Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ask Me Anything About Ironman Mont-Tremblant 2015 [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So a cycling speed suit? Size?

Rappstar wrote:
ktm520 wrote:
Congrats! Cool following you online yesterday and nice swim!

1) Dimond feedback for long course?
2) How did you pace your run knowing you has such a lead?
3) How was the trisuit? Was it a PI?

Cheers.

1) Awesome. it's really a very "normal" bike. It looks much stranger than it rides. I mean that as a compliment.

2) Race the first loop. Steady the second loop.

3) Great. Louis Garneau Course. Much better for triathlon than the Octane in my experience with both. Both are VERY fast aerodynamically. But the LG is more comfortable all around. For me.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Ask Me Anything About Ironman Mont-Tremblant 2015 [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't remember if this is the year that you were not going to Kona or if that was last year. So... going to Kona?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations! Here's hoping for many more.

How aware were you of things going on behind you during bike?

You look very lean and mean. Did you race yesterday at a lighter weight than at other recent races?
Quote Reply
Re: Ask Me Anything About Ironman Mont-Tremblant 2015 [Pancks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great race! Congrats! What was your nutrition plan on race day?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats, I was pulling for you.

1) I fear you've probably answered this before, but why didn't you run a disc?
2) Did you change anything in your swim training?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Ask Me Anything About Ironman Mont-Tremblant 2015 [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mbwallis wrote:
Congrats, I was pulling for you.

1) I fear you've probably answered this before, but why didn't you run a disc?

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Ask Me Anything About Ironman Mont-Tremblant 2015 [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Argh, thanks. I could have sworn I saw a picture of him on my phone without a disc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rappstar wrote:
Tom A. wrote:
Since you've "calibrated" your travel pump, why not just report the "true" pressure?

Nice work, Tiger :-)

Something in me feels compelled to post what I see on the dial... I guess because for a long time I didn't know my Lezyne was off?

Interesting that you mention it's a Lezyne. My own Lezyne travel pump apparently also reads ~5psi high.

To be honest, I only posed that question so I could legitimately post to this AMA thread and congratulate you :-)

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Ask Me Anything About Ironman Mont-Tremblant 2015 [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mbwallis wrote:
Argh, thanks. I could have sworn I saw a picture of him on my phone without a disc.

I was starting to think you were asking about brakes ;-)

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nothing to ask really...

Just happy for you. After the last few "soul baring" blog posts, I'm glad it clicked for you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rappstar wrote:
Timtek wrote:
Congrats on your race day performance!

In the past, I've read that you ride your numbers rather closely. Can you talk a bit about the power you decided to hold yesterday?

Somewhere around halfway through the bike course, I felt you had it wrapped up when Lionel was not making up time on your bike split (and he'd mentioned pre-race he too was going to ride his numbers).

For the first loop, I wanted to base around 300. I knew with congestion, the second lap would be harder to have "clean" pacing. I knew somewhere in the low-to-mid 290s was doable.

Average power was 282. Pnorm was 292. Average certainly would have been higher - Pnorm probably about the same - if I was able to ride two loops without AG traffic.

Well, you looked superb on the bike and needless to say-the power you choose to ride at was good enough to have the fastest split of the day.

As a follow up question, is your pre-race goal power number something you hit every race? I'm always interested in the nitty-gritty stuff on how those races are won.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Ask Me Anything About Ironman Mont-Tremblant 2015 [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom A. wrote:
mbwallis wrote:

I was starting to think you were asking about brakes ;-)

Haha, no I really hope that argument stays confined to that other thread.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My questions:

• On the TRS interview you said you were in the best shape of your life but something along the lines of "in between 2012 and now you thought the same a few times, but you body did not do on race day what it used to in 2012". What do you think changed. Was it mental or more physical
  • With your kids being older, are you getting more sleep than say early in 2014
  • Some of your wins were in really hot and humid conditions....Texas, NYC, Tremblant and also a top 15 in Kona + super hot dry Penticton. It seems you have the body type (high surface to volume ratio) to handle that well. bIt seems your pace literally does not change in the heat, whereas if I look at someone like Lionel, I can almost predict that his hit tolerance will not be as good as yours. But you also had some wins/good races in cooler temps in Arizona
  • What were the changes to your swim prep
  • Will you go to Kona if assuming you end up in KPR50 (please say yes, and no don't feel you need to answer it on this forum).

I just wanted to post this picture from the ironman.com video:

Last edited by: devashish_paul: Aug 17, 15 12:18
Quote Reply
Re: Ask Me Anything About Ironman Mont-Tremblant 2015 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What did your nutrition plan look like? Also congrats, god to see you back in form.
Quote Reply
Re: Ask Me Anything About Ironman Mont-Tremblant 2015 [PUTU] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats! Nice execution.

question about the wheels, do you have any idea if any pro was riding tubeless wheels,
and given your academic background, do you have any opinion on those?
thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What do you eat during the race and is calorie imput count more important than feeling hunger during the race.

2017 Cervelo P2
2017 Cervelo S2
itraininla.com
#itraininla
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations on a great race

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is Jordan Rapp back?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm curious how your swim training has changed since you've started working with Joel? Still swimming with the kids? What's the typical kind of work you're doing in the pool?

If you would've had another mediocre swim... say coming out of the water with Lionel, do you think it would set up the day in the same way... could you have rode the your potential?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just want to say congratulations.

It was great to watch your "comeback".

Chris Harris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice swim. Do you know your 500y pool time right now? Or similar time trial? Are you doing Finding Freestyle on the side?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) I'm assuming Latex tubes? Vittoria?
2) Was your tire choice simply CRR data driven? Do you know how these compare to the Continental TT?
3) Has your nutrition changed much since years past? I remember it being pretty typical (EFS) but an insane amount of salt tabs.
4) I know I can look this up to see your pace but what is "steady" running? i.e. pace, RPE and comparison to your "long run" speed?
5) Are you still typically riding a road bike in training or has that philosophy changed?
Last edited by: BrentwoodTriGuy: Aug 17, 15 12:22
Quote Reply
Re: Ask Me Anything About Ironman Mont-Tremblant 2015 [BrentwoodTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rappstar, nice work out there. You look great on the Dimond. I wish I could afford one of those!

I have a question for you as one of the thinner pro triathletes in the field. I am 6'4 and only 155lbs. I really struggle to put on muscle mass. When I get unfit I actually loose muscle and weight.

Do you feel the lack of muscle mass it is a limiter for you? I feel like I could do with a bit more strength in the upper body for the swim and that more core strength would limit injury risk on the run. I would like to hear your views on being (really) thin and how to optimise performances in triathlon with an excessively lean body type.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, great race!!! You had the 7th fastest swim overall with a 51:33, only 2:17 behind Brian Fleishmann's 49:16. This must be one of your best iron swims ever, maybe your fastest iron swim??? As others have asked, have you changed anything about your swim training, or did it all just finally come together??? Current 500 scy time??? In any event, great swim and great race!!!

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rappstar wrote:
Tires were S-Works Turbo Cotton 24 front (110psi) & 26 rear (105psi). Caveat on the pressure. My travel pump reads about 5psi high vs. my Silca Pista, so that's why I inflate a bit more. With the Silca, I'd go just over 105 in the front and just over 100 in the rear.

Maybe not as much a question but a comment--you seem very detail oriented (self proclaimed in your blog). Is there a reason you don't use a pressure gauge for tire inflation rather than relying on whatever gauge is on whatever pump you use?
Quote Reply

Prev Next