Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread
Quote | Reply
i suspect dev will initiate the actual 100/100 sticky thread, but i thought i'd start "grievances" early, as there has been a lot of talk already about the 100/100, making sure it's going to take place, etc & so forth.

so, here is where you complain that the 100/100 is ill-conceived, or talk about last year's success/failure, or evince unbridled enthusiasm about the exercise. or other.

here is where one would enter. we are trying to get our training log to integrate with strava before the challenge begins. we have a little training log debugging to do, i don't know if you can see WHO enters a challenge before the challenge actually commences and people start putting up sessions. seeing if we can change that.

begin...

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am in for 100 sweet delights in 100 days
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My grievance is that this stupidity has lasted this long....we started in 2006-07. So 12 years later it is like a cockroach that you can't kill and keeps coming back to life after the fall leaves are gone and the winter kicks in for us Northern Hemisphere people!!! OK, I am in for some shuffling....awaiting to see if I can get in for a disc surgery but in the mean time some shuffling on the treadmill is possible. Ideally I should do more running in 100 day than swimming....that would be around 350K-400K given my current fishiness trend.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
....I thought I felt a ripple in the force. I actually thought of this today for God only knows why. Like lemmings off a cliff, I shall line up with the other ST trolls on 15 December to pursue the fool's errand of 100/100. Probably my 5th year.....high water mark was somewhere in the low 60's a few years back. Without the challenge, the count would be around 25. So I've got that going for me. Look forward to the smack, whining, bitching and SMH stupidity that graces the threads orbiting this annual challenge. It's official: I have no life. Carry on peeps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
water running should count

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
water running should count

I propose that you can count all the water running you want after you complete the warmup set of 20x50m fly on 50 seconds coming in sub 40. After that water run till you are blue in the face....if not we revert to counting all the forms that were previously allowed....run on pavement, on track, on sand, on snow, on treadmill. Both feet need to leave the medium you are landing on and be in the air during every stride if not that does not count as running. Basically we use the inverse rule to olympic race walking...in that sport, at least one foot has to always be on the ground....in 100/100 if it qualifies for 100/100 you'd get a DQ at Olympic race walking!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you mean the complement, not the inverse

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was just about to come on here and air my grievance that in 2017 I still need to manually enter my runs when every other app and device I use (Garmin, Strava, Trainerroad, Trainingpeaks, Fitbit...) integrate (mostly) seamlessly, but you've already anticipated that one!

Looking forward to having a decent crack at this challenge for the first time, it's always piqued my interest but this year some major life changes have meant I'm enjoying my running more than I have in a very long while. Will see if I'm still enjoying it in ~4 months time... Good luck with that Strava integration
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My usual complaint is that it starts too early after the Honolulu marathon, but not too bad this year -- 5 days after.

Bring it on!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Every year I enter the 100/100 to get into run shape. This year I approach it running more than I ever have and that freaks me out even more. I'm scared of how to handle it now. Prolly gonna do lots of doubles and take at least one day off a week. I'll need to reflect on a new approach.

Oh....and I'm bringing more friends into it this year.

Ian

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am a-grieved that so many of you over achievers will do well over 100. It isn'Â’t a 200/100 Challenge. Y'Â’all should have your own separate challenge!

I hit 90/100 last year. Aiming for 100/100 this year. With the challenge ending on a wonky day (something like March 24?) it is a good way to get through tax season without emerging with that stereotypical fat frumpy CPA look. Work every day. Run every day. It’s on.

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Last edited by: gtvirginia: Nov 28, 17 10:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a FOP swimmer, MOP biker and DFL runner... this is exactly what I need...

can you run indoors/treadmill?
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [SLOgoing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SLO, game on!

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [RonanIRL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RonanIRL wrote:

Is there a rules thread to go with this?

Asking for a friend who owns an elliptical....
Last edited by: Impulse-Warp: Nov 28, 17 6:48
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [RonanIRL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RonanIRL wrote:

I'm a DFL swimmer, MOP biker and FOP runner. I'm waiting for the Guppy Challenge to be posted :-).
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [Kula] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kula wrote:
My usual complaint is that it starts too early after the Honolulu marathon, but not too bad this year -- 5 days after.

Bring it on!

Starts too early for me, as I'll be taking a few days off after the Austin Marathon (Feb 18th)

A month window on the start/end would be great. (ie. pick your own start date for the 100)
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [SteveM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This should help for getting into shape for Los Angeles Marathon! :)

N+1
Strava
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [Impulse-Warp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Impulse-Warp wrote:
RonanIRL wrote:

So, I can't speak for how people will interpret this, but since I own the SQL query, the current implementation will count any training log entry that counts as running with at least 30 minutes duration during the challenge period. This means, "Running", "Trail Running", "Treadmill", and "Snowshoe Running".

We've got two weeks to nail down any differences of opinion. Ready.... go!!

-Eric
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [Impulse-Warp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Impulse-Warp wrote:

devashish_paul wrote:
Both feet need to leave the medium you are landing on and be in the air during every stride if not that does not count as running.

I think that's a no to elliptical
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I need this. More than last year. I crapped out around 50 something and the last bunch were pretty shitty with something like other day making up time for the previous run.

PS my grievance is only with myself!
Last edited by: jeremyebrock: Nov 28, 17 13:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Impulse-Warp wrote:
RonanIRL wrote:

rules are coming. i'm giving dev a chance to catch up on his work obligations. here are last year's rules.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would like it to be a true 100 runs in 100 days challenge rather than the look at me I can run before AND after work challenge.

Basically, did you run 30min today? Yes, great! you get a gold star. I don't want to hear about how long you went yesterday, so you are going to take a day off. No run, no gold star.

You have a race during the challenge, that's a you problem. Your wife gave birth during the challenge, that's a you problem. You have to travel for work during the challenge, that's a you problem.

After nearly 10 years of streak running including a current streak of 2 years with 3mi/day, I don't want to hear excuses, just shut up and run.

Thanks, I've been keeping that in all year.

Oui, mais pas de femme toute de suite (yes, but I am not ready for a woman straight away) -Stephen Roche's reply when asked whether he was okay after collapsing at the finish in the La Plagne stage of the 1987 Tour
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [Vincible] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vincible wrote:
I would like it to be a true 100 runs in 100 days challenge rather than the look at me I can run before AND after work challenge.

Basically, did you run 30min today? Yes, great! you get a gold star. I don't want to hear about how long you went yesterday, so you are going to take a day off. No run, no gold star.

You have a race during the challenge, that's a you problem. Your wife gave birth during the challenge, that's a you problem. You have to travel for work during the challenge, that's a you problem.

After nearly 10 years of streak running including a current streak of 2 years with 3mi/day, I don't want to hear excuses, just shut up and run.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am an aggrieved party. Knee replacement surgery contraindicates running. Guess I'll just keep on doing my "+100/+100 do some sort of exercise" challenge. I'm at 101/101.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [Vincible] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vincible wrote:

dev makes the rules. i'm just a singer in a rock and roll band.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply

Prev Next