Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are there pad stack/reach charts available for the speed concept? Apologies if my browsing of the website has missed them.
(Reach 435, stack 680, saddle height 805/780).
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi and thanks for joining ST. I wanted to know if there is a model of the Speed Concept that supports a Pad stack of 740 and Reach of 555?

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, it’s not possible at all. Trek is very busy and can’t accommodate this. I’ve looked into it before.

"I swim because that's how I get to ride my bike."

Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Hey Mitch,

Is it possible for me to send an sc to trek to have it painted? Just wasn’t sure if this was a service trek offers.

Thanks.

Hey Steve, unfortunately that isn't something we are able to do.

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes

@mitchmathewz on IG & Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Duncan74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duncan74 wrote:
Are there pad stack/reach charts available for the speed concept? Apologies if my browsing of the website has missed them.
(Reach 435, stack 680, saddle height 805/780).

I assume your pad reach is to the back of the pad from the BB. We measure to the mid pad so you'll want to add ~20mm. Try to align yourself to the Mid Pad range and if not, align yourself to the Pad Range, never the Full Range though. In the chart below. You fit to a Large with a 45mm mono and a Med-Near stem.



Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes

@mitchmathewz on IG & Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TizzleDK wrote:
Hi and thanks for joining ST. I wanted to know if there is a model of the Speed Concept that supports a Pad stack of 740 and Reach of 555?

An XL frame with a 45+5mm mono and a Far-Near stem will hit that fit.


Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes

@mitchmathewz on IG & Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey folks,

A quick note since I have been seeing a fair bit of Speed Concept questions popping in here... Please drop all of your Speed Concept questions under one roof to make not only my life easier, but the lives of other ST users looking for information about the bike they own or want to own.

What is this one roof you ask? Good question!

The Official Speed Concept Owners Thread is it ----> CHECK IT OUT HERE

Thanks a bunch!

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes

@mitchmathewz on IG & Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for that. Sorry for posting here rather than the SC thread.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mitch@Trek wrote:
stevej wrote:
Hey Mitch,

Is it possible for me to send an sc to trek to have it painted? Just wasn’t sure if this was a service trek offers.

Thanks.


Hey Steve, unfortunately that isn't something we are able to do.

My 1977 Trek is probably past the touch-up stage and needs a new paint job, so it'd be nice to send it to Trek and have it repainted, but I don't know if they'd be any better at achieving the 1977 Ice Blue color than I would be. Plus, I like the idea of keeping it original. The 'Trek' decals on the downtube are still intact and that part isn't so bad. I sold the bike to a friend for a few years in the 80s when I was overseas and when I bought it back the Reynolds 531 decals were messed up from him trying some kind of refinishing or something. But I can get those online. So I'll start the touch-up. I'll start with the front fork and keep trying until I get a good color match, and then move on to the rest of the bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [HardlyTrying] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HardlyTrying wrote:

My 1977 Trek is probably past the touch-up stage and needs a new paint job, so it'd be nice to send it to Trek and have it repainted, but I don't know if they'd be any better at achieving the 1977 Ice Blue color than I would be. Plus, I like the idea of keeping it original. The 'Trek' decals on the downtube are still intact and that part isn't so bad. I sold the bike to a friend for a few years in the 80s when I was overseas and when I bought it back the Reynolds 531 decals were messed up from him trying some kind of refinishing or something. But I can get those online. So I'll start the touch-up. I'll start with the front fork and keep trying until I get a good color match, and then move on to the rest of the bike.

In my area there's a custom motorcycle paint guy who also likes doing bikes. He's pretty brilliant at it, and might be others around.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Mitch,

Any suggestions where 2014+ Speed Concept owners in Europe can buy a mono plug-in aerobar? Everywhere I've seen has these on 10+ week lead times.

