Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [Trifecta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hahahaha!

"It's too dangerous and expensive to ride with d*ckheads" -tridork

Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [NeverEnough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So he is aware of the thread yet he remains silent? That in itself speaks volumes.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [NeverEnough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw that on the bridge and had to do a double take! Looked like a huge water balloon full of crap exploded on the concrete wall.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [p2k2001] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"So he is aware of the thread yet he remains silent? That in itself speaks volumes."

He's probably too pissed off to post.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
p2k2001 wrote:
So he is aware of the thread yet he remains silent? That in itself speaks volumes.

You mean like ounces or maybe even a liter or more?
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [7ofClubs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
7ofClubs wrote:
I could not care less about piss in the tent but as a participant of IM Chatt I want to know who SHIT on the overpass wall by the blue water tower. That I have a problem with.

That was me, sorry, the change tent was occupied.

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kdw wrote:
"So he is aware of the thread yet he remains silent? That in itself speaks volumes."

He's probably too pissed off to post.

And thinking to himself "Barrett, urine a lot of trouble..."
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [~C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
~C wrote:
If you read the entire post it details the attempts that have been made to contact WTC and the contact with USAT on this. Its not as if they just called him out on the board with no attempt at any other communication.

Fair enough, I guess I missed that. Even so, I personally would not have named him here. Maybe the WTC and USAT needs a little time to work the matter, it will be interesting to se if they do anything. I think the same discussion that has taken place could have been done without the name and resulting public ridicule (depending on opinions). People make mistakes in judgment all the time, but that does not always need to be made public to the internet/ST/world. Just my opinion.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [Ty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ty wrote:
Smoking in a tent wrong. So what is your point? Comparing gauche behavior? Urinating in a changing tent is unacceptable regardless. Especially when there were bathrooms right there. This guy was wrong. He created a safety hazard for other competitors and was inconsiderate beyond belief.

The guy should have at the least received a penalty and at best DQ'd. If athletes can't act like human beings, if their race in their mind supersedes all else, or if his brain was "too red-lined" as someone suggested then I suggest that he might want to find a new profession.
This guy is supposedly doing his job. Would it be acceptable for a professional basketball player to urinate while sitting on the bench?

Sure, basketball players have been known to do it during games where they don't have enough time to remove themselves to the locker room; perhaps not "often" but not THAT uncommon either... the protocol differs a bit, though ~ just grab one of the ubiquitous 'sweat' towels and stuff it down the front of your shorts to soak things up as needed, then dispose of the towel just like all the other sweaty/dirty towels they go through in bulk during games. When done in a huddle during a TO or at the end of the bench area away from the action, it's typically pretty inconspicuous and usually goes unnoticed (although surely you can find a youtube clip of it somewhere if you cared enough to try).

Obviously if they dribbled it all over the floor where everyone else had to run through it = very different scenario.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [Biggs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Biggs wrote:
micaza75 wrote:
its only urine. dogs pee all over the place. beach, parks and nobody has any issues. a human pees and its a catastrophe!!

get real.

Dogs also screw all over the place....beaches, parks, etc. So according to your logic, that's okay for human behavior also??? Why don't you get real?

Quick, somebody call Wade Blasingame!

https://screen.yahoo.com/...-wade-000000326.html
Last edited by: OneGoodLeg: Oct 10, 14 11:19
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [jjabr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hangs in the tent in Kona

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
p2k2001 wrote:

Man, there sure are a lot of people making a lot of assumptions with out knowing any of the facts. Maybe he was ASKED to not comment yet, has THAT ever occurred to anyone? Why don't we let the process take its course before the Salem Witch trials start.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [LSUfan4444] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LSUfan4444 wrote:
Hangs in the tent in Kona

Q: If you are Russian into the transition tent and Russian out of the tent, what are you while in the tent?

A: European
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri_yoda wrote:
G-man wrote:
I love the logic here. It is ok for all 100 swimmers to pee in the pool (according to countless ST threads). Where you slosh around in it, get it in your mouth, eyes, nose and swallow some. But one guy pees on the ground where it sinks into the soil and 3/4 of the STers think that is just gross that they have to run over it.

You understand adverse selection right?
A minority of people think its okay to pee in the pool, but they happen to be very vocal about it, so it would appear to be acceptable if you read the threads.
I consider it completely unacceptable and have never done it, but also never bother to participate in threads about it.
I'll admit I peed in my wetsuit one time in like 50 races, it was kind of an emergency and I couldn't do anything else. I am still embarrassed that I did it.

However, I don't know of any other sport where there are so many stories about peeing in the pool, peeing yourself in the bike, peeing in chairs in changing tents.

I mean seriously, do people here ever take a look in the mirror and think about having some freaking self respect?
I did one IM, I stopped 3 times on the bike to pee in a portajohn, but people here convince themselves it is worth peeing
on yourself or on a chair to save 2 minutes in a 12 hour race. Truly the land of narcissists.

I bet close to half of the peeps on ST pee in the pool. Some who support it may be doing so just for attention (trolls). God knows ST is loaded with trolls. It really doesn't give triathletes a good image if we need to be told NOT to pee in the changing tent. The fact that some grown adult has to be told that is very very disturbing.

