Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [david222] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
david222 wrote:
When you order a Speedmax Disc you get a document where you have some options, the website doesn't really show these options very clear I think so I uploaded the document, maybe it helps you! A Canyon employee also calls you to make these choices together with you, based on measurements (preferably a bikefit).

Click here for the PDF

HI David,

This is where the fit process went south for me. I had my X Y coordinates and was pretty sure I was right in terms of what I needed, but the Canyon employee was quite certain I was wrong, and we went with that. All good now though, just got word the new parts are fitted and ready to go!
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [Darren325] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Received my CF SLX (Di2 new blue) a couple days ago. Plan to set everything up this weekend but from my initial checks, all looks good.

My only dramas were Brexit/shipping related and not the fault of Canyon, but it was to be expected. In fact they were good with getting updates from UPS for me, beyond what it available through tracking.

Only small problem in terms of the bike is that the fitting kit had sort of dismantled itself inside the box during shipping, leaving all the black spacers missing a fair bit of paint from being thrown about with screws and other components, so will be asking for some replacements. But again, not a big problem and it doesn’t stop me riding.

So far, happy customer! Bike looks incredible.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [Brytcyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brytcyd wrote:
David - any other pics you can share? Canyon USA has held steady on 2/8 ordering date...so I'm holding my breath. I really, really like the look and the spec of the CF SLX and would've ordered already if it was available. Please, share a few more pics to tide me over...

Looked this morning, canyon has backed the dates up again to March for the cf slx and mid March for the cfr.

Canyons logistics group relies on a guy in a canoe with a bad nutrition plan....so they can't seem to figure out how long it takes to move a bike from a to b.

Starting to lose hope for them as they seem to move to goal post 2 days out every time you think a bike would become available.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [david222] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
When you order a Speedmax Disc you get a document where you have some options, the website doesn't really show these options very clear I think so I uploaded the document, maybe it helps you! A Canyon employee also calls you to make these choices together with you, based on measurements (preferably a bikefit).
Click here for the PDF
Are these options also available to U.S. customers?
Last edited by: bigsas: Feb 5, 21 5:07
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [Mbellis5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mbellis5 wrote:
Brytcyd wrote:
David - any other pics you can share? Canyon USA has held steady on 2/8 ordering date...so I'm holding my breath. I really, really like the look and the spec of the CF SLX and would've ordered already if it was available. Please, share a few more pics to tide me over...

Looked this morning, canyon has backed the dates up again to March for the cf slx and mid March for the cfr.

Canyons logistics group relies on a guy in a canoe with a bad nutrition plan....so they can't seem to figure out how long it takes to move a bike from a to b.

Starting to lose hope for them as they seem to move to goal post 2 days out every time you think a bike would become available.

FFS. I was trying to avoid buying a trainer TT bike AND a higher-end bike...off to eBay I go.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thats where I'm at as well. Very irritating.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have any inside info as to what is going on at Canyon? I understand: shipping delays, production backlog with COVID, etc.

But does anyone have concrete information as to when these bikes will actually be available?

I'm training for my first IM (race is in September) and had planned on buying a Canyon. I have a good road bike for now.

Do I keep waiting? I'm in a colder climate, so outdoor rides are unlikely before March/April anyways. Or do I give up on Canyon entirely?
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [chitriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a race April 18th and looking less and less likely It will be on a canyon disc lol. Wish they would just give an accurate date instead of screwing with peoples timelines.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [ericdelgRLS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been lurking on ST for some time now but today received my speedmax disc and so happy that i needed to share :-)

Last edited by: pesah: Feb 12, 21 7:44
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [pesah] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Beautiful!!

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [shammad10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shammad10 wrote:
Oh really? What is the price now? It is still 8.5k on the website.

I note that the XS of the bikes only come with 650c wheels. Does anyone have any ideas how that affects riding/speed etc?

650B, not 650C. Actually 650B is the same of ATB's 27.5"; they're slightly larger than 650C's (584 vs. 571 diameter; standard 700C are 622)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where did I see this before.......;-)

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [jollyroger88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right I see- any idea how do they affect speed etc? There's some conflicting stuff on the internet!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pesah wrote:
I have been lurking on ST for some time now but today received my speedmax disc and so happy that i needed to share :-)

Damn. That thing is beautiful. I'd never let it see the light of day. You know, what if it gets a scratch or something.....

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if/when the chrome blue CFR Di2 will be available in the US? Love the bike, just ready for some color on my ride.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [shammad10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have no data, but it makes sense to me that wheel size should be proportional to anything else on the bike (frame, stem, crank etc.). So I see no reason why a 160cm dude should be riding the same wheel size of a 190cm one
Last edited by: jollyroger88: Feb 15, 21 0:43
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [Alex205] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if the PM on the CF 8.0 DISC Di2 is dual or singlesided?
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [Mbellis5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just looked and the CF DI2 is now pushed back to August 8th! Good grief. Wonder how/why they could be so far off on their projected availability. Seems like a major misstep considering most of the North America race season will be over by the time the bike would ship out. I called canyon to ask why the delay and the guy just said "I don't know". Solid explanation lol.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [eyedochughes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eyedochughes wrote:
I just looked and the CF DI2 is now pushed back to August 8th! Good grief. Wonder how/why they could be so far off on their projected availability. Seems like a major misstep considering most of the North America race season will be over by the time the bike would ship out. I called canyon to ask why the delay and the guy just said "I don't know". Solid explanation lol.

