Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2XU.... Poor Quality? [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you paying all that money for some lettering on the suit? I've owned multiple pieces of their apparel. After alot of use the iron-on lettering comes off but the fabric remains at a high quality. Buy for the product and not the name on it,
Quote Reply
Re: 2XU.... Poor Quality? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do not generally follow wash instructions; it all goes in the same load, on hot, cheapest detergent and into the dryer. I'm a laundry nightmare.

Tom,

Is that how you treat your Assos Bibs? :-)

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: 2XU.... Poor Quality? [kurkomat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had similar problems with 2XU gear. Just a year (15 uses) after purchasing my V1 wetsuit small tears started at the seams. After 2 uses the inseams of my 2011 tri-shorts began to tear. Other 2XU gear, other problems. Not happy with 2XU gear. Overpriced and overhyped.
Quote Reply
Re: 2XU.... Poor Quality? [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
I do not generally follow wash instructions; it all goes in the same load, on hot, cheapest detergent and into the dryer. I'm a laundry nightmare.

Tom,

Is that how you treat your Assos Bibs? :-)

Assos Bibs go in the autoclave.
Quote Reply
Re: 2XU.... Poor Quality? [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2xu is the best gear ever...

2 years with my tri-suit and I can tell: that thing is INDESTRUCTIBLE!

Now I bought an Orca suit and the Orca signs last a month or less...

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I prefer Zoot compression. Its a little more expensive but its worth it. Try it out

NEWBIE BUT GOODIE
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i agree, they preach their products are the best and i bought a tri suit from them, $130 not to expensive, i wore it for 6 races in the course of 3 months and the chamoises disintegraded...i emailed sxu...they told me sorry contact the place you bought it from....so they dont even stand by their own stuff....since then i will not be going back and buyign any 2xu stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: 2XU.... Poor Quality? [ZackC.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 2xu from several years ago to last year are GREAT and I am still using them .
The new stuff this year is what the issue. The material is of poor quality (same cost) and some of the lettering falls off after the first use. And after about 5 to 6 uses the new tri shorts (all 3 pair) just fell apart.
I washed them with the older 2xu garments and the older tri shorts are still going..
Last edited by: heliix: Oct 11, 11 8:38
Quote Reply
Re: 2XU.... Poor Quality? [bgannon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think my larger issue is the lack of product support. I completely get that companies may have a bad run here or there... I bought an item that was sub-standard, no big deal. That said, there needs to be some way for customers to get in contact with 2XU to make things right. Only thing I could find was the "contact us" link on the 2XU USA site and it's apparently a black hole.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
its not a black hole, they just took 2 weeks to get back to me and the email simply said "contact the people you purchased it from" which pisses me off because they clearly dont care about customers or their product. i asked for them to either send me a new chamoisi insert and ill get it sewn in or ill mail in the old tri suit for a new one, so its not that i didnt give them options i was willing to work with them and even though they responded i feel like they blew me off.

what i really mean to say is i completely agree....maybe if we make a big enough stink soemone from 2XU will see the thread and do something about it
Quote Reply
Re: 2XU.... Poor Quality? [bgannon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
csinko works for 2XU and he posts on here in response to issues. Maybe try sending him a pm.
Last edited by: motriguy: Oct 11, 11 10:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got the 2XU compression socks from REI and they were of pretty bad quality. Seemed like fraying fibers from the get-go. I had never worn compression socks before so I assumed the fit was correct as well (sized it up based on the instructions on the package) but they still seemed looser than I would expect compression socks to be.

http://www.rei.com/...ssion-recovery-socks

Ended up returning them and picking up Zoot compression socks. Not only do the Zoot socks look sweet (opinion), but they compress much more for the correct size and the fabric quality is obviously much better (thicker, seemingly more durable). I've been wearing them for about eight weeks under shoes and around the house by themselves during recovery and am very pleased with how well they're holding up.

http://www.rei.com/...ompressrx-socks-mens
Quote Reply
Re: 2XU.... Poor Quality? [spagoli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spagoli wrote:
My problem was caused because the lettering was non stretchy and so when the suit flexed it caused the lettering to peel. to be honest its cosmetic so not sure that they should need to replace it even if you asked, its only going to come off again.

I have tri clothing from 2008 I think? And it is rock solid I don't know how many times they've been washed. New gear the letters are coming off immediately. You are right the screen printing is NOT strechy as their material and it either cracks or peels off.
Quote Reply
Re: 2XU.... Poor Quality? [cjathey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cjathey wrote:
What type of cep compression products do you use for recovery...per running warehouse all I see is active compression.

Just the compression sleeves. From my experience they are cheaper, easier to put on, and seem to work slightly better than the socks.

