Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
2XU.... Poor Quality?
Quote | Reply
Just bought a 2XU tri top and after one event the silkscreened lettering is already falling off. Now it's looking ghetto right out of the gate-- I haven't even washed it yet and it's already having problems. I've emailed them and not surprisingly have gotten zero response. I also have a pair of their bike shorts and compression tights. The tights are ok but the bike shorts have lost much of their compression after just a few months.

Feels like 2XU is a popular brand but I haven't been impressed with their quality. Anyone have a similar experience or am I an outlier?
Quote Reply
Re: 2XU.... Poor Quality? [kurkomat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, their stuff tends to degrade quickly. A V:1 wetsuit, tri shorts, and compression tights have all been victims of poor quality. I almost never recommend it. Go with B70 apparel; it's the sh*t.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a the same experience. Their stuff do not last very long, or you can also say they are very delicate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2XU compression is very weak compared to the Zoot and CEP stuff I have. But if you can find it heavily discounted, it's worth it for something that's easy to put on in the back of a car while you're traveling the country and provide some increased bloodflow thru the legs on long drives.

-Bryan Journey
Travel Blog | Training Blog | Facebook Page
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 2XU top I purchased last year. I pretty much wear it once every week or every other week, and throw it in the washer and dryer. I've never had any issues with fading or quality.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
never bought it cuz it felt cheap and overpriced

jaretj
Quote Reply
Re: 2XU.... Poor Quality? [golfer17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CEP is good? I'm definately adding that to my shopping cart.

In regards to the OP please pm me and I'll see who I can put you in touch with. I have some friends who work at 2xu and generally have been treated super well by their customer service department. Including a replacement trisuit when mine went downhill, after about 20 races.
Quote Reply
Re: 2XU.... Poor Quality? [golfer17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What type of cep compression products do you use for recovery...per running warehouse all I see is active compression.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This happened to me once too--lettering peeled off after trying my shorts on (had ordered from their website). I found a 2xu rep here on ST and they replaced it right away. I've had the shorts now for 2 years with no issues.

Give 'em a chance to make it right for you. I really like their stuff.

Riding the Awesome Train With: Dark Horse Coaching
Quote Reply
Re: 2XU.... Poor Quality? [ChromeMobius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
on the one hand the letters fell off pretty quick(3/4 uses) on the other hand the suit itself is fine (2 years) and is ok, glad its that way round
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 2XU top and had the same issue with the letters falling off almost immediately. That being said, they've been completely gone for over a year now and the top still feels fine in every other way.

I disagree, I have had great luck with my 2XU. I did once have an issue because I purchased the wrong size but one of the reps that was in the expo helped me correct the problem and now I am very happy. They have great customer service.
Quote Reply
Re: 2XU.... Poor Quality? [TriMasterLover] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My problem was caused because the lettering was non stretchy and so when the suit flexed it caused the lettering to peel. to be honest its cosmetic so not sure that they should need to replace it even if you asked, its only going to come off again.
Quote Reply
Re: 2XU.... Poor Quality? [cjathey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The zoot and cep compression sock are the exact same thing.

Quote | Reply
Maybe it's the recent stuff?

I have a tri suit from about 3 years ago and looks and feels the same way it did when I got it. I also have some cold weather running tights (2 years old) that are fine. One caveat on the tights, they don't get worn much. I live on the west coast.

Sorry to hear about your issues. I have some Skins stuff that's great. Everyone here raves about De Soto as well although I haven't had any experience that would cause me to recommend them.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sure not my experience. I've been very satisfied with the 2XU stuff I've purchased. It has held up very well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmm...I've had many 2xu items over the years, two of their 1-piece race suits, 2 pairs of shorts, their compression socks, etc. Here's my experience:

The silkscreening came off, but only after MANY uses. The big 2XU logo came off before the little words that were printed on there. On my newer race suit, that stuff only started to peel a bit after about 2 seasons or ~15 races, on the previous race suit it came off after about 5 races. The silkscreening is now peeling off my older pair of shorts, which I've worn probably 200 times since I bought them. Newest shorts have no signs of peeling yet after ~50 uses. Socks are sublimated so no issues there.

I think they make good stuff. I guess there's always the possibility that you were stretching out the suit more than it was intended to be. Stretch is the enemy of silkscreened logos. The more you tug and pull the suit in different directions to put it on, and the more the suit is stretched after you put it on, the quicker the printing will come off. As far as the compression shorts are concerned, are you sure your quad circumference has not decreased? The compression gear companies don't really emphasize enough that the amount of compression you'll get out of their product is dependent on the size of your appendages...(i.e if you're getting in better shape and shedding fat then perhaps the compression is decreasing because your quad size is decreasing...) I guess the fact that the tights are ok kinda rules this theory out as a possibility though...

I tweet!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tested a number of their recent compression pieces for an article I wrote onthe effectiveness of compression and had no issues.

I've used the brand prior to that and had some of the heat transfer logos come off after pretty rough laundering and use, but the garment remained entirely fine- and I do not generally follow wash instructions; it all goes in the same load, on hot, cheapest detergent and into the dryer. I'm a laundry nightmare.

My expriences witht the brand have overall been quite good.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been using some 2XU stuff including a wetsuit since it came out in this country. I have always been happy.

YMMV I guess!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You must have a bad batch or something like that. I am still using some 2XU tri shorts that are 4 years old and still in great shape. Contact them and let them know your issue. I just cant believe they would consciously put out an inferior product.

Owner of a few Speed Concepts since 2011.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my n=1, i have a pair of their high end cycling shorts and the reflective piping on the leg came off after the FIRST washing!

perhaps that's the exception and not the rule with their gear but i won't be buying any more 2XU items.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Michael in Fresno
"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man" V. Corleone
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had the same problem with 2011 active tri short--2XU lettering peeling off after only two uses. No problem with 2009 or 2010 garments.

And as an aside, the 2011 redesign of the women's comp tri short stinks. New design has four pockets that only add drag on the swim, and changed from a nice fleece chamois to a yucky foam chamois.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2xu has the worst fabric out of any tri gear ive tried. not only does the clothing feel like youre wearing a plastic bag, the "compression" is a complete joke. on top of it all, its the one of the most pricey pieces of clothing you can buy.

for quality fabrics, try desoto. only problem with desoto is that the cut does not cater to the thinner guys like myself.

tyr carbon- feels quite nice but cannot speak to the durability
blueseventy- very high quality but doesnt last as long as desoto, fits the tall and skinny.
Last edited by: SeasonsChange: Oct 10, 11 19:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Been using 2XU for a couple of years, still have some tops and shorts I bought originally and the stuff is still going strong. All goes in the washing machine, spin drier etc – absolutely no issues. Sure some decals do wear eventually, but only after many, many uses. Also, no complaints about the fabric either. Their gear is top quality, just look at who is wearing their gear and that might tell you something. Sure some get sponsored, most do not.
Their compression gear is OK. Their elite stuff is definitely worth paying the extra for. Have to say I switched to Compressport for calve sleeves, and their stuff is way better than the 2 XU equivalents though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same problem here. I had the Tri pants compression (~$130) and they came shipped with threads hanging out on the inside. After one tri there was a hole in the pants. However how did you contact them? As far as I know they don't have any support in the US and you have to contact the store you bought them at. I returned them with a full refund (plus my shipping cost) to wiggle. Thumbs up to wiggle for a very very fast and easy return (yes, from US to UK).
I also have a 2XU tri top which I don't like. It's so thick that I'm running hot.
Quote Reply

Prev Next