if you go over to the other forum, you'll see some guy giving anthony fauci a ration of shit because he "lied" about the vaccine rollout. he said it will be "open season" on getting your vaccine in april just a week or so ago, and he just amended that to late may. regardless of what you think of fauci (not going to get into the politics of it) the answers this person got were: fauci just got an update on vaccine availability, and the projections made by the manufacturer(s) were altered, which altered fauci's timeline. this is what happens in a pandemic.

this is precisely what happens in a pandemic with bikes, too. it might be shimano. it might be carbon suppliers. it might be wheel makers, tire makers. but let me tell you what it probably is. i spoke to a large industry player day before yesterday, and it is bidding right now with shippers to get its already packed containers onto a ship, and it's paying double the normal shipping rates. once the extortion is paid and the container gets onto the ship, that ship becomes one of the dozens of ships sitting outside the port of long beach, in the queue, awaiting its unload time (some weeks later).

now, if you're on our mailing list, you'll get an email later this morning with an offer from canyon to our readers exclusively, for $1,000 off this bike. it is not the bike you want. but it did win the last several men's kona races, so it's not that bad!

i will also note that some parts suppliers are flying the parts to american OEs, like ABG (quintana roo), and this is notable because ABG does its assembly stateside. for almost all other bikes, no can do, because assembly is not done in the US; it's done in europe or in asia. it would be cost prohibitive to air freight complete bikes. i was about as frantic as i could be about the upcoming tri bike shortage when i wrote about this last fall and again in the winter. i will help as much as i can, but, this is the reality. get used to this. as a former bike maker myself, this is the ultimate "for want of a nail" industry. once a container filled with 6 months worth of wetsuit rubber fell off the container ship and into the pacific ocean. and so goes the life of a manufacturer.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reply! That was a great explanation. How do I know if im on the mailing list? If not could you add me? eyedochughe@gmail.com. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
eyedochughes wrote:

For years Canyon have always over promised on their expected delivery dates and then under delivered and had to reschedule them! Few years back was looking at getting a Speedmax CF and the date shifted from March to May to June in the few weeks I was evaluating my options. I didn't bother in the end and just put some money into my older Giant in the end.

IMO it's got little to do with Covid! If I was interested I'd wait till end of season (when they always have loads of stock) and get the current model before they launch the "new" colourways a few months into the next calendar year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CF Di2 and CF Sram Force were available for about a day, two weeks ago. Luckily I was able to grab one so they have delivered a few bikes in the states now. Seemed like a very small run.

Edit: must be talking about the CF SLX
Last edited by: ericdelgRLS: Feb 18, 21 16:13
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
eyedochughes wrote:

if you go over to the other forum, you'll see some guy giving anthony fauci a ration of shit because he "lied" about the vaccine rollout. he said it will be "open season" on getting your vaccine in april just a week or so ago, and he just amended that to late may. regardless of what you think of fauci (not going to get into the politics of it) the answers this person got were: fauci just got an update on vaccine availability, and the projections made by the manufacturer(s) were altered, which altered fauci's timeline. this is what happens in a pandemic.

this is precisely what happens in a pandemic with bikes, too. it might be shimano. it might be carbon suppliers. it might be wheel makers, tire makers. but let me tell you what it probably is. i spoke to a large industry player day before yesterday, and it is bidding right now with shippers to get its already packed containers onto a ship, and it's paying double the normal shipping rates. once the extortion is paid and the container gets onto the ship, that ship becomes one of the dozens of ships sitting outside the port of long beach, in the queue, awaiting its unload time (some weeks later).

now, if you're on our mailing list, you'll get an email later this morning with an offer from canyon to our readers exclusively, for $1,000 off this bike. it is not the bike you want. but it did win the last several men's kona races, so it's not that bad!

i will also note that some parts suppliers are flying the parts to american OEs, like ABG (quintana roo), and this is notable because ABG does its assembly stateside. for almost all other bikes, no can do, because assembly is not done in the US; it's done in europe or in asia. it would be cost prohibitive to air freight complete bikes. i was about as frantic as i could be about the upcoming tri bike shortage when i wrote about this last fall and again in the winter. i will help as much as i can, but, this is the reality. get used to this. as a former bike maker myself, this is the ultimate "for want of a nail" industry. once a container filled with 6 months worth of wetsuit rubber fell off the container ship and into the pacific ocean. and so goes the life of a manufacturer.

And yet every other consumer good seem to be largely unaffected. The company I work for regularly gets containers of goods and has experienced no supply issues? So is it a manufacturing issue or a shipping issue?
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [dunno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dunno wrote:

And yet every other consumer good seem to be largely unaffected. The company I work for regularly gets containers of goods and has experienced no supply issues? So is it a manufacturing issue or a shipping issue?

Both, there are a number of suppliers of relatively important parts (brakes and suspension forks as an example) out to two year lead times. Demand for bikes is unprecedented.
Your company is either lucky or has strong relationships that shipping is not a problem.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
dunno wrote:

Both, there are a number of suppliers of relatively important parts (brakes and suspension forks as an example) out to two year lead times. Demand for bikes is unprecedented.
Your company is either lucky or has strong relationships that shipping is not a problem.

So it would seem the issues isn't so much shipping but manufacturing? If this is the case then it is absolutely inexcusable that the cycle industry isn't able to ramp up. Bikes are extremely low tech in comparison to just about everything else in our lives-imagine being told you wouldn't be able to buy a new TV/laptop/smart phone for at least 6-12 months...I've noticed little to no supply issues there despite TV's and laptops selling at record numbers
Last edited by: dunno: Feb 18, 21 16:46
Quote Reply

Prev Next