Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [b.will] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sure this has been discussed before but I cant find it - What is the maximum tyre clearance for the SC? would a rim with a 28mm brake track work, assuming there is a 25mm tyre on there that measures up to c27mm (realistic?)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Sjurk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know quite a few who ride with a Stages on their Gen2 SC, no issues

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [tessar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also with a short crank? 165mm?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At least one I know rides Ultegra 165mm, yes.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [tessar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Super, thanks!

Been looking into stages this week and couldn't find any confirmation on the 165mm-version. The right-only solution wouldn't be a problem except that that I can't get my hands on it.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [davidwilcock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davidwilcock wrote:
I'm sure this has been discussed before but I cant find it - What is the maximum tyre clearance for the SC? would a rim with a 28mm brake track work, assuming there is a 25mm tyre on there that measures up to c27mm (realistic?)

Not sure on that one. I have 24mm brake track with 26mm tires and it clears, but it doesn't feel like I should go much bigger. If I had a way to check I would. Best suggestion I would have is to reach out to Trek through their contact form and see what they say.
https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/contactUs/
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Thread,

Apologies for the basic questions, but just beginning to explore the SC as my next ride and need a bit of help getting started.

I see the 9 series is available only as a frameset. Any idea why the 9 series build is no longer an option? Is this a sign that Trek has another premium frameset coming to market sometime soon?

I recall Trek built a nice X/Y toolkit to guide size and fit related decisions, but can’t find that tool on Trek’s website. I found a page on Trek’s “Precison Fit” process, but have solid X/Y coordinates and just need a guide for optimizing those coordinates on the SC.

All other considerations aside (handling, price), which wheelset is fastest? On a related note, I don’t see a disc wheel in Bontrager’s lineup but do see some pros (Lindsey Corbin, Holly Lawrence) riding “Trek” branded discs. Any idea what disc they are pairing with the SC?

Many thanks for any insights,

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Post your pad X/Y here and either I or someone else can help you pick the right frame size. With regards to anything new for Trek's TT bike, I've been told the existing SC will be around for at least another year or two.

Wheels are a different ballgame. My personal recommendation would be to run a Hed Jet Black disc and a Hed Jet Black 6 up front. The Trek "branded" discs you see athletes run are just rebranded discs from other companies. I dated a Trek sponsored female pro year before last and she was actually on an Aeolus 9 that had a wheel cover which was then in turn covered/bonded rather skillfully with a large vinyl sticker with a Trek logo.

Go with the Jet Blacks. You won't regret it.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
485/665. Thanks for your help!

Thanks for the good thoughts on Hed. That setup speaks to me for sure. However, the whole wheel-shootout discussion (and the Aeolus performance in that testing) has me wondering whether integration is the real winner these days and to go with a manufacturer like Trek that (theoretically) develops the system as a whole.

IOW, I was leaning towards a Bontrager wheelset (acknowledging the the disappointment that excludes a disc).

Thoughts on that?

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't ridden Aelous, but I'm quite happy with my HED's.
Made some pictures today:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sjurk wrote:
Finally able to post here (been reading for quite a while now). Proud owner of this beast for a few weeks now:

P1 2018 SC with FFWD wheelset and I'm loving it. Sadly my Powertap C1 doesn't fit, neither does my 4iii left-only power meter. Anyone here any luck riding with a recent M-frame and 165mm cranks + power (Stages or Pioneer)? Tried to search but only a 2014-topic pops up.

Out of interest. Which one of the trek colours is that? I'm not sure how much I trust the project one rendering to reflect reality so could do with a reference point
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's one of the default Trek schemes, color is Viper Red. I agree the renderings aren't close.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know what kinda of junction A box they have for there Di2 and where its being placed on the bike?

Getting list of 8050 / 9160 parts list. If anyone happens to have a specific list would be awesome if they could post! If not I will post when I finish.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the 5 port box as I have the brake shifters too. I believe you’d only need the 3 port if you just have bar end shifters only.

I have mine mounted on top of the stem cover (mid far). Using Velcro and it works OK. On really rough roads it comes loose but easy to just push it back on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5 port with all the shifters. It’s meant to mount on the stem cap. You can pop out the holes in it to zip tie it down. I’ve done hot glue, but won’t hold in AZ heat. I just use electrical tape.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [blueapplepaste] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cool thanks

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got a five-port, tied to the extention with some kind of rubber band:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has anyone installed (pics helpful) or experience with the rubber bumper part to prevent the fork from dinging the frame when turned too far? This is for gen 2 SCs running a traditional stem/bar setup instead of the gen2 integrated cockpit. I'm looking for a solution to the problem other than upgrading the whole front end. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ilikepizza] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can anyone tell me how to tilt the aerobars in the Gen 2 cockpit? I had a fit done and he tilted them up. I am happy with the fit all except for the tilt. Thanks for any help.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Rossguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s the two hex bolts in the piece in the middle of the mono extension and the grub screw there. Best to remove the bridge holding the arm pads first.

Please refer to the service instructions as they better describe it than I will. I haven’t got a link handy if you don’t have a copy.

Developing aero, fit and other fun stuff at Red is Faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
davidwilcock wrote:
Out of interest. Which one of the trek colours is that? I'm not sure how much I trust the project one rendering to reflect reality so could do with a reference point

The color swatches that were in the shop were not far off though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ilikepizza wrote:
Has anyone installed (pics helpful) or experience with the rubber bumper part to prevent the fork from dinging the frame when turned too far? This is for gen 2 SCs running a traditional stem/bar setup instead of the gen2 integrated cockpit. I'm looking for a solution to the problem other than upgrading the whole front end. Thanks.

Not sure what you want to know. I have that but I do have the integrated cockpit. Even with that I had paint damage from the fork rotating too far and hitting the frame, but luckily no frame damage from it.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [tyme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My understanding was that the integrated cockpit eliminated the fork rubbing and damage. From your comments it sounds like you have the integrated cockpit and the rubber bumper and are still experiencing the same issue? If that is the case is there really much benefit to updating the cockpit other than the adjustability/drag/etc arguments?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the rubber bumper doesn't seem to do much on my SC. It is on the bottom of the frame right by the fork. If the fork swings hard enough, it will still contact the frame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just received my new P1 and installed clear plastic stickers at the point where the fork would hit the frame. My old SC had all the chips and this bike is way to pretty for that. The rubber part will help but wears quick. I believe it’s only available in the “small parts kit” not sold separate.

You just peel the sticker and stick on

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply

Prev Next