Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I forced myself to stick to the slow 20 minute recovery run on the schedule and not bump it up to 30 just for this challenge. I'm glad I did. My body needed the easy day.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was a little unsure about coming back so soon after a cold, but this 30 min run on the treadmill went well. It felt good to sweat after 4 days of forced rest.

I chased the run with 15 min of erging and 1 hour of yoga. RIP cold!

-----------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [mrtrik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So far so good. Too bad the streets in boston suck. Sticking with too much treadmill right now.

--
MyGearGarage - Track all your gear!
Last edited by: mrtrik: Jan 19, 10 7:33
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [mrtrik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Day off running today. AM was 75 min bike with 61 min ave 233W (3.65W per kg). May or may not get an XC ski workout in around dinner time.
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
13.55 miles on the DREADMILL. My ipod got sweat drenched so had to use my sons which used to be my daughters. Actually had some good songs on there. Well here is the polar breakdown of my run today. Like anybody cares but hahha you read this far read a bit more.

13.55 miles in One hour thirty five minutes thirty eight seconds , Max Hr. 205, average Hr. 159, 1422 calories burned total: First 6.55 miles in 45min50 sec., 2nd 6.55 miles in 46 min. 45 sec. rest in 3 min 3 sec. 1st lap 157 ave. Hr @ 93 %, 2nd lap ave. hr 162 @ 91 %. Now if I can get that down to a 42 minute first 6.55 miles and a 43 minute 2nd 6.55 miles by june for a stand alone half mary I will be a happy boy.

Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Long run day after 6AM swim. Gotta love days off. Easy 18km in 1:40 with 5X500m at 10km race pace, all RPE because I forgot my damn watch at home. The dog loved it of course, beautiful sunny morning (once the sun actually rose about a hald hour into my run).

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Dec 15th: We're ON 100 Runs in Run Days Challenge [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Nope I have to stick to my plan. By any chance do you have a good recipe for banana's foster ? seriuosly my kid had it the other night and loved it.. How the new bike /I want pics ! !

New bike has been up and down. Having an issue fitting the FD to the 54T rotor Q-ring so I had to send away for an extension bracket. Getting a fit done tomorrow, but I will not post pics until it is totally finished. It looks fricking awesome. Too bad I do not have the leg power to actually rock the 54-42, but at least I will look good.

As for the bananas foster it is a pretty basic recipe. Keep it real simple. Melt some butter in a saute pan with brown sugar and cinnamon, cook until sugar dissolves, add bananas. Cook until they are soft and lightly browned, add some dark rum/ and or banana liqueur, flambee and serve over ice cream. Specific measurements are not my strong suit.

Captain Canada made again only I subsituted in Jack daniels ( not the running book) and malibu rum. Burned off most the alcohol if not all and ate with the coworkers. Now waiting to digest a bit and get in a 30 minute roller ride.

Re: Dec 15th: We're ON 100 Runs in Run Days Challenge [bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds good. Here is another flambee recipe that I use in my restaurant on special occasions.

Slice up about a half pound of strawberries into chunks. For size I usually try and get a medium strawberry into three pieces. Heat some butter or canola oil or walnut oil if you have it and toss in berries. Sautee until the outside of the berries start to soften a little. Add a tablespoon of sugar and let it cook until the sugar melts. Grind some black pepper over the mixture. Add 1-2 ounces of flavoured vodka (I like mandarin absolut) and flambee. Pour over some good quality Vanilla bean ice cream and add whipped cream. Enjoy.

===============
Quote Reply
Re: Dec 15th: We're ON 100 Runs in Run Days Challenge [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about you do some more flambee-ing and take a day or two off? I can't catch a break from you, sometimes we are tied, in which case I get ahead based on mileage, but usually, you are 1 run up on me. My fiance has gotten used to me saying, "Damn you Captain Canada".

A few snowboarding trips are going to mean some days w/o running and at this rate that's going to put me way behind you!

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Dec 15th: We're ON 100 Runs in Run Days Challenge [SwBkRn44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha, see I am chasing Swimshady, who is a couple of runs ahead of me all the time. I have no idea who this person is, it's just a good motivator to get up and run at 4:30 AM. The other day one of the guys who works near posted something on Facebook about catching me in the 100/100. Very motivating, I put in 5 runs in three days and got my lead back.

Easy recovery 35 minutes this morning, maybe a double today if the legs are feeling good after work. Don't worry though, February 1 is the start of my "real training plan, ramping up swim and bike mileage, so you should catch me easily then ...

===============
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"So far so good. Too bad the streets in boston suck. Sticking with too much treadmill right now. "

Where are you running in Boston? Esplanade, Minuteman, Fresh Pond, and the annex road for Comm Ave along Heartbreak hills are all great options right now.
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Where are you running in Boston? Esplanade, Minuteman, Fresh Pond, and the annex road for Comm Ave along Heartbreak hills are all great options right now.

