Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
How long does it take for you to put your wetsuit ON?
Quote | Reply
I am seeing wetsuit ads saying it should take 10 to 12 minutes or you have the wrong size

How long does it take you?
Quote Reply
Re: How long does it take for you to put your wetsuit ON? [RBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5 minutes max. Use a grocery/plastic bag.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Five minutes if I'm not sweaty. The other day I was sweaty and it took twice as long.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
definitely less than five minutes.
Quote Reply
Re: How long does it take for you to put your wetsuit ON? [iamuwere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same here 5 mins or less

Roka says their suits should take 10 to 12 minutes or it is too big

I have DeSoto.
Quote Reply
Re: How long does it take for you to put your wetsuit ON? [iamuwere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A minute or so. Two piece Synergy, sleeveless top. After my first race with the two piece set-up, I gave my Roka (at least 5 minutes) away.

Athlinks / Strava
Last edited by: Dean T: Aug 1, 18 17:50
Quote Reply
Re: How long does it take for you to put your wetsuit ON? [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M~ wrote:

This

I can't believe how few people do this. Stick em on your feet and hands and you'll have it on just as quick as a surf wetsuit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It takes me about 1 minute, maybe 2, to put on the suit up to my waist. I typically add the arms at a leisure pace while walking from transition to the water. Then I ask some sucker to zip me up near the water. Perhaps it's 10+ minutes total, but that's more of a 'I'm a slow walker and easily distracted' problem than a wetsuit application issue.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It unfortunately takes me about 10 minutes and I have to have help getting the zipper up. I have an Orca S3, I have a medium and I think I need a large
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
6 minutes that feel like an hour?

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I was in my twenties it took just a few seconds...Oh wait...you meant for swimming...carry on...
Quote Reply
Re: How long does it take for you to put your wetsuit ON? [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3-4 min. Use some baby oil around your ankles and shoulders.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Less than 5 minutes with my DeSoto, no plastic bags or gloves needed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
10 to 15 minutes, using plastic bags and cotton gloves. i have two wetsuits, an Orca from about 2004 or so, and a newer Tyr Cat 3 from 2012. the Orca is a bit bigger and takes a bit less time, maybe 10-12 minutes. The Tyr is tighter and takes about 15 minutes.

It takes me 2+ minutes to get the Orca off, and 3+ minutes for the Tyr. Even with thel suit's legs cut off at mid-calf. The same lack of ankle and foot flexibility that makes my kick useless, also makes getting the wetsuit off a slow process. On the bright side, it is entertaining for spectators.

run well, run happy
george
Quote Reply
Re: How long does it take for you to put your wetsuit ON? [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
6 minutes that feel like an hour?

x2.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Less than 5 minutes
Quote Reply
Re: How long does it take for you to put your wetsuit ON? [georgereid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have great ankle or foot flexibility but when my wetsuit is wet after swimming it's pretty flexible and slippery so it's pretty easy to pull off
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
10 minutes, but it feels like 20! Even with a plastic bag for putting my feet in. I usually have to start putting mine on 30 min before swim start bc it's an aerobic event in and of itself and kinda exhausts me. I try to take my time, too, so I don't puncture/tear the suit. I lost my last one (and swim PRs along with it) from careless on-putting...RIP, moment of silence :(
Quote Reply
Re: How long does it take for you to put your wetsuit ON? [milkmaid1982] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
milkmaid1982 wrote:
10 minutes, but it feels like 20! Even with a plastic bag for putting my feet in. I usually have to start putting mine on 30 min before swim start bc it's an aerobic event in and of itself and kinda exhausts me. I try to take my time, too, so I don't puncture/tear the suit. I lost my last one (and swim PRs along with it) from careless on-putting...RIP, moment of silence :(

What brand do you have please?
Quote Reply
Re: How long does it take for you to put your wetsuit ON? [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
M~ wrote:

This

I can't believe how few people do this. Stick em on your feet and hands and you'll have it on just as quick as a surf wetsuit.

According to Roka it isn’t the time to get it over the hands and feet it is the time to get all the wrinkles out of the suit is the proper fit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RBR wrote:
zedzded wrote:
M~ wrote:

This

According to Roka it isn’t the time to get it over the hands and feet it is the time to get all the wrinkles out of the suit is the proper fit

makes sense. I spend a lot of the time pull up the waste making sure it's as far up as I can get so that it's not too restrictive in the shoulders
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Currently, both are ROKA (sleeveless and sleeved). Previously a sleeved Xterra that I quite liked and an Ocra that was awful. But probably just had a bad model on the Orca.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My old Helix took a while, getting the zipper started was tough and required some contortion but it was very tight. My DeSoto 2 piece goes on and comes off with ease.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: How long does it take for you to put your wetsuit ON? [TriJayhawkRyan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Thank hub for the video

I can get my wetsuit on very fast. But after seeing Roka staring it should take 10 - 12 minutes it has me thinking maybe I am not getting the full speed advantage I should be by having a suit which is not right enough
Quote Reply

Prev Next