty annoyed by that if I was doing the 70.3 unless I lived nearby.

I would be annoyed even if I lived nearby. The late start defeats the temperature savings that a late October Texas Tri offers. Midday that time of year will likely still be high 80s with a real feel above 90.

Yeah, I want my racing in a 70.3 to be done before noon.

For me, finishing before noon has been ruled out by skill, not schedule:)
Quote Reply

Prev Next