For tights, nothing beats the Zoot Recovery ones, but they are a pain to get on (mostly because of the piece that goes around the foot, but it is invaluable whenever your feet hurt). It's the reason I originally bought the 2xu ones since they go on very fast and easy.

-Bryan Journey
Travel Blog | Training Blog | Facebook Page
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kurkomat wrote:
I think my larger issue is the lack of product support. I completely get that companies may have a bad run here or there... I bought an item that was sub-standard, no big deal. That said, there needs to be some way for customers to get in contact with 2XU to make things right. Only thing I could find was the "contact us" link on the 2XU USA site and it's apparently a black hole.

x2 on csinko. He's the person on ST I worked with to my my shorts replaced. Send him a PM.

Riding the Awesome Train With: Dark Horse Coaching
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They definitely have quality issues. Two of my friends have had their top of the line Project:X wetsuit tear apart from seams this year.
Quote Reply
Re: 2XU.... Poor Quality? [SpartyTX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was wondering if I was the only one with 2XU quality issues - a search brought me to this thread. I bought a pair of 2XU tri shorts a couple of years back, the material rubbed through in the seat area after a few training rides and a half ironman race. I tried to contact them through customer service and sent pictures through their site and never heard a peep from them. Decided I would move on. This year my tri-team purchased their gear from 2XU so I thought I would get another chance to see if they have improved. The gear came in the week of my spring half ironman so I wore it for the first time in the race, and into the wash it went. Now the seams are falling apart because the stitching is coming undone. I haven't had these issues with other tri shorts or tri tops that I have had so I just don't understand. They definitely have brand recognition, but I just haven't had good luck with their quality.
Quote Reply
Re: 2XU.... Poor Quality? [SteveW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes the quality sucks. The fit is great and the feel is great but the durability blows. All my 2xu stuff usually only lasts a single season which includes following the care instructions. The tri shorts chamois came un-done and bunched up after a few months of use. I'm done with 2xu.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My 2XU calf compression sleeves are coming apart at the stitching, and I've had them for less than 6 months. I only hand wash them, never put them in the W/D. Disappointing. My next pair will be a different brand.
Quote Reply
Re: 2XU.... Poor Quality? [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't know if this helps but I am pretty good with a sewing machine and can mend just about anything. Just let me know and I could fix it if you ship it to me.. Or anyone else out there with a minor repair for their gear
Quote Reply
Re: 2XU.... Poor Quality? [Triguy73] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was about to go for their 2xU R:3 wetsuit...should I look at other brands? I really liked the fit and it seems like a good wetsuit?

The Home of Advanced Running
Advanced Running Instagram Page
My narcisstic training log
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a bad experience with 2XU as well. I bought a compression top and shorts last year. I wore them on 2 rides and one race, all within 10 days of receiving them. After 1-2 washes on gentle cycle with cold water the chamois pad was obliterated. I bought them from a well known tri store and when I called back to start the return process ( less than 2 weeks after I received them), I was told they didn't make these outfits anymore and that I could get a refund to my card. So now I have a top that matches no other bottoms in my wardrobe. I think they make some outfits that look pretty good, but I'm too reluctant to pay anywhere near a retail price again to take a chance on an outfit of that quality.
Quote Reply
Re: 2XU.... Poor Quality? [Boris The Blade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you have any gear that you can't use anymore I would be happy to take off your hands if the pad fell apart.
Quote Reply
Re: 2XU.... Poor Quality? [SpartyTX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do a lot of fabric printing and we actually use the same material that 2XU uses for their logos. Most of the higher end 2XU fabric is very very very hard to print on. They do the best that they can but the fact that they really like that metallic silver print color and their fabric is always super hydrophobic and slick, well it's a bad combination. I'd really hesitate to say that this means that the product is a low quality product as I think they use some really really nice, slick, light and fast fabric (I have no connection to 2xu btw and don't even own much of their stuff anymore) but it's a fabric that is simply not conducive to printing on. Their high end suits also have a TON of stretch and because they are printing the suits new before anyone ever wears them that means that over the first two or three wears the suit will stretch a lot and you often have a lot of print failures. When we print on 2xu suits for people we usually tell them to wear and wash them a few times and if they are printed after that the prints last forever. That being said, it's nearly impossible to do this with a new suit;) The B70 suit fabric is a lot easier to print on so it's not that it's higher quality, it's just that it's an easier fabric to print on. I'm sure that some people will complain that it's no slick enough or that it's fairly rough, two things that make it easier to imprint;)
Quote Reply
Re: 2XU.... Poor Quality? [Tai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gave up on 2XU .. shipped with threads hanging out on the inside. After one tri there was a hole in the pants.( same issue )
my epix gear is cheaper and better! even zoot stuff are better too.
Quote Reply

Prev Next