Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Rappstar injured in hit and run
Quote | Reply
The story's on the Slowtwitch home page. Hit and run while riding a bike. No witnesses. CHP suspects a farm worker commuting home, made a (probably left hand) turn into oncoming Jordan. Glass at the scene suggests side window impact.

He's lucid, good brain function, broken clavicle and scapula, the scapula break is in a strange place suggesting very hard impact, according to the doctor. He's on a ventilator but could breathe without it. No spinal cord injury, normal brain function, no broken limbs afaik. Lost 2 to 3 liters of blood on the side of the road and during transport.

Was entirely sedated overnight and this morning. As of noon, slowly coming out of sedation (he's responsive to specific questions, but not exactly alert and lucid yet).

The CHP seems to be taking this pretty seriously. I spoke to both the investigating officer and the Captain in charge of the CHP regional office.

What can we do, in terms of catching the perp? The only description would be a vehicle with a broken passenger or driver side window; maybe a dent in one or the other doors; probably tho not necessarily a worker at one of the area's many farms. The corner of Lewis Rd. and Old Lewis Rd. is the scene of the accident. Old Lewis Rd. is not on Google Maps. I don't know what else the road might be called. It's proximate to University Drive. This, in the Oxnard area.

The sort of ride we might do here is to then left turn on Potrero, back up to Decker Rd., and back to Thousand Oaks, where Jordan lives.

That's all I've got currently.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Rappstar injured in hit and run [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As I said on the previous post HealStrong Rappstar

In response to catching the perp...Does his bike have any paint scuffs on it from the vehicle or vice versa?

If the guy didn't even stop that is so so terrible

Give us news when you can!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tragic news.

Jordan, my heart goes out to you. I wish you you a complete and speedy recovery.

Dan, please keep us posted if there are any new developments.

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Speedy recovery!
Quote Reply
Re: Rappstar injured in hit and run [fedor123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no paint from the vehicle. there's nothing we know other than where the accident took place, which means we might stake out the intersection for commuting vehicles, and, broken side window and smashed in door, and maybe the paint from what was a nice white and red transition, that's our perp.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Prayers for a speedy recovery Jordan.

[Dan please feel free to merge the other thread into this one]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get well soon Rappstar! This was not the news I was looking for when I opened ST today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can't find it on the map either, but that's all wide open rural road, hard to believe you couldn't see a cyclist coming the other way, or along the road. I imagine CHP will be contacting local farm managers to be on the lookout for a car with dented side/broken glass. Wonder if the perp was turning left from "X" to Lewis Road, or vice versa. What a fucker to leave him like that.

Sending healing vibes to Jordan.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
horrible news. i'll be in oxnard this week for work. i'll keep my camera and 5-iron handy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Holy cow.

Best wishes to Jordan for a speedy and complete recovery.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jordan and Jill, our thoughts and prayers and support are with you both!

Thanks for the updates Dan. Makes the body shudder reading that. Obviously, we can't send flowers to ICU, but if there's anything we can do for Jill or Jordan, please let us all know.

- Paul

--
Paul Lantinga
Sable WaterOptics from See Worthy
paul@sablewateroptics.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Prayers to Jordan and his wife. I just got back, frustrated with my run, and then I read the headline. Talk about perspective. I'm still shocked.

Thanks for the updates, Dan. Best wishes to you, Jordan, and everyone close to him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is Horrible news.

I Wish Jordan a fully healthy and speedy recovery.

-----------------------------------------------
www.true-motion.com Triathlete Casual Wear since 2007
(Twitter/FB)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wishing Jordan a speedy recovery! Warmest wishes, Jordan.

AndyF
bike geek
Quote Reply
Re: Rappstar injured in hit and run [t2k] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hopefully he ends up being alright. It's frustrating seeing these two articles next to each other.... :(

Last edited by: legs: Mar 24, 10 13:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is awful. Hope for a speedy recovery. People really suck sometimes.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gosh that is so bad. First and foremost hope Rapp gets better soon and there is no lasting damage.

But to think there are (alot of) people who would drive away from something like that (on both sides of the atlantic) is just terrible.

Maybe go to some local garages and see if that have done any window orders/replacements! Hope you find him/her!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Best wishes to Jordan and his family and a speedy recovery. That area is pretty good usually with wide shoulders and decent road surfaces, but all it takes is one schmuck who isn't paying attention. Some of the farm vehicles on the back roads out there are definitely more aggressive than they should be to people being on "their roads". Hopefully, they will find this guy and prosecute him.

Mike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Praying for Jordan and that the perp gets caught.

Quote | Reply
this is terrible news. absolutely terrible.

best wishes to jordan on a speedy recovery.

dan -- please keep us up to date on his recovery and let us know if there is anything we can do to help. thanks.
regards,
robert
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This really is upsetting. Get well soon Rappstar and hopefully they catch the @sshole that hit him and left him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is the type of news that all those that have friends and family that are dedicated cyclists never want to hear.

I wish for you the speediest and more compleat recovery on record Jordan. You will get back on the bike sooner than you think now, but at the same time you have to take it easy.

Sergio

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: English is not my first language. Please read this translated post considering that.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn........Best wishes for a Speedy recovery, Jordan.....and lots of comforting thoughts for those loved ones around you.....be strong all!!

Paul

----------------------------------------------------------------
Sponsored by RUDY PROJECT...check out http://www.e-rudy.com
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.
"What does not destroy me, makes me stronger."
-Friedrich Nietzsche, Götzen-Dämmerung (1899)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Terrible news is an understatement. :(

I hope that Jordan makes a full recovery and the guilty parties are brought to justice.

How soon is too soon to send gift baskets of bacon to the hospital?

-Chris

--
I ride Felt.
Quote Reply
Re: Rappstar injured in hit and run [Sergio Escutia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Boy that is just awful.

I hope to hear about your speedy recovery Jordan.

And a sincere thanks to the physicians, nurses, techs, emt's, medical scientists and others who make surviving something like this possible. Their hard work and dedication is to be commended.
Quote Reply

Prev Next