Many thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mitch, I have heard from my local Trek store folks that they have been told to expect an ITU-compliant Madone soon. Specifically addressed was a cockpit that will accept draft legal aero bar extensions. Main frame is said to remain unchanged. Can you enlighten us as to veracity and timing of availability? Thanks much!
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [marting] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marting wrote:
Hi Mitch,

Any suggestions where 2014+ Speed Concept owners in Europe can buy a mono plug-in aerobar? Everywhere I've seen has these on 10+ week lead times.

Many thanks.

Hey there, I just did a check in our EU market to see our availability and the ETAs are showing June. Your local dealer could place one on back order in the meantime. Unfortunately I am not sure why the ETA is pushed out for this part right now though...

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes

@mitchmathewz on IG & Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [sharknado] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sharknado wrote:
Mitch, I have heard from my local Trek store folks that they have been told to expect an ITU-compliant Madone soon. Specifically addressed was a cockpit that will accept draft legal aero bar extensions. Main frame is said to remain unchanged. Can you enlighten us as to veracity and timing of availability? Thanks much!

Hey! So if that is in the pipeline, it would have to stay in the pipeline until an official release. Most 2020 models from kids bikes to high end MTBs and road bikes will be released between May/June and September.

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes

@mitchmathewz on IG & Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see that it’s not possible to get a rim brake Madone SLR with Ultegra di2 or force AXS. While it is possible on the disc brake version. Is there anyway I could get either on the rim brake version? Is it also possible to get 1x Force AXS on the Madone?

Also if I get the frame set how much is the stem, bars and brakes?
Last edited by: Cajer: Apr 14, 19 17:03
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Cajer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cajer wrote:
I see that it’s not possible to get a rim brake Madone SLR with Ultegra di2 or force AXS. While it is possible on the disc brake version. Is there anyway I could get either on the rim brake version? Is it also possible to get 1x Force AXS on the Madone?

Also if I get the frame set how much is the stem, bars and brakes?

Checking into our Project One program, there isn't any availability for AXS on the rim brake models which might be due to us stocking the specific levers for the disc models. Force AXS is available too, but just on the disc model.

For the part costs (in USD):

Handlebar - $399.99
Stem - $349.99
Brakes - $219.99/ea

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes

@mitchmathewz on IG & Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Mitch, what's the story with Tim O'Donnell's XXX 9 wheels? Are they one-off, re-badged older model, or coming to the public?

https://www.triathlete.com/...speed-concept_336143
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its the old model. The brake track isnt textured. So rebadgede aeolus 9

Mvg
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Coffeeaddict87] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Coffeeaddict87 wrote:
Its the old model. The brake track isnt textured. So rebadgede aeolus 9

Mvg

Correct!

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes

@mitchmathewz on IG & Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Mitch. Will that new bracket to attach a speed concept part to a non speed concept bike be retroactive to the previous version of the unnamed bike ??

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also will there be any shorter stems coming out for the Madone (say 80mm)? As the current stem plus bar combo has too much reach for me even on the shortest frame.
Last edited by: Cajer: Jun 17, 19 16:05
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sbernardi wrote:
Hey Mitch. Will that new bracket to attach a speed concept part to a non speed concept bike be retroactive to the previous version of the unnamed bike ??

It will not - it is only for the one model.

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes

@mitchmathewz on IG & Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You’re killing me smalls....

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 I doubt I’m the first person to suggest this, and I have no idea what a seatpost mold costs. But if the new Madone Speed had a forward post so you could change between Road and TT position that would be pretty enticing. Personally I would still race on my speed concept but I would almost never train on it.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mitch just in regards to the mono plug in extension- I noticed that it has 3 holes running along the top each side for the arm cups/wing pad. The s-bends i use have the standard 4 holes. I also use the 4th hole to put wing/pads on (hole that is furtherest away from the body, towards the extensions). As a result, does this mean the mono would not work as it seems shorter? I have the s-bend bar just shy all the way forward but have hardly any room to go further forward. The arm cups are are in the middle of the wing. I have attached a pic, i hope it works. I want to try different bars, something like a zipp with 70mm rise, but im hesitant that i might not be able to get my pads in the right position (ie, quite forward) since the mono doesnt have as much length?
Quote Reply

Prev Next