Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [JE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My best guess is that the funny shape top tube is the top tube plus a wedge storage box that cleans up the top tube=head tube transition.

In terms of the down tube the bike looks Di2 so I wonder if that is where they are hiding the electronic gubbins. They wouldn't be the first to come this solution and it may have given them more freedom when designing the front end of the bike. What would be real neat is if alongside the electronics there was a hydraulic hose quick connector so you could really play around with the front end without having to re-bleed the brakes. I don't think that is possible though unless the front brake cable loops around.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Waddup crew! I've been eagerly following this thread along with anything on social media and have put the speculation together with my thoughts on a video here

(Not another bloody YouTuber)
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [JE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
.. there is a video at .. https://www.instagram.com/laura_philipp_tri/ .. and in her stories .. https://www.instagram.com/...2442405063541524265/ .. wheels [and no discs] for braking ..

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [sausskross] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Her latest instagram video is the old model.
In the story, she's (probably) riding the new one, which is hidden below the towel, and the old model is in plain sight.

https://besse.info/
https://www.strava.com/athletes/2012033
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [jcbesse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
.. ok .. thanks for the info .. maybe I'll see her on the road after the 17th [some where she wrote that's the official day] ..

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [sausskross] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nov 17 is the announcement date indeed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJQT8sv4UDQ (was mentioned on page 3 of this thread already)

https://besse.info/
https://www.strava.com/athletes/2012033
Last edited by: jcbesse: Nov 14, 20 12:26
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Yeah I get it. Everyone's needs are different. If there was an option where you could do either/or, I think that would satisfy everyone.

As mentioned, the Trinity does this. As do the existing Speedmax, Aerium, and Plasma. They are all designed to clean up nicely without the bottles/nutrition storage in place.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
stevej wrote:
Yeah I get it. Everyone's needs are different. If there was an option where you could do either/or, I think that would satisfy everyone.

As mentioned, the Trinity does this. As do the existing Speedmax, Aerium, and Plasma. They are all designed to clean up nicely without the bottles/nutrition storage in place.

Can you easily mount a standard bottle bta? And does removing the integrated bottle negatively affect drag or is it drag neutral?

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Canyon’s latest Instagram post has a new view of the side profile of the bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
BigBoyND wrote:
stevej wrote:

Can you easily mount a standard bottle bta? And does removing the integrated bottle negatively affect drag or is it drag neutral?

Yes, they have standard extensions and there's nothing in the way of mounting standard BTA.

Removing them is, at worst, drag neutral. Cube, for example cites a minimal % drag increase by using their system. They're likely all faster than a standard BTA though. If you're worried about drag, use their system.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Screenshot taken from Canyon's last Instagram story (the original picture is blurred). It clearly seems to me that integrated hydration or an integrated storage box will take place at the beginning of the top tube.

It also seems rather close to the prototype picture that could be found on the web some years ago.
Last edited by: Rainbow_Warrior: Nov 16, 20 10:56
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [Rainbow_Warrior] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can someone please explain to me why would i need disc brakes?? Like seriously - WHY??? Of course other than the need to buy all new wheels, disc, etc. Oh, silly me...
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [triprem] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triprem wrote:
Can someone please explain to me why would i need disc brakes?? Like seriously - WHY??? Of course other than the need to buy all new wheels, disc, etc. Oh, silly me...

Can someone say that this question is no longer allowed to ask......;-)

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TRIPRO wrote:
triprem wrote:

Can someone say that this question is no longer allowed to ask......;-)

Jeroen

At least it's not calling carbon shoes doping on EVERY SINGLE POST ;)

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe I am in the market for a new tri bike. Possibly I want to future proof my purchase and have a wheelset that will be transferable to other bikes. Disc brakes have been on MTB's for 3 decades now. They are pretty much all you will get from now on new road bikes. Quite simply they are far superior to rim brakes. Disc brakes on tri bikes are opening up new design options for aero wheels. Time for people to get over the x watt penalty if there is one and realise there will be gains elsewhere.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
triprem wrote:

Go on. I'll bite.
When it pisses down every other day, and there's a hundred corners you need to brake for (inc many near-dead-stop junctions) and the route has 100+ of 112 on open roads, and you know the braking on most carbon rims is the wet is utter shiiite, then you'll know the benefit of discs.

I'll save WAAAAY more time with good reliable brakes in these crappy conditions than any amount of aero gains from an uber bike.

I do agree however that if you're in Arizona and have 4x 90 degree bends in 112 miles on a shitboring course, then they aren't needed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
triprem wrote:

You don't. So don't buy a bike with disc brakes or keep the one you have.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
triprem wrote:

Have you ever ridden disc brakes. They’re better. The modulate better. They require less finger tension which keeps your hands/arms more relaxed on long descents. The allow for more radical wheel designs like the new Roval Rapide which is the most amazing wheel set I’ve ever ridden.

Maybe you can’t afford to upgrade all your kit. That’s too bad. But seriously, pull your head out of your ass.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [wintershade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since Canyon are a GCN sponsor they have a teaser clip up that shows the cockpit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
so you can run wider tires and wider wheels. if you still run latex its nice to not pop your tires on a steep hill. Yes I have done it before with latex.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:
The thing is a rocket!

After taking it out of the box and riding around the parking lot lionels first words when he rolled up was “I’m going to f$@in destroy these guys”. Night and day difference.

SOOOOO when do I get to buy this bike!!! Mentally my money is already gone.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
triprem wrote:

You dont!..... But I do :-)

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [Alex205] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.canyon.com/en-gb/road-bikes/triathlon-bikes/speedmax/

Details on the Canyon website already

Highlights:
  • Completely adjustable bars - u shaped and can adjust length, angle and width easily
  • 9 watts faster than previous model. SL claimed to be as fast as previous SLX.
  • Hydration (750ml) and bento are both integrated into the top tube for CFR/SLX - looks like it will avoid spilling etc and is really smart with the bladder
  • Bento on top of toptube and tool storage in top tube for CF
  • Bottom bracket toolbox for CFR/SLX is completely integrated to the frame while on the CF it is more of a 'add-on'
  • SLX weighs 9.4kg vs 8.7kg for previous model
  • Retail prices: CFR ÂŁ10,299, SLX ÂŁ8/9k depending on Di2 or Sram, CF - ÂŁ4/6k depending on components

Last edited by: hjws: Nov 17, 20 1:48
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax Disc [hjws] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Canyon really.knows how to marketing holy hell. The other companies are light years behind
Quote Reply

Prev Next