Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Fuselage reservoir for Cervelo PX, P3X and P5X - signal your interest [Aid.dre.an] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aid.dre.an wrote:
Yann,

I am thinking of getting one as well, but my worry is that I will not be able to hug the toptube on descents when I am spinning out. Is there enough room to lie on the toptube and get under the seat? It looks like it might be a tight squeeze considering how far the back pushes out.

Also I own a P5x med; does the larger bladder fit the frame or am I stuck with the smaller bladders?

Thanks!

All should be looking at the large bladders only.

I've a small p5x, and use the large bladder mounted similar to yanns position above.
Quote Reply
Re: Fuselage reservoir for Cervelo PX, P3X and P5X - signal your interest [yannb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm also tentatively interested for a PX size large but won't receive it until the first week of March and cannot take any measurements.

Zev

"No matter how hard you train, Somebody will train harder. No matter how hard you run, Somebody will run harder. No matter how hard you want it, Somebody will want it more, I am Somebody"~ST Post
Quote Reply
Re: Fuselage reservoir for Cervelo PX, P3X and P5X - signal your interest [yannb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yann,

Just paced an order for the P3X XL. If you don't have a "template" for the XL I'll send it to you as soon as I get the chance.

When I install the reservoir, test it and if it is functional I'll order one more.

Thanks,
Boki
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is the latest prototype of the bento box adapter.

I decided to try and make it the same size as the existing bento box so that it would fit all sizes of p3x and p5x. Downside is that the becomes rather non useful.

http://www.custombikexcessories.com
Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yannb wrote:
Here is the latest prototype of the bento box adapter.

I decided to try and make it the same size as the existing bento box so that it would fit all sizes of p3x and p5x. Downside is that the becomes rather non useful.

I like it a lot.

When you say non useful, you mean that the space left for gel is small?
If this is the case, personally I think its great and prefer the smaller look.
I mix my gels in with fluids so have virtually no need for a gel container. But with your small one could use for car key or spare couple gels as needed depending if training or racing.

The larger one previously with more gel space looked a little large it seemed.

One piece of feedback - in the above one, the bladder cap appears recessed at the rear.
This is the part that is used to open when refilling so it would need to be slightly above the mount if anything or at least flush.

I'd be in for 2-3 of the above (couple friends will take also) if you proceed with this size solution.
It may be useful to see what gels can fix in or how many for others if you are considering it?
Quote Reply
Re: Fuselage reservoir for Cervelo PX, P3X and P5X - signal your interest [Fazz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fazz,

After looking at the printed result, I realized I could add a bit more storage behind the bladder by pushing the wall forward, which will give a bit more storage.

As for your concern of not being able to open the cover because it is recessed, that is moot point, you can totally open it without any problems. The reason for recessing it into the box is because I am trying to match the side curvature of the original bento so it matches the shape of the rear of the stem. Otherwise it would stick out on the side compared to the stem shape.

Yann

Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yannb wrote:
Fazz,

After looking at the printed result, I realized I could add a bit more storage behind the bladder by pushing the wall forward, which will give a bit more storage.

As for your concern of not being able to open the cover because it is recessed, that is moot point, you can totally open it without any problems. The reason for recessing it into the box is because I am trying to match the side curvature of the original bento so it matches the shape of the rear of the stem. Otherwise it would stick out on the side compared to the stem shape.

Yann

Ok great.

For the rear storage pocket, is the plan for the opening device to be more as when stopped or any solution whilst moving that could open and close easily?

I guess it would need to more fold back and click back into place as opposed to remove completely?
Quote Reply
Re: Fuselage reservoir for Cervelo PX, P3X and P5X - signal your interest [Fazz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fazz wrote:
yannb wrote:
Fazz,

Yann

Ok great.

For the rear storage pocket, is the plan for the opening device to be more as when stopped or any solution whilst moving that could open and close easily?
I guess it would need to more fold back and click back into place as opposed to remove completely?

The lid for the rear storage pocket will be attached to bento box with short leash, allowing you to open it while riding. The lid has a magnet in it which snaps into place with the magnet that is in the bento box.

Check out the latest prototype video. sorry for the shakiness, hard to film with one hand and do stuff with the other hand.

Yann

Instagram
Facebook
Last edited by: yannb: Feb 25, 20 21:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yannb wrote:
Fazz wrote:
yannb wrote:
Fazz,

Yann

Ok great.

The lid for the rear storage pocket will be attached to bento box with short leash, allowing you to open it while riding. The lid has a magnet in it which snaps into place with the magnet that is in the bento box.

Check out the latest prototype video. sorry for the shakiness, hard to film with one hand and do stuff with the other hand.

Yann

Great work. Really awesome.

I'll take 3. Let me go back to the link you mentioned somewhere and order.

Well done.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you. This not finalized yet, as I still need to test fit it on a frame, hoping to do that this weekend.

Here's the link: https://custombikexcessories.com/...fuelselage-bento-box

Yann

Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was able to test fit the box on TBarrett's P3X medium tonight. I'd say it's very close to done. Need to make a couple of small modifications which I plan on doing tonight or tomorrow and doing another test fit this weekend.

See video below.

Thank you to all who have already purchased, it made the work I put into this product worth it.
If the next prototype fits as it should, then I expect to be able to start shipping boxes out in just over 2 weeks.

Yann

Instagram
Facebook
Last edited by: yannb: Feb 26, 20 20:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is very exciting, thanks for the updates!
Quote Reply
Re: Fuselage reservoir for Cervelo PX, P3X and P5X - signal your interest [tomljones3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tomljones3 wrote:
That is very exciting, thanks for the updates!