Well I meant more that particular couple of days with the slushy snow/rain. it's better today. Been running at lunch when I can from back bay over to the charles.

--
MyGearGarage - Track all your gear!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BEAUTIFUL day outside today . NO WAY i was running on a DREADMILL ! ! So dropped son of at preschool,laced on running shoes and turned foot pod on. Then proceeded to )))POUND((( 10.70 miles with lots of hill's :) then did 26 minutes on bike outside which felt fast. Stopped for a coffee and almond biscotti at the Italian Pastry shop then rode bike to preschool loaded bike up and picked son up from preschool. Will do another 30 minutes on rollers tonight.

Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One of the local running stores sponsors an annual "marathon club" starting about now. They have schedules building to both a 1/2 & a full mary distance by May. The main features, for me at least, are a group run on the weekend, both Sat. & Sun., though most people only do one or the other, and a mid-week group run. The progressively longer weekend runs are supposed to be our long runs and there are recommendations for supporting mid-week mileage. I did this last year too, and got the 100 runs in, but I haven't been running as much lately so I'm playing it by ear and seeing what feels right. I've been doing mostly minimum runs for the 100/100 so far this year, and not enough of those, but I should start slowly moving up in the ranking soon. Don't worry though; for anyone who cares about the spreadsheet standings, I'm no threat. :)
Last edited by: Micawber: Jan 20, 10 14:57
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [Micawber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 Don't worry though; for anyone who cares about the spreadsheet standings, I'm no threat. :)

You are not now. Lool at your post #. A bit scary isnt it. :)

Re: Dec 15th: We're ON 100 Runs in Run Days Challenge [SwBkRn44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Squeezed in a second run tonight ... I think I am 3 ahead of the 100 which is good because I guarantee one of these weeks I will go on a three day chocolate/no training binge.

Mmmmm ... chocolate

===============
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damnit!

I am on pace for 100 right now, which is good because my goal is 90, so it's nice to be ahead of pace. Especially with a couple long weekends in February dedicated to snowboarding. Last year I got 88 and ran a 5k PR in day 90 or so. This year, the goal is 90+ and I am running a half-marathon right at the end of the challenge. This challenge and that race are providing a nice early season focus so as to not get too burnt out chasing races that are still 5 months away.

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did 1 hour 12 minutes and 1 second on dreadmill. Total mileage came out to 10.36 miles. First 3.1 miles was in 22 minutes 10 seconds. Second 3.1 miles was in 21 minutes 40 seconds. Third 3.1 miles was in 20 minutes 53 seconds. Rest was done in 7 minutes 14 seconds. Actually was able to get progresivelly faster as time went on. I just want to know how the heck to translate this Dreadmill Intensity onto the pavement? Just a little bit of the intensity I can do on the dreadmill . Thats all I want .

Re: Dec 15th: We're ON 100 Runs in Run Days Challenge [bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hit the trails before the heavy rains came down yesterday. I'm experimenting with my camera and took this video of one of my favorite sections - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VbM4hQdSxs - it's pretty bouncy. Has anyone else tried this or have any tips?

Dax
http://dirtyrunning.blogspot.com

Dax
http://dirtyrunning.blogspot.com
Last edited by: dax: Jan 21, 10 9:23
Quote Reply
Re: Dec 15th: We're ON 100 Runs in Run Days Challenge [dax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not really sure why you do most of your runs on treadmill because to me if you have time to run 1 hour inside than 1 hour outside is the same, I have run for forty years and probably have run on a treadmill less than 10 times. As a coach it concerns me to hear the term dreadmill because it makes running sound like a chore rather than the positive experience training should be considered. To calculate the same intensity to outside run at 1% that should compensate for running outside
Quote Reply
Re: Dec 15th: We're ON 100 Runs in Run Days Challenge [dax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Heavy rains today. Got the first dreadmill run of the challenge in.

Going to try to get another one later. So I can take a day off later.

-Jot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
" I just want to know how the heck to translate this Dreadmill Intensity onto the pavement?"

Grasp doorknob firmly and twist, walk outside. Begin to run...
Quote Reply
Re: Dec 15th: We're ON 100 Runs in Run Days Challenge [Scot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One of the reasons is early morning and not enough light to be really safe. Another is no child care so gym has a daycare for up to a hour. Also (time constraints) easy to get a spin or swim after then shower at gym. I do try to run outside weather permitting when I drop lil man off at preschool. As i did yesterday i did hill work too. I do sometimes run at a 1 - 2% grade. Like you suggest I should start doing all the time now. Truth be told it was never for a whole run though.

Quote | Reply
Lunch run in the Sun at 80 F with a breeze. Shirtless. Florida has been all over the place this year in terms of weather, and I like it.

-----------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I sympathise with the challenge, but have you thought about going to the gym, using the childcare, the showers, the bikes and the pool, but going outside for the run? I know some creches want you in the building, but if they know you and have your mobile number, they may be cool about it.

Steve
Quote Reply

Prev Next