Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Crowie
Quote | Reply
Still crushing it at 45.

Quote:
Alexander, the 3-time Ironman World Champion and 2-time Ironman 70.3 World Champion, showing no sign of decline at age 45, combined a 5th-best 22:27 swim, a race-best 2:06:55 bike split, and a race-best 1:13:08 half marathon to finish in 3:48:50.

Dude blows my mind.
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie [wcb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really proving to me now that he is much better than Macca.

For a long time they were even. but now Macca is fat and Crowie is killing it still.

Longevity.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not only athletically but as a human being! Craig can always go back to Kona and not have to look over his shoulder!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great that he still has the drive to push himself.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Crowie is showing what one can do if you never really stop. Of course he is declining, but from where he started(best in the world) his decline places are better than most current pros. Cam Brown is also leading the old guy pack, older than Crowie and still doing low 2;40's in ironmans. IT does my heart good to see such love for this sport, I had it once like that too. And there are a few more out there, Andy Potts and a few others are approaching mid 40's as well, and still factors in many of the larger pro races..
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Monty, those guys in their 40s are still kids. Let's see if they still have the passion in their 60s!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This time around in Kona I had a chance to talk to Cam Brown for a few minutes. Frankly, I know most people would be more excited to talk to some of the more current professionals but to me Cam is the ultimate. I asked him what the secret to racing at a high-level at his age-is/was. I wasn't shocked by the answer, but always interesting to hear another person say it. He really has had some impressive Ironman races at an older age.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sooooo what was the secret?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was funny seeing that pic.... It was like someone had photoshopped prime crowie into a pic with modern pros. I had to double check but the new sunglasses made it look genuine... Really great calibre!

Remember Dave Scott showing whats possible in that department 23 years ago.... running 4,45 in 1996 to get 5th at 42 years old

Ken Glah has got to have some record for performance longevity
Last edited by: lacticturkey: Apr 15, 19 22:21
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie [dunno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dunno wrote:
Sooooo what was the secret?

keeping fresh, staying mentally healthy, not pushing himself till he burns out. I can't see Lionel Sanders still doing it at 45..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
This time around in Kona I had a chance to talk to Cam Brown for a few minutes. Frankly, I know most people would be more excited to talk to some of the more current professionals but to me Cam is the ultimate. I asked him what the secret to racing at a high-level at his age-is/was. I wasn't shocked by the answer, but always interesting to hear another person say it. He really has had some impressive Ironman races at an older age.

So????

Rhymenocerus wrote:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PJC wrote:

For a long time they were even. but now Macca is fat and Crowie is killing it still.

Longevity.

Huh????? What does it prove exactly? That he wants to continue doing the sport as a Pro whereas Macca decided to pursue other goals?! I think we knew that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PJC wrote:

Longevity.
Stupid comment.

What are you judging them on?
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well for one Crowie has won more big races that Macca.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Total respect for Crowie. A true ambassador of the sport. Humble, gracious, immensely talented.

"The first virtue in a soldier is endurance of fatigue; courage is only the second virtue."
- Napoleon Bonaparte
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PJC wrote:
Well for one Crowie has won more big races that Macca.
So if that's what your point, why didn't you make it?
The comment you posted previously was nonsense.
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie [Don_W] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That sounds exactly like something he would say lol

Don_W wrote:
Total respect for Crowie. A true ambassador of the sport. Humble, gracious, immensely talented.
Last edited by: lacticturkey: Apr 16, 19 3:01
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, about someone else. Are you saying you think he's arrogant?

"The first virtue in a soldier is endurance of fatigue; courage is only the second virtue."
- Napoleon Bonaparte
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Reckon there are some young neo pro’s floating around not happy seeing a bloke twice their age front up at the same races and take the spoils of war.

All respect to Crowie!
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably because it was obvious.

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie [mknight84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mknight84 wrote:
Probably because it was obvious.

i think farris' mum would agree with you lol

but surely its not obvious .

macca won everything from itu oly world champ to kona as well as roth frankfurt etc
crowie certainly better as a lat bloomer but then macca has won by far more races in his younger career where crowie was kind of marginally above patrick lange level while macca was world class.

you can like macca or not but i guess its fair to say superleague is one of the best things happening in triathlon and he plays an important role in this
no doubt most mums would prefer crowie as son in law , but macca did make tri more interesting .

i think in their own way they are 2 greats in the sport.

btw in the poll i feel like the name rob barell is missing. and potentially fernada keller
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie [Don_W] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, absolutely not arrogant... He is a solid guy with impeccable manners even when his peers werent and trying to pull him to thier level.... Thats respect!

Your wording was just typically diplomatic and respectful style he might use... Toward others... So a funny coincidence or to imagine him typing that under an alias on st about himself... Funny because absurdly out of character and paradoxical
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The man is a legend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:

I feel that Cam is one of the more under appreciated competitors. What he has done, how high of a level he has competed at, and for how long is just amazing. He's a machine.

Speaking of TG, have you "retired"? Taking a break?
Quote Reply

Prev Next