Test fitted new version yesterday. It's very close. I'm going to try and close the gap between the bottom rear of the box and the frame.

yann

Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just ordered one for XL PX. What is everyone using to hold straw to the extensions?
Quote Reply
Re: Fuselage reservoir for Cervelo PX, P3X and P5X - signal your interest [Greatzaa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fuselage comes with a small magnet system. Haven't tried yet, but I assume it works.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very nice improvements over the last iteration. Top and sides look flush to me!
Quote Reply
Re: Fuselage reservoir for Cervelo PX, P3X and P5X - signal your interest [Greatzaa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The mouth piece that comes with the shiv bladder has a magnet in it. Included in the same package is an elastic loop with a magnet in it. So the easiest solution would be to secure the loop on your extensions.

Personally I think Ill zip tie the tube loosely to the center riser and stow it out of the way on the side of one of my extensions.
Quote Reply
Re: Fuselage reservoir for Cervelo PX, P3X and P5X - signal your interest [zinny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great improvements Yann; I just paid and looking forward to receiving!

Anyone looking to do further tuning of the mouth piece, I found a few sites discussing about the issues with the Specialized mouth piece:

https://www.amysaysso.com/...cards-from-the-shiv/

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...age_Issues_P5052498/

Seems we have to start searching for insulated tubes next.

https://www.amazon.com/...rector/dp/B01MG1P4NT

Yann, will the product be black color? Can it be painted with a spray paint?
Last edited by: TriFinn: Mar 7, 20 7:45
Quote Reply
Re: Fuselage reservoir for Cervelo PX, P3X and P5X - signal your interest [TriFinn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriFinn wrote:
Great improvements Yann; I just paid and looking forward to receiving!

Anyone looking to do further tuning of the mouth piece, I found a few sites discussing about the issues with the Specialized mouth piece:

https://www.amysaysso.com/...cards-from-the-shiv/

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...age_Issues_P5052498/

Seems we have to start searching for insulated tubes next.

https://www.amazon.com/...rector/dp/B01MG1P4NT

Yann, will the product be black color? Can it be painted with a spray paint?
Just saw your order come through, thank you. Yes, it will be black and can be spray painted, although it takes a few coats of paint as the plastic is porous due to the printing process.

Boxes were ordered yesterday, I should receive them by the 23rd. And will be mailing them out over a couple days as I prep each one. 13 boxes have been ordered.

Thank you all.

Yann

Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yann,

Is it too late to get on this? I was going to order but I saw the price bump up (I assume due to the minimum being met) and I thought it was prudent to just see what the finished product looked like on the users bikes before I paid full price, unless its just a "1 run and done" thing.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Fuselage reservoir for Cervelo PX, P3X and P5X - signal your interest [Aid.dre.an] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First I want to thank all of you for ordering bento box.

I had ordered a dozen boxes from the printing service and got the first batch Friday. Unfortunately, I discovered that the top of the Fuelselage bladder does not stay down well even with the magnet I’ve embedded in the box that is supposed to hold down the top. It is still usable as is, but I’m not satisfied with it.

Here’s a video showing the problem.

That being, I’m going to change the design a bit so it holds the top down better, I’ve got some ideas on how to do it, but am going to need to try them out. I expect it will take me at least a week or more to nail it down. Plus with what’s going on in the world and around us, the San Francisco Bay Area is in lock down, We’re not supposed to leave our houses unless necessary.

There might be additional delay in getting the boxes to you.

Thank you for your support and understanding

Yann

Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yannb wrote:
First I want to thank all of you for ordering bento box.

I had ordered a dozen boxes from the printing service and got the first batch Friday. Unfortunately, I discovered that the top of the Fuelselage bladder does not stay down well even with the magnet I’ve embedded in the box that is supposed to hold down the top. It is still usable as is, but I’m not satisfied with it.

Here’s a video showing the problem.

That being, I’m going to change the design a bit so it holds the top down better, I’ve got some ideas on how to do it, but am going to need to try them out. I expect it will take me at least a week or more to nail it down. Plus with what’s going on in the world and around us, the San Francisco Bay Area is in lock down, We’re not supposed to leave our houses unless necessary.

There might be additional delay in getting the boxes to you.

Thank you for your support and understanding

Yann

Awe shit, its not going to make it in time for my A race in the next (insert number between 0 to 10) weeks...

Thanks for the update Yann , hopefully you can get this sorted easily; I wonder if you added a plastic lip of some sort at the rear entry of the box so you could secure it down by inserting the fuel cell top slightly angled and then sliding it down and back into place.

Stay safe and practice social distancing; don't think much racing will happen for a few months outside of zwift.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks a lot for the update, and I very much appreciate you're not calling it final before you think it should be. From the video, looks like you really nailed the design of the box to make it flush with the rest of the bike. Looks very nice.

Echoing the post above, unlikely to be much racing any time soon, so absolutely no stress on that account. Also, safety first in terms of taking necessary precautions at this time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks great thanks for the update.

I can see what you mean - seems a minor issue but appreciate the dedication to end product.

I guess solution could either be more magnets or create a lip it secures under to keep in place.
Else you already have a solution and just need to update the fitting base.

Great - looking forward to this.

Agreed - don't think any of us will be racing before May at least.
Can't wait to receive it and start training and using it more.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking great from my side as well! And really appreciate if you finetune it to assure a stable fit!

As others have said; there is no rush now for a month or two...
Quote Reply

Prev Next