My view about peeing in the pool or peeing anywhere other than a bathroom or other actually facility comes down to your point about looking in the mirror. I just have too much respect for other people to pee in the pool, pee in the shower, pee in the changing tent (granted I never knew this was a thing), etc. I have too much self respect to pee on myself under any conditions short of life threatening. It's just something I'd expect mature adults to understand.

Quote | Reply
TheGupster wrote:
tri_yoda wrote:
G-man wrote:
I love the logic here. It is ok for all 100 swimmers to pee in the pool (according to countless ST threads). Where you slosh around in it, get it in your mouth, eyes, nose and swallow some. But one guy pees on the ground where it sinks into the soil and 3/4 of the STers think that is just gross that they have to run over it.

You understand adverse selection right?
A minority of people think its okay to pee in the pool, but they happen to be very vocal about it, so it would appear to be acceptable if you read the threads.
I consider it completely unacceptable and have never done it, but also never bother to participate in threads about it.
I'll admit I peed in my wetsuit one time in like 50 races, it was kind of an emergency and I couldn't do anything else. I am still embarrassed that I did it.

However, I don't know of any other sport where there are so many stories about peeing in the pool, peeing yourself in the bike, peeing in chairs in changing tents.

I mean seriously, do people here ever take a look in the mirror and think about having some freaking self respect?
I did one IM, I stopped 3 times on the bike to pee in a portajohn, but people here convince themselves it is worth peeing
on yourself or on a chair to save 2 minutes in a 12 hour race. Truly the land of narcissists.

I bet close to half of the peeps on ST pee in the pool. Some who support it may be doing so just for attention (trolls). God knows ST is loaded with trolls. It really doesn't give triathletes a good image if we need to be told NOT to pee in the changing tent. The fact that some grown adult has to be told that is very very disturbing.

My view about peeing in the pool or peeing anywhere other than a bathroom or other actually facility comes down to your point about looking in the mirror. I just have too much respect for other people to pee in the pool, pee in the shower, pee in the changing tent (granted I never knew this was a thing), etc. I have too much self respect to pee on myself under any conditions short of life threatening. It's just something I'd expect mature adults to understand.

Yawn......

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [micaza75] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://youtu.be/aF02roMiN5Y
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [Biggs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. 380K people didn't mind watching it. Heaven forbid some guy racing for a measly pay check!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [stringcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First, I'm amazed that there are 10 pages of comments about a guy peeing. Second, I'm amazed I read it.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [TheGupster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheGupster wrote:

Great post.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [turningscrews] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turningscrews wrote:
Thank God urine is sterile, you could drink it if you had to. Crazy fact for the day, there are greater than 1 million microorganisms in a gram of dirt; if you want a sterile changing environment, ain't gunna happen.

Urine us not sterile when it exits the body even in healthy people there is some bacteria. Assuming he isn't carrying some communicable disease he us still an embarrassment.

So, the question we should all ask in the future is, what rules do we have to follow today and does it depend on pro/amateur status or place in the race?
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [bbryant] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just read the thread...THE WHOLE THREAD...I'm now just that much dumber.

As a former middling (piddling?) pro, I have a couple of comments, neither too important:

1. I'm from Louisiana, I suppose piss bothers us less than our more genteel Tenn brethren, but had I witnessed the "offense", I would have commented "F#kin' Texas pissies!". Then I would have grabbed a coupla water bottles and diluted the area. This reduces the smell 100% more than internet bitching. Seriously yer Honor, HTFU.

2. In Kona '93-ish, I had a little trouble at the 1st bike aid station, w/concussion, profuse bleeding, broken helmet, broken seat stay, the usual. So when I start the run, I'm behind a bunch of pro chicks. I'm catching up to one on Alii Dr. at about mile5, crowds lining the street, children cheering, lovely family atmosphere, when this chick (in mid stride) reaches back, pulls her running shorts to the side, and clips off about a 10" piece of cable. The turd comes flipping out, glance off her calf and SPLAT! hits the pavement 5' in front of me, giving me just enough time to poopy-hurdle. How many people behind me also had to poopy-hurdle? And that, I think we can all agree is NOT sterile!
There were bushes, occasional port-a-potties, etc. As with the Little Pisser From Texas, spend 10secs, save your dignity.

Yes, I'm haunted still. The meds help.

-bobo

"What's good for me ain't necessarily good for the weak-minded."
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [bobo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bobo wrote:
this chick (in mid stride) reaches back, pulls her running shorts to the side, and clips off about a 10" piece of cable. The turd comes flipping out, glance off her calf and SPLAT! hits the pavement 5' in front of me, giving me just enough time to poopy-hurdle. How many people behind me also had to poopy-hurdle? And that, I think we can all agree is NOT sterile!
There were bushes, occasional port-a-potties, etc. As with the Little Pisser From Texas, spend 10secs, save your dignity.

Yes, I'm haunted still. The meds help.

-bobo

FTW!
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lifeguard pees in pool ... Jamie Kennedy Experiment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sInhzdAmrWk
Quote Reply

Prev Next