Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
I don't know where those stack numbers came from, but I can clarify for you
The minimum stack of the bar on its own is 47.5mm including cushion
The stack of the stem is 12mm (+- a tiny bit if your HTA not 72.5deg)
So the minimum total stack is 59.5mm from the base of the stem. Add the headset cover to get stack from the top of the frame.

Actually, looking at it I think someone has calculated the comparative stack. So the min bar stack would be ~25mm if using a -6deg stem.

The reach values have been given relative to the frame xy point. So 21mm behind the frame reach through to 92 in front. That should really be explained on the page.
If you want the values for bar only the max setback is 91mm (to rear of pad).

Hope that helps

Do you know how Simon Yates was able to mout the Extensions below the Basebar and how much Stack ist the Result of it?

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/...66_yatesindexafp.jpg
Last edited by: captain hook: Jan 24, 19 3:32
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [captain hook] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
probably a one off from the mechanic.

captain hook wrote:
cyclenutnz wrote:
I don't know where those stack numbers came from, but I can clarify for you
The minimum stack of the bar on its own is 47.5mm including cushion
The stack of the stem is 12mm (+- a tiny bit if your HTA not 72.5deg)
So the minimum total stack is 59.5mm from the base of the stem. Add the headset cover to get stack from the top of the frame.

Actually, looking at it I think someone has calculated the comparative stack. So the min bar stack would be ~25mm if using a -6deg stem.

The reach values have been given relative to the frame xy point. So 21mm behind the frame reach through to 92 in front. That should really be explained on the page.
If you want the values for bar only the max setback is 91mm (to rear of pad).

Hope that helps

Do you know how Simon Yates was able to mout the Extensions below the Basebar and how much Stack ist the Result of it?

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nah, Ali Brownlee and Jodie Swallow have done this to their Plasmas as well.

I haven’t seen it in personal but my guess is here:

Place arm pads on top of base bar over the pass through holes. Place the bolts through the arm pads and base bar holes, and thread them into the extension clamps that are now upside down under the base bar.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know it's been done but IIRC someone in the know said that it's not mechanically sound... hence the "one-off" comment. I'd be curious to see exactly how they did it.

E

doublea334 wrote:

Place arm pads on top of base bar over the pass through holes. Place the bolts through the arm pads and base bar holes, and thread them into the extension clamps that are now upside down under the base bar.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Last edited by: ericMPro: Jan 24, 19 6:33
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
doublea334 wrote:

I´ve done so at an TM06 Frameset (integrated Aerobar). But i´ve seen Pictures from the Aeria Ultimate showing a flat area on the top of the bar (for mounting the extensionsclamp) and coutersunked skrews from the downside (and no flat area).
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [captain hook] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Flip the basebar over?

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
captain hook wrote:

The Scott bar is not the Aeria Ultimate. It is similar to the original Aeria.
The Aeria Ultimate can't do undermount as it has specific moulding for the bracket interface on the top side and bolt holes on the underside.

The Plasma 5 bar has had two variants of the bracket - one with a wing for pad mounting and one without.
So I suspect that anyone doing undermount is using the non wing variant and bolting from the armpads through to the bracket underneath.
That's not a tested use case for the bar and would require countersunk bolts which are weaker than the specified bolts, so it is not recommended.
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Because the Aeria can't undermount, I ended up going with the 3T Vola along with the Aeria stem/bottle to reach my stack dimension. What I didn't realize until now is that the cable routing goes through the bar clamp. Is there a way to route the front brake to the center pull exit? I don't mind drilling a hole in the side of the stem but would prefer not to do that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In the instruction sheet I see the following about a bolt chart -- where can I find that? Actually, all I really need to know is whether I should be using different length bolts if I am tilting the bars to a great degree? It's hard to tell how much of the bolt is actually being threaded, so wanted to make sure. At the shop, they put in different size bolts for front versus rear, which made sense, but wanted the official word since I'll be adjusting things anyway.

(https://cdn.shopify.com/...?8636367106269040265 )

4. Aerobar bracket riser kits are included to increase the armrest height. Choose the amount of height increase needed and corresponding bolts using the attached chart.
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [brbbiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used the same length bolts. There was plenty of length. The bolts are packaged together in a bag so I'm pretty sure they were meant to be used together. That stated, I see no harm in using 5mm longer in the front to compensate for the tilt rise but that's assuming the bolts end up flush.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I think you're probably right. With no tilt, different sized bolts did not work, even with just the next longest. So it would seem odd to have to change the bolts depending on the degree of tilt. Would prefer to just keep it simple anyway :)
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used the same length as well. I cant swear that is correct but I didn’t have any issues
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone successfully routed the front brake through the center-pull exit of the stem with a non-Aeria bar?
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where are you guys that are using the aeria hydration positioning the garmins? Do you use that arc in the front of the "bottle" or cut that and mount the garmin elsewhere?
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [Jonny89] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's no need to cut it. It comes with two caps, one with and one without the mount.

I don't use a Garmin. The 935 gives me all the info I need. But if I did use a separate head unit, I would use something like a k-edge mount and mount it between my extensions
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a medium transition frame in Auckland if you wish to borrow it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
Finally have the stem, bottle, and eTap blips/clics/wires and Torhans Bento X installed as best I can. Had to do some dremel work on the Dimond Aero Box to fit the clic/blip wires to guide them into the Bento X. The Blip Box is in the Bento X.

Quote:

My bottle sticks to the left just like this one. Base bar is perfectly centered yet the bottle is touching my left pad cradle and there's space next to the other. Also tried repositioning the bottle mount bracket but it has no wiggle room to change the angle. Has anyone else with this issue been able to remedy it?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The engineers are working on that alignment issue, aiming to have a solution soon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good to hear. Will it be something that can be applied for past customers or only for production going forward?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The goal is definitely to be able to help existing customers. What that will mean I can't speculate on at this point.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any issue running the furthest reach configuration (I.e., the least amount of overlap of armrest and basebar mount)?

Last edited by: brbbiking: Mar 4, 19 16:54
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [brbbiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brbbiking wrote:
Any issue running the furthest reach configuration (I.e., the least amount of overlap of armrest and basebar mount)?

There is no issue. The armrests have been tested in all of the extreme configurations.
The standard bolt set up is in line with extensions, having the bolts side by side in the extreme forward and rear positions has also passed testing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for confirming! It felt solid even in this config.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
brbbiking wrote:

There is no issue. The armrests have been tested in all of the extreme configurations.
The standard bolt set up is in line with extensions, having the bolts side by side in the extreme forward and rear positions has also passed testing.

Also does that work with the new Race cups? I am also running an extreme configuration and I switched from the F40 (way too wide for me) to the Race, and as far as I remember the F40 cup is aluminum vs the Race being plastic.

Another question, is there any way to reverse the aerobar bracket attachement? That way instead of relying on just one set of bolts it would overlap on two sets. From what I see it would theoretically work, but then the tilting would be limited and it might not be recommended.

Lastly, do you have a readable chart of all the possible configurations with both the 70 and 100mm Aeria Ultimate stems? I find Profile Design website documentation pretty poor, especially when comparing with TriRig Alpha X awesome configurator...
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [karmakomae] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
karmakomae wrote:

Also does that work with the new Race cups? I am also running an extreme configuration and I switched from the F40 (way too wide for me) to the Race, and as far as I remember the F40 cup is aluminum vs the Race being plastic.

My engineers made a video of driving over the Race cup with a 4x4 to prove the toughness of the material. That was just for fun - the real testing is a bit more involved and structured. Yes, the Race cup is fine in the extreme positions.
Quote:

Another question, is there any way to reverse the aerobar bracket attachement? That way instead of relying on just one set of bolts it would overlap on two sets. From what I see it would theoretically work, but then the tilting would be limited and it might not be recommended.

The tilt wouldn't work at all unless you modified the spacers. Which is, of course, not recommended and would void the warranty

Quote:
Lastly, do you have a readable chart of all the possible configurations with both the 70 and 100mm Aeria Ultimate stems? I find Profile Design website documentation pretty poor, especially when comparing with TriRig Alpha X awesome configurator...

The site is pretty poor for fit info, slowly improving that. You'll learn more from the fit guide I wrote for Wilier although it's not that helpful for other bikes. If you read the instructions in that document you will be able to use the tables below. With the exception that the AU tables are based on cockpit XY - the metrics from frame XY to pad XY (rear, incl cushion). So if you have a target Pad XY and and known Frame XY you can work out the Cockpit XY.

Static XY charts are pretty limiting for dealing with tilt. Tririg calculator is really good but the Y gets thrown out as soon as you tilt.

Last edited by: cyclenutnz: Mar 6, 19 12:16
Quote Reply

Prev Next