Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [ironpo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironpo wrote:
hi
yep i just went for zipp extenstions (chicane) as i hate ski tips
fitted fine on the standard shiv base bar and looks great
cheers
IP

Ok, thx for the info. I'm also not really appreciate the original extension shape.

Can I ask you a last question? Your setup for the computer seems great (compared to my Cateye's Strada), what are you using?

Fred
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [quickguru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
for my SRM power control i just used 2 profile computer mounts. 1 ,long 1 short fit perfictly between my bars
just join them with the mounting bracket of the power control, very neat and tidy
if your bars are slightly narrower you can just trim the longer mount down
cheers
IP
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MITaerobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mark, Thanks for the rapid reply - much appreciated. Would it be possible to post a few pictures of the Pro Shiv and a Shiv in XS size? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CAnderson_SBC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What are the chances that Triathlon rules change making the Shiv illegal to be more aligned with UCI regulations?

I bought a $250 Blue Seventy Skin Suit in 2007 which was perfectly legal at the time, then they changed the rules and I only got to use it in one race.

Does Specialized have any assurances from WTC, USAT, ITU etc. that they won't make the new Shiv illegal in the future?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [jesse@thr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jesse@thr wrote:
What are the chances that Triathlon rules change making the Shiv illegal to be more aligned with UCI regulations?

I bought a $250 Blue Seventy Skin Suit in 2007 which was perfectly legal at the time, then they changed the rules and I only got to use it in one race.

Does Specialized have any assurances from WTC, USAT, ITU etc. that they won't make the new Shiv illegal in the future?

That`s a good question. I`m sure Specialized have an answer about this.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [jesse@thr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was wondering this myself, would suck to drop $8-10,000 on a bike and then they come out and say its no longer legal. Considering P5 instead when it comes out, but would really like to get the Shiv if I knew it wasn't going to be outlawed, not that it is, just considered it could.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [cdander3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't trust what any of the alphabet agencies say they will do in the future. However I'd be carefull of buying a non UCI frame if I was going to do bike TTs even where they are allowed now, or ITU races. I doubt run of the mill races will change anytime soon.

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [tomp83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I still owe you the Pro pics, but here's an XS (Red) next to my size S (Carbon) that I raced at IMAZ. I don't really think of the bikes as XS-XL like normal -- i.e. I could fit the XS-M easily, and due to the stack I like to run, the S works best. I could also fit the XS well but would opt for this if I went more aggressive.

Man, makes me want to go race again...ah offseason.

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Specialized Bicycle Components
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [cdander3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We've worked really closely with the federations (USAT, ITU - draft illegal rules, WTC, etc.) and have gotten no indication that more stringent rules are on the way. We've followed all equipment guidelines enforced by these groups.

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's good to know that you worked with these agencies. Question, have you heard of any other companies complaining that you aren't ITU legal? I guess they can always just do something different themselves too, but that takes time and captial, and instead they may just start complaining and trying to get some regulations in place. Just thinking off the cuff. I really like the bike and would love to get one, just want to be comfortable spending that much money before I do. Plus still need to get on one and make sure it works for me, hoping to do that in January!
Quote Reply
Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MITaerobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HI Mark,

I'm very close to upgrading my well used Transition... Specialized are still favourite, but I'm not sure which frame to go for, Primarily I ride TT's - almost none of which are UCI restricted. Aesthetically, I much prefer the TT version, I also like the lower base bar position... but would the Tri model be faster..? The roads round here are generally poor quality and far from flat, so weight and comfort are also factors...Any reccomendations...? .I hate making decisions..!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Mark,

Looks like you zip tie an S-Works Carbon Rib Cage between your aero bars? and maybe another one on the back?
http://www.asiorders.com/...ID=80362&BIB=976

Trying to find that old 60 min / 40k tt split!
http://www.supergosam.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love the look of the black Shiv you raced in AZ. Will that graphic/paint scheme be available to consumers?

Toro Performance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there a specific date these SHIV's will start shipping to LBS'? Would love to see one!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [realtalk411] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2012 Shiv TT....featuring fully internal Di2. it's possible! (you can also buy a brand new shiv i have for sale, if anyone is looking for a module -- and i can even do this for you!)

thanks for looking. hope you enjoy the build! (contact point positioning is temporary--just roughing in the build.)

Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [tetonrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
can you post this in a few more threads pls?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tetonrider wrote:
2012 Shiv TT....featuring fully internal Di2. it's possible! (you can also buy a brand new shiv i have for sale, if anyone is looking for a module -- and i can even do this for you!)

thanks for looking. hope you enjoy the build! (contact point positioning is temporary--just roughing in the build.)

It looks very nice :-)

My TT bike
BMC TM01
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Tillquist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks, tillquist. means a ton coming from you, having seen some of the amazing work you do.

this isn't even a finished build. :)

Tillquist wrote:
tetonrider wrote:

It looks very nice :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
have the pro builds/frames begun shipping yet?! if not, how soon?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [odin99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The pros are beginning to ship globally. Not sure if any have hit stateside yet. Will likely be within the next month.

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cool - hoping to see one in the LBS soon. Do you have pics you can post of a pro yet?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is the black bike an S-Works version? I can't tell :-)

Bob
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CakeWalk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was hoping you could recommend a size based on my arm pad stack and reach measurements? Both measurements are taken in relation to my bottom bracket. I'd really like to know what size shiv tri would fit me and still allow for optimal handling.

Elbow pad stack 630 (center of BB to Center of elbow pad)
Elbow pad reach 475 (center of BB to Center of elbow pad)

I’ve done some searching online and it looks like the stems can be adjusted from 60-90mm and the stack of the base bar + the pads is about 80mm. I couldn’t find anything anywhere saying now much fore/aft adjustment in the pads is possible. I could be completely off base here but I’m guessing I could ride a small or medium frame with the medium only giving me about 1cm of downward stack adjustment if I decided to go lower in the future? I’m wondering if my reach would be too much for the small frame and cause handling issues?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
can you use any stem you want to for the specialized tt shiv?
Quote Reply

Prev Next