Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ray Britt's Softride
Quote | Reply
I saw an article on xtri about Ray Britt's IMAZ. He road a softride. I was wondering what people have had experience with softride. I tried one out and I bounced up and down on the seat the whole testride. Seemed like it was very inefficient.
Quote Reply
Re: Ray Britt's Softride [tailwind111] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the next few weeks, read my blog. You will find out a LOT about Softrides.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Personal thing. On my test ride years ago, I didn't bounce much at all. I was sold. And the little bouncing I did quieted down very quickly after I started riding one fulltime. I haven't looked back since, and now I own 3.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will take my Softrides head and shoulders above my P3.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Personal preference. I hated mine, but I love my titanflex.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm selling mine if you want...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately, a Softride bike is not a bike that can be fully understood or a conclusive opinion developed with just one test ride.

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love my Softride. I've never bounced. And it's not like I'm a great cyclist either. Or runner or swimmer for that matter.

Benjamin
Quote Reply
Re: Ray Britt's Softride [Oregondave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What kind?
Quote Reply
Re: Ray Britt's Softride [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2002 or 2003 Classic Qualifier
Quote Reply
Re: Ray Britt's Softride [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with Fleck. I was on love with mine on the test ride, but have since decided to go back to the hard tail.
Quote Reply
Re: Ray Britt's Softride [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm selling mine too. It is one of the best looking rides I have seen. Flat black, no decals, medium, 650c, carbon beam, Reynolds fork, FSA, Carbon X...
Quote Reply
Re: Ray Britt's Softride [konabro2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got a grand total of $250 right now I could spend and college tuition will be due in a few months.
I'm thinking I'l have to wait til next year before I get to ride anything reasonably comfortable.
Quote Reply
Re: Ray Britt's Softride [Oregondave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have looked at Softrides, but always thought that at 6'3" and 230# they were a bit dainty for me. Am I way wrong?
Quote Reply
Re: Ray Britt's Softride [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm personally looking forward to this with great interest..
Quote Reply
Re: Ray Britt's Softride [FatBomber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have no idea - I'm only 5'8" and 155 lbs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bomber,

Our classic beam has a weight limit of 245lbs. As far as height goes you should have no problems. I am 6'3" and fit perfectly on our FASTT.

In fact Darryl Haley, former offensive tackle for the New England Patriot’s, set a record in Kona as the biggest athlete ever to complete in the Ironman. Darryl rode a 63cm Softride Solo with a 530 SOFTRIDE suspension beam. Darryl proved to everyone that you don't need to be rail thin to compete in triathlon events.

Feel free to email or call me for a test ride.

Adam

Softride Bike

888-258-7299

www.softride.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FB, I don't know if you are a bit robust for them or not. If you like the concept, Titanflex can, in one possible configuration, take a rider up to 305 lbs.! I know at your height, the maximum weight would be less because the boom wouldn't be jammed up to the hilt (which increases it's load rating), but, 235 isn't a problem at all. Oregon Dave would probably opt for the lightest boom and be very happy with it.

No, I'm not a TitanFlex salesman, I just researched it a good bit before buying one, and I fit a buddy on one...we're both darn pleased with the product.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've ridden softride for 4 years now 5' 11" 155 pounds. Started with the classic - and moved up to the tt. You have to learn to pedal correctly and then this thing is so fast. It is very comfortable. AND it is ultra fittable - meaning you can really get fit nicely on the ride.

The bouncing thing bothers lots of people - but it usually stems from a poor pedaling technique.

Buy the tt version with the stiffer beam rather than the classic.

It is the most aerodynamic bike out there.
Quote Reply
Re: Ray Britt's Softride [UK Gear Muncher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are letting me test it even after they read my website/blog. Confident fellows, aren't they?
Quote Reply
Re: Ray Britt's Softride [Titan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm 6"4, 257lbs at the moment (225-230 competition weight) and ride a Softride Classic TT (XL obviously with the stiffer beam). I chose the classic as the FASTT has too low a rider weight and too high a price tag for my budget. I couldn't be happier with my purchase. The comfort improvement is phenomenol and I can finally stay in the tuck position for my entire ride.

As a big guy I've always been hard on wheels but with the softride the wheels just move up out of the way when hitting imperfections in the road allowing you to power over rough tarmac. I wonder if Adam has any info on longevity of wheels on a softride vs. other brands?

The additional weight of a classic frame is neither here nor there for a guy my size. My only criticism of the frame is that the rear end (with its single bladed stays) shows a little flex when I really put the hammer down.
Quote Reply
Re: Ray Britt's Softride [cl244] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cl244 wrote: I wonder if Adam has any info on longevity of wheels on a softride vs. other brands?

Very good question!

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Re: Ray Britt's Softride [Titan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the two selling their Softrides...how about some details in the classifieds section...I'm always hunting.
Quote Reply
Re: Ray Britt's Softride [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm selling an Elite beam bike (very similar to a Softride). Since I need cash soon I'm lowering the price. Check the Classified section or e-mail me for details. stevehevans@yahoo.com
Quote Reply