Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Re: 105 lever cap question(s)
Quote | Reply
Okay, granted, I can be a mechanical idiot, let's get that out of the way first.

The cap on my 105 brake/shifter lever came off (this is the plastic cap on the top of the unit, with the 105/Flight Deck artwork). To my mind only God and Tom Demerly know how this critter goes back on.

So a) am I missing something obvious or do I need an engineering degree to get it repaired? and b) is it just cosmetic anyway or do I need to re-affix the little guy post-haste to prevent one damn thing after another falling off?

Thanks in advance...

TonyG

What is Enoch Root?
Quote Reply
Re: 105 lever cap question(s) [TonyG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pull your brake lever on looking down from above there should be a little phillips head screw that holds it on
Quote Reply
Re: 105 lever cap question(s) [petesprocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Pete,

That screw is actually in the cap that has come off. There seems to be two parts to the cap, the outher silver shell, and a black plastic piece inside - between the two is the screw. Here's the catch - I've tried to pry the two apart using all the force I can without actually breaking either piece. Not budging.

TonyG

What is Enoch Root?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry about that I actually looked at my Ultegra shifter. Im now looking at a 105 shifter the silver cap just poped off using a screwdriver gently prying it off from the bottom. If that is the cap that came off it seems to still work ok without it. Im not game to undo the phillips head under that. Hope that helps
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One fell of my bike this spring and although I may not look sharp, I've done just fine